Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin plan that includes 08/03 numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Answerphone not answering

Old 03-12-2008, 19:02   #1
Willow7
Inactive

Willow7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Answerphone not answering

Hi, I’ve just started using Virgin media, broadband has been working fine for a month and now I’ve just transferred in my old Tiscali land line number. And I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with.

When I test by using a mobile phone to ring my cable phone about half the time my answering machine doesn’t answer but keeps ringing. The times it does answer the caller display is showing the incoming number. The times when it doesn’t answer the caller display alternates between showing the incoming number and showing RINGBACK. It flashes between the two messages during the incoming call. I’ve spoken to a few people at Virgin and they say they have no faults and to try another phone.

I have Virgin Media cable in an ex NTL area. The phone services I have active are 1471 (had to ring up to get this enabled) and caller display, I don’t have the Virgin voicemail service. My phone is a BT DIVERSE 6250 answerphone.
Willow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2008, 20:33   #2
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Answerphone not answering

My voicemail was turned on when i got my line activated, i had to phone up and get it disabled before my answer machine would pick up. I did get through to the virgin answer phone so it may not be the same problem as you.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18   #3
Willow7
Inactive

Thanks Southwell, unfortunately that's not my problem, I'm sure my voicemail is not activated as I don't get through to the Virgin voicemail. Cheers.
Old 04-12-2008, 14:56   #4
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

I've had a problem recently with two cordless phones refusing to work at all .. this might be a related problem.

Have you gor a corded phone you could try on the line?
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 19:21   #5
Willow7
Inactive

It works fine with a regular corded phone. If I don't come up with anything sooner I plan to borrow an answerphone from work next week. Cheers.
Old 03-09-2010, 14:23   #6
Invader Zim
Inactive

Invader Zim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello peoples, here is the answer to your problems with the voicemails: http://forum.computer-technology.co.....php?f=7&t=115

hope that helps cheers
Invader Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 17:00   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post
Hello peoples, here is the answer to your problems with the voicemails: http://forum.computer-technology.co.....php?f=7&t=115

hope that helps cheers
This thread is 2 years old

The OP is saying they don't have the VM answr service switched on though, so not the answer here.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote