Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lime coloured urine??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

quit smoking

Old 23-02-2006, 18:26   #1
sharpygreen
Inactive

Services: sky 10 meg ntlbb
sharpygreen is on a distinguished roadsharpygreen is on a distinguished road
quit smoking

quit 3 days ago patches seem to work just eating like a horse now

anyone got any advice how to stem my appetite attacks
sharpygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2006, 18:30   #2
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
Re: quit smoking

Find something to occupy your mind, Model building
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 18:37   #3
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads

I was told that when you give up smoking and are on NRT, you get sugar deficiency, which makes you feel more hungry, and was adv to eat glucose tablets, the ones athletes use. Also eat low calory stuff like carrot sticks etc. but the feeling of hunger/boredum weares off after a week or so...
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 18:55   #4
sharpygreen
Inactive

cheers il ltry the carrot sticks but i would prefer cream eggs lol
Old 23-02-2006, 19:28   #5
Tuftus

For the 'habit thing' with the hand to mouth action I found liquorice root sticks pleasant...

Won't help with the appetite though
Old 23-02-2006, 20:04   #6
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Loads of inspiring posts in my thread from last year, about th stopping smoking and appetite: http://cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=27155

Kept me going anyway! Just didn't have the willpower to keep it up

Good Luck! And buy plenty of chewing gum!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 20:08   #7
patrickp
Inactive

patrickp has reached the bronze age
patrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze agepatrickp has reached the bronze age

And good luck with quitting the habit, sharpygreen!

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Got there first, hmmm? Is this Pia pressure? ;-D
patrickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 20:19   #8
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Have a look here.

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 20:31   #9
sharpygreen
Inactive

thanks for the support

as anyone else had bad feelings on the patches im feeling dizzy all the time
a bit like when you haven't had a ciggie for a while and the 1st one gives you a head rush

why oh why did i ever start peer pressure at school started when i was 10 so been puffing for 28 years
Old 23-02-2006, 20:39   #10
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpygreen
thanks for the support

a bit like when you haven't had a ciggie for a while and the 1st one gives you a head rush

why oh why did i ever start peer pressure at school started when i was 10 so been puffing for 28 years
you may be able to go to the next strength down?

I didn't ever try patches, but did have a go, once with a fake ciggy with nicotine in & got the same 'head rush', as it was difficult to regulate how hard you sucked on it, to get a hit the same as a real fag.

Went 'cold turkey' in the end, & so far after 18 months, I think I've cracked it.

- good luck, I can guarantee you will feel better
Old 23-02-2006, 20:43   #11
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
thanks for the support

Where abouts are you placing the patches? You can get different sensations according to where the patch is, ie on your arm (nearer your heart ) or on your leg. Plus, are you switching from left side to right side on alternate days?
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 21:03   #12
Tuftus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Where abouts are you placing the patches? You can get different sensations according to where the patch is, ie on your arm (nearer your heart ) or on your leg. Plus, are you switching from left side to right side on alternate days?
I found the inside of the upper arm the best as there is no or little hairs there... alternate the side each day.
Old 24-02-2006, 01:41   #13
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

You're meant to put them on your torso somewhere aren't you?
I always thought the hip might be a good place to put them, but then they made me itch like mad when i tried them on my arms.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 09:39   #14
basa
Inactive

basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal
basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
thanks for the support

I stopped about 5 weeks ago .. can't say I've been totally abstinent but only relapsed once or twice. The patches really help but I too experienced dizziness but this subsides as you lower the dose. My real bug was indigestion (another noted side effect) but this too has subsided with the lower doses.

I found tic tacs great (low cal too ) and sips of water (good for the digestion and general well being).

Stick with it, it does get easier. But boy do I miss that head rush !

My main problem is the habit element, missing that fag whilst walking the dog, getting in the car, my morning coffee etc. Like missing a friend !

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia
You're meant to put them on your torso somewhere aren't you?
I always thought the hip might be a good place to put them, but then they made me itch like mad when i tried them on my arms.
I was told if you unwrap the patch and remove the protective film for about 5 mins before applying it there is little to no itching. Seems to work too !
basa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 10:36   #15
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
thanks for the support

They used to make me feel odd, I used to only use them on the top of my ****, less iching and slower release. The main problem for me with the patches was the total mental vivid dreams. They got so bad I went onto the gum, which I actually prefered to the patches.
edit:oops, I think the swear filter kicked in, it should be bum.
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote