Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | High power level on one downstream channel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

High power level on one downstream channel

Old 11-05-2012, 01:02   #1
Mattyboyo
Inactive

Mattyboyo is an unknown quantity at this point
High power level on one downstream channel

After getting sent to back of line for bumping my own thread after 6 days and breaking an unwritten rule on the VM community forum I dare not add to it again.

My superhub has 5 downstream channels locked, 4 around 0dBmV and the 5th is at 43dBmV.

Code:
Connection
Startup Procedure
Procedure	Status	Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel	291000000 Hz	Locked
Connectivity State	OK	Operational
Boot State	OK	Operational
Configuration File	OK	 
Security	Enabled	BPI+

Downstream Channels
Lock Status	Modulation	Channel ID	Max Raw Bit Rate	Frequency	Power	SNR	Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked	QAM256	139	55616000 Kbits/sec	291000000 Hz	 0.2 dBmV	41.4 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	140	55616000 Kbits/sec	299000000 Hz	 0.1 dBmV	41.5 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	141	55616000 Kbits/sec	307000000 Hz	-0.1 dBmV	41.4 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	142	55616000 Kbits/sec	315000000 Hz	-0.3 dBmV	41.4 dB	Hybrid
Locked	QAM256	143	55616000 Kbits/sec	323000000 Hz	43.0 dBmV	41.6 dB	Hybrid
Unlocked	Unknown	0	0 Ksym/sec	0 Hz	 0.0 dBmV	 0.0 dB	Unknown

Upstream Channels
Lock Status	Modulation	Channel ID	Max Raw Bit Rate	Frequency	Power
Locked	ATDMA	50	20480 Kbits/sec	35800000 Hz	43.8 dBmV
Unlocked	Unknown	0	0 Ksym/sec	0 Hz	 0.0 dBmV

Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID	28580
Max Traffic Rate	66000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst	10000 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate	0 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID	28647
Max Traffic Rate	3072000 bps
Max Traffic Burst	8160 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate	0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst	8160 bytes
Scheduling Type	Best Effort

Current System Time:Thu May 10 22:44:53 2012
Is that a bad sign, worse than all being a bit high? There's a load of stuff in the event log too but I don't know if that is safe to put on a public forum.

Cheers, Matt
Mattyboyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 01:47   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: High power level on one downstream channel

Firmware bug. Reboot it.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58   #3
Mattyboyo
Inactive

T looks like it's sorted it. I was hoping it might have been why the superhub is so slow.

Bern told there are no utilisation problems and the power levels look fine but I only get 10Mb downloading blueyonder game demos.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45   #4
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyboyo View Post
After getting sent to back of line for bumping my own thread after 6 days and breaking an unwritten rule on the VM community forum I dare not add to it again.
It's not a question of breaking rules it's just the way the VM techs tackle issues on the board - they work with the oldest. If you bump your own thread it just has the effect of putting you at the back of the queue it isn't some sort of punishment.

The techs show up as red iirc so if you find one they've answered you can gauge the wait time reasonably accurately. It's usually 2-3 days but I expect it has grown as VM continue to give out higher speeds (and more importantly STM cap levels) willy nilly without any actual capacity increase to support them.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:23   #5
Mattyboyo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
It's not a question of breaking rules it's just the way the VM techs tackle issues on the board - they work with the oldest. If you bump your own thread it just has the effect of putting you at the back of the queue it isn't some sort of punishment.

The techs show up as red iirc so if you find one they've answered you can gauge the wait time reasonably accurately. It's usually 2-3 days but I expect it has grown as VM continue to give out higher speeds (and more importantly STM cap levels) willy nilly without any actual capacity increase to support them.
It was 6 days without a response to the information one of the techs had asked me to post. The way it came across was that I should have known better and tough it was now going to be 2 weeks.

Some people on there have said it's oldest thread first and others have said it's oldest since a tech responded. What happens if you posted in my thread? Do I go to the back of the queue or only if I respond to what you wrote?
Old 13-05-2012, 17:02   #6
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

If a post is made in the thread, you go to the back of the queue.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 17:38   #7
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
If a post is made in the thread, you go to the back of the queue.
not any more
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 20:19   #8
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
not any more
If they've fixed that BS it isn't before time. I haven't looked at the VM board now in months but it's still where I'd report a problem other than a complete loss of service in preference to talking to a call centre.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 20:45   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
If they've fixed that BS it isn't before time. I haven't looked at the VM board now in months but it's still where I'd report a problem other than a complete loss of service in preference to talking to a call centre.
Last time I reported a problem over there I was completely ignored.

So as far as I'm concerned it's no different to talking to an offshored call center.

Both appear to be a complete waste of time.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 01:27   #10
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

yup.

But there is hope. For some reason whenever ive managed to speak to Scottish dudes which has luckily been often they always go the extra mile for me. Their not all script readers, theres some in the profession who have the ability to understand, get on the level and use common sense.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 01:31   #11
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I'll second that thenry. If you're lucky enough to get someone in Scotland then you've a far better chance of some actual help.