Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How Overworked are the Installers?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Customer service gave me ultimatum.

Old 13-08-2011, 17:32   #1
Blarix
Inactive

Blarix is on a distinguished roadBlarix is on a distinguished road
Customer service gave me ultimatum.

Hi all,

I have recently signed up to virgin media in July. My original installation was on 17th july but some how my account got cancelled without my permission. I was refunded my £25 I was confused as to why and there was no clear answer. I have signed back up again then was told to wait until August 6th for Installation and I was fine with that. I have called the virgin media customer service a day before the installation to confirm everything was going ahead as usual and they told me not to worry. I therefor cancelled my previous phone, broadband, and tv provider and terminated contract with them because I believed the installation would go fine as my neighbor has also VM. On August 6th two Engineers came by looked around the property where I live and without saying a word they got back in their car and drove off. I was baffled and did not know what to do afterwards. I called tech support they told me I needed a cable "re-pull and I would be contacted by someone on Monday, and I have not received a call. I called back on Tuesday, and once again was told the same but again no one has contacted me. Wednesday the same and each time I spend nearly 2 hours on the phone in waiting line and been transferred back and forth. Finally without ever receiving a call two gentleman came and replaced the cable. I called tech support again to ask them when the installation would be done as I was told by the engineer manager as soon as they replaced the cable engineers would come out to do the installation. On Thursday I was on the phone with the installation team supervisor and she assured me they would 100% find a solution for me and as soon as she knew more she would contact me on Friday.

I was bit relieved to hear that but on Friday I received a call from the team supervisor who's name is Caroline and she said bluntly the installation will be on the 27th of August. I had previously explained to her in detail that I'm currently without Phone line, tv and Broadband. I have two kids and a wife who is currently recovering from an injury. They are basically stuck at home with absolutely nothing to watch/do or even call out friends and family. I have in detail explained to the supervisor that I need a solution as fast as possible as it was not my fault something went wrong with the installation. She said that I either should take the date or cancel my contract, I was baffled to hear a supervisor utter those words without actually trying to find a solution first. I have expressed to her that she should not speak to customers in that way specially customers who are new and don't know much about VM customer service. I'm sending this email in hope you guys can find a solution for me and perhaps speed up the installation as currently we have nothing in our house. I have signed up because I heard so much good things about VM and so far it has been a nightmare for us. I even recommended my friend the other day and his installation date was ahead of mine which completely confused me. Why have I been thrown back at the quee for something that was totally not my fault to begin with?

I'm hoping to hear from you, and please find a solution as currently I'm at the verge of actually cancelling my contract. I can't deal with the customer service on the phone any more as they say the same thing without finding solution. I was told I was going to be contacted since last saturday by a manager who deals with the installation bookings and they have left him voicemail, send him email and even once had him on the line but he never once contacted me. The installation date is 27th and in my honest opinion I don't see that being whatsoever slightest being fair.
Blarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2011, 17:45   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Customer service gave me ultimatum.

Sorry to hear whats happened to you, I can totally understand why you feel let down.

This isn't an official Virgin Media website and therefore we can only offer advice here.

We do have very long lead times at the moment and although it wasn't your fault, if VM moved you forward they would have to cancel someone elses install. The Supervisor was being honest I guess, even if you didn't want to hear it. I obviously don't know the "tone" of the converstion of course.

One thing you could try is emailing the CEO office and seeing what they can do for you? Or possibly speaking to Customer Relations on 150 "thinking of leaving us"?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 19:11   #3
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I agree with contacting Virgin CEO office.

Tell them the facts, that you were advised that one solution to your problem was to cancel. Intimate your surprise at that option, see what happens.

I believe you should always raise your concerns, surprisingly, companies do listen (sometimes )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 19:11   #4
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarix View Post
Hi all,

I have recently signed up to virgin media in July. My original installation was on 17th july but some how my account got cancelled without my permission. I was refunded my £25 I was confused as to why and there was no clear answer. I have signed back up again then was told to wait until August 6th for Installation and I was fine with that. I have called the virgin media customer service a day before the installation to confirm everything was going ahead as usual and they told me not to worry. I therefor cancelled my previous phone, broadband, and tv provider and terminated contract with them because I believed the installation would go fine as my neighbor has also VM. On August 6th two Engineers came by looked around the property where I live and without saying a word they got back in their car and drove off. I was baffled and did not know what to do afterwards. I called tech support they told me I needed a cable "re-pull and I would be contacted by someone on Monday, and I have not received a call. I called back on Tuesday, and once again was told the same but again no one has contacted me. Wednesday the same and each time I spend nearly 2 hours on the phone in waiting line and been transferred back and forth. Finally without ever receiving a call two gentleman came and replaced the cable. I called tech support again to ask them when the installation would be done as I was told by the engineer manager as soon as they replaced the cable engineers would come out to do the installation. On Thursday I was on the phone with the installation team supervisor and she assured me they would 100% find a solution for me and as soon as she knew more she would contact me on Friday.

