Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub - slow wifi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

The (Not So) Super Hub - plz help !

Old 13-02-2011, 16:49   #1
Lee_wwfc
Inactive

Lee_wwfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy The (Not So) Super Hub - plz help !

Ok after complaining too Virgin reguarding the poor quality i had been getting on my internet i was talked into upgrading too 30mb with a new Super Hub.

On my old connection (20mb) via a N class Belkin router i had 1 hardwired PC , 2 x Laptops (1 for gaming) and a wireless Xbox. Occasionally i would have a iphone connect also all with no issues or dc's.

My problem was basiclly in the end was (im not 100% here) something Virgins end to do with something called Edge, basiclly meaning the problem i had wasnt my end.

OK end of life story ..

New hub all hooked up , wired too main pc .. Why on earth does the wireless keep dropping and loseing connection ? Ive tried the 5ghz but items wont connect , ive checked settings all seem ok , Xbox is unplayable , all wireless items usually time out and lose connection 2 maybe 3 times a hour ..Ive tried the Manual set too channel (12,even 13 and 14) but all devices refuse to connect.

Now the Question ...

Can i turn off the wireless on the super hub and maybe the firewall ... Connect from the superhub too my Belkin Router and from the router too my PC ?

Basiclly using my Belkin for my wireless and using the Belkins firewall thus using the not so super hub as a simple modem ?

Thanks in advance
Lee_wwfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2011, 16:51   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: The (Not So) Super Hub - plz help !

Also login to the Superhub and switch off ip flood detection and the the firewall.

The is a firmware update coming sometime soon that will give you the option to switch off the wireless and use the Superhub purely as a modem.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:55   #3
sgtsixpack
cf.member

sgtsixpack is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a guide linked in my post here, goes into a little more detail:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...nd-router.html
sgtsixpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:58   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsixpack View Post
There is a guide linked in my post here, goes into a little more detail:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...nd-router.html
It does not work when I click it the link is dead.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:04   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The link isn't so much dead as in incorrectly entered, as in he failed at copy-pasting the link. The correct link is http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co....edia-super-hub
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 17:10   #6
Lee_wwfc
Inactive

Lee_wwfc is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks guys thats awesome ,, great fast replies
Lee_wwfc is offline   Reply With Quote