Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 21-02-2012, 16:51   #31
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

I pressed the red button on BBC channel last night and only got Iplayer. Is that what they mean when they say they haven't got the red button service yet? For instance, sometimes live sports is available on the red button i.e. different table matches during snooker events, but I can't seem to access this before like I used to do with the V+HD box.
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2012, 16:52   #32
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
I pressed the red button on BBC channel last night and only got Iplayer. Is that what they mean when they say they haven't got the red button service yet? For instance, sometimes live sports is available on the red button i.e. different table matches during snooker events, but I can't seem to access this before like I used to do with the V+HD box.
Yes, that's correct.
Old 21-02-2012, 16:53   #33
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

You`ve got it in one. Coming soon to a box near you
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 16:54   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
The news and sports red button apps are coming very soon to the TiVo.
Old 21-02-2012, 17:01   #35
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The news and sports red button apps are coming very soon to the TiVo.
PLEASE note the last line ( salt & pinch should be your watch words ) just look back.Is it a year or just months since it has being coming soon. Dont doubt it will.This quarter is the latest statement, I am sure the people that post it hope so. As do I, just dont hold your breath
Old 21-02-2012, 17:03   #36
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Technically yes that's right.

It's a fuzzy bit of copyright law that allows PVRs to exist in the first place. Specifically http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-o...-timeshift.htm

The second paragraph is important when you are talking about streaming:

Obviously there is no real benefit for individuals to be investigated for not deleting/wiping a recording they've made, but the Copyright holders will likely be very keen to make the distinction between the 'timeshift' exception and multi-room streaming which I think they class as something else
But this ruling is presumably very relevant, where people are complaining that Tivo does not have a 'backup to DVD/VCR' in the same way that the V+ has. Strictly speaking, by providing this facility on the V+, VM are/were allowing or encouraging customers to break the law by making permanent copies of their PVR recordings.

My impression is that content owners have been relatively easy about this sort of facility, which has been around for many years, because you are only recording an analogue version of the content (transmitted via SCART) re-digitized by your DVD recorder. The same tolerance would presumably not be applied to direct re-recording of any digital content via ethernet or HDMI, and certainly not to HD content.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:07   #37
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
PLEASE note the last line ( salt & pinch should be your watch words ) just look back.Is it a year or just months since it has being coming soon. Dont doubt it will.This quarter is the latest statement, I am sure the people that post it hope so. As do I, just dont hold your breath
l am going to watch a clip of Mr Men later and l cordially invite you to be party as Mr Glum and there you can meet Mr Happy and Mr Pessimist .
Old 21-02-2012, 17:09   #38
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum

Looking forward to the BBC Apps personally
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:13   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum

l will second that.
Old 21-02-2012, 17:15   #40
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

wooohooooooooooooo sky sports red button next month and the bbc red button in time for snooker world championship too great
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:16   #41
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully 'red button' service will be activated in time for the Olympics. <fingers crossed>
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:17   #42
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully 'red button' service will be activated in time for the Olympics. <fingers crossed>
March... so plenty of time
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:21   #43
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
l am going to watch a clip of Mr Men later and l cordially invite you to be party as Mr Glum and there you can meet Mr Happy and Mr Pessimist .
So tell me how long has it been promised ! I really hope it happens soon, just will believe it when I see it .

Abraham Lincolns speech about fooling people comes to mind!!! when getting a promise from Virgin on big issues.
Customer service is a different thing - always great I find
Old 21-02-2012, 17:31   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
So tell me how long has it been promised ! I really hope it happens soon, just will believe it when I see it .

Abraham Lincolns speech about fooling people comes to mind!!! when getting a promise from Virgin on big issues.
Customer service is a different thing - always great I find
There is a old saying Itshim and that is "I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative".
Old 21-02-2012, 17:34   #45
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
There is a old saying Itshim and that is "I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative".
But I so hate being disappointed