I was bit relieved to hear that but on Friday I received a call from the team supervisor who's name is Caroline and she said bluntly the installation will be on the 27th of August. I had previously explained to her in detail that I'm currently without Phone line, tv and Broadband. I have two kids and a wife who is currently recovering from an injury. They are basically stuck at home with absolutely nothing to watch/do or even call out friends and family. I have in detail explained to the supervisor that I need a solution as fast as possible as it was not my fault something went wrong with the installation. She said that I either should take the date or cancel my contract, I was baffled to hear a supervisor utter those words without actually trying to find a solution first. I have expressed to her that she should not speak to customers in that way specially customers who are new and don't know much about VM customer service. I'm sending this email in hope you guys can find a solution for me and perhaps speed up the installation as currently we have nothing in our house. I have signed up because I heard so much good things about VM and so far it has been a nightmare for us. I even recommended my friend the other day and his installation date was ahead of mine which completely confused me. Why have I been thrown back at the quee for something that was totally not my fault to begin with?

I'm hoping to hear from you, and please find a solution as currently I'm at the verge of actually cancelling my contract. I can't deal with the customer service on the phone any more as they say the same thing without finding solution. I was told I was going to be contacted since last saturday by a manager who deals with the installation bookings and they have left him voicemail, send him email and even once had him on the line but he never once contacted me. The installation date is 27th and in my honest opinion I don't see that being whatsoever slightest being fair.
You have had a terrible experience and I would definately email the CEO office .
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 20:45   #5
Blarix
Inactive

Well that was bit embarrassing

I thought this was VM support forum. I appreciate the tips guys I will for sure send the email. What is the ''150'' line?

What number should I dial for that one?
Old 13-08-2011, 21:02   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

That gets you through to VM directly free of charge (will only though work from a VM phone)

Not sure of the 0800/0845 number
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 21:08   #7
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

...Or possibly speaking to Customer Relations on 150 "thinking of leaving us"?

Dialing '150' wouldn't do much good as they haven't been installed yet

They could try posting on the official support forums at http://community.virginmedia.com
....or maybe waiting for a mod here to PM them for details for one of these magical high up contacts we sometimes hear about

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 21:16   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymmy View Post
not sure of the 0800/0845 number
0845 454 1111
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 21:19   #9
Blarix
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
0845 454 1111

Please god no. Not that number. I have been dialing that so much that I know it top of my head.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post

They could try posting on the official support forums at http://community.virginmedia.com
....or maybe waiting for a mod here to PM them for details for one of these magical high up contacts we sometimes hear about
Dear Mods,

You guys would make my day if you could provide me with this contact number the gentleman that I just quoted mentioned.

Old 13-08-2011, 21:19   #10
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

if i was you i would contact CEO office asap. this is disgusting to read what has happened to you, and also as someone else advised, post this on the official VM forum, they are usually good at sorting these issues (you will get a reply in about 3 days though).

Definitely email the CEO office though..... wow.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 21:27   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarix View Post
Please god no. Not that number. I have been dialing that so much that I know it top of my head.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Dear Mods,

You guys would make my day if you could provide me with this contact number the gentleman that I just quoted mentioned.

The 0845 number given is the same as dialing 150 from a VM phone. There is no secret number.. Most though do say to ring just after 08:00am on a weekday and you should hopefully get a UK based customer service agent. Perhaps someone with the CEO email address handy they might want to PM it to you
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 21:41   #12
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post

yes, silly me, it's 0845 454 1111 from a non VM line.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 23:17   #13
Blarix
Inactive

I wish all CEO's were actually taking the time out and respond to peasant customer as me . He has responded to me saying his team will look into the case and has apologized to me which is something i never asked for but fully appreciate it. I will keep you guys updated and will stick around this forum.
Old 13-08-2011, 23:40   #14
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

The CEO's office, once involved, do get things done..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 23:45   #15
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Do the team still have their line into VM? This sounds like one of those occasions where a little nudge seems appropriate?