Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Three HomeSignal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Three HomeSignal

Old 26-02-2012, 01:24   #1
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Three HomeSignal

Home Signal can help enhance your indoor signal. You may be eligible to get a Home Signal box if you have trouble connecting to the network indoors, you live in a rural area or if your house has thick walls that block your signal.

www.three.co.uk/homesignal

This is great news for me as for the last year signal in my home has been so poor, to an extent that i get no signal at all im some areas in my home. Apparently these are only available to customers through 2nd line support, some customers may not be eligible and if you're on a sim only contract you cant get one of these yet.

They also have a how to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DK6f2c2KEV0
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2012, 13:51   #2
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Re: Three HomeSignal

I've been trying to get one of these today and its proving quite difficult, even though i've reported signal issues several times, been given £5 off every month and given the opertunity to cancel my contract early without penelty and still they are making it difficult to get one.

I've arranged a call back from another team within 24 hours who will escilate the issue further.
Old 27-02-2012, 13:59   #3
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

Yeah it does seem they're not keen on giving them out at the moment, I have 2 iPhone 4s, 1 Blackberry 9900 and a HTC Wildfire on contract with 3 and all 4 of them get no signal in parts of our house. Rang 3 and they credited me £5 AGAIN and said they will call me back in 3 days.

It seems they must be able to check some how to see if your phone either loses its 3G signal or roams onto T-mobiles network which would show poor 3 signal in your home. So I imagine they will be monitoring how often my phone loses signal over the next few days.

So fingers crossed they let me have one as if its like the Vodafone version it will be full 3g signal anywhere in the home.
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 15:07   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

3 cannot roam onto T-Mobile. They use Orange as their one and only roaming partner.

Get your facts straight.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:49   #5
Zee
Inactive

They dont roam technically onto t mobile but i am sure there is some sort of sharing agreement between tmobile and three, and im sure they dont use orange as a roaming partner anymore either.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:24   #6
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

I've just asked for one of these. We've had issues in our new home ever since they switched off the Orange roaming agreement here last year.

The agent I got through to knew exactly what I was asking for - checked my signal - talked me through the issues I've had (no signal on the bottom two floors of our house) and then said that someone will call me back tomorrow with the details.

I'll let you know how I get on. I find the service great outside of my house, but here the signal is shocking!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 16:23   #7
Zee
Inactive

still not managed to get one from the 2nd line support team. going to get a call back from a supivisor later today...
Old 29-02-2012, 14:14   #8
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
3 cannot roam onto T-Mobile. They use Orange as their one and only roaming partner.

Get your facts straight.
3 don't offer an 2G service anymore, they don't roam on any other network other than MBNL's which operates the 3G network coverage for 3 and Everything Everywhere. MBNL is a 50/50 joint venture between 3 and Everything Everywhere, i'm sure it will be the base for 4G as well.

But 3 do not use 2G back up anymore which caused problems for a lot of people.

There are some areas, rural areas which may still use Orange but this is less than 1% of the UK population, because Orange 2G is not as big as O2 2G and there will always be some rural blackspots.

www.mbnl.co.uk
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 15:15   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Also don't forget that the backhaul network for MBNL is managed and maintained by Virgin Media Business.
Old 29-02-2012, 16:30   #10
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Also don't forget that the backhaul network for MBNL is managed and maintained by Virgin Media Business.
That's right, I would have expected Cable and Wireless Worldwide or even BT to have been chosen, maybe the thought of Cable and Wireless Worldwide going down the pan put them off.

But the focus is more on 3G and 4G now, that is another reason why 3 stopped the 2G back up to save money.

All networks should really be investing and focusing on 3G and 4G, you've got the networks selling phones like the Blackberry Curve 8520 when it only offers the 2G range of services, they're going backwards rather than forwards.
Old 02-03-2012, 15:34   #11
Zee
Inactive

but im sure only t-mobile/3 masts are shared, the orange masts are not shared with three?

Anyway i got a call back and was told that the service was not enabled in my area yet and that they will give me a call back in 1 month time and let me know the progress.

he did mention that any discounts i get due to signal and any offer of early termination will be ended once i get this homesignal kit.
Old 02-03-2012, 17:32   #12
Cardinal
Inactive

Cardinal is an unknown quantity at this point

It's good to see we are all having trouble getting one of these. I have just come off the phone with Three and they said that they were more than happy to send me one but wouldn't refund the £100 if it didn't work for me as I requested it.

I think they are now getting inundated by calls for this as we have all suffered form bad reception for too long. I'm been going for two years with reception indoors!

Good luck everyone.
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 19:57   #13
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

I was told that I would be eligible for one, but my local mast "needed upgrading" to allow it and there's no plan for that at the moment.

Heaven knows hoe that works!!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 15:56   #14
Zee
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I was told that I would be eligible for one, but my local mast "needed upgrading" to allow it and there's no plan for that at the moment.

Heaven knows hoe that works!!
i was told some rubbish like that too.

Only thing keeping me with 3 is the cheap contract and unlimited data, otherwise i'd be off to O2 with their 900MHz 3G
Old 04-03-2012, 14:34   #15
m419
Inactive

Sorry but I think the use of these products by 3,Vodafone and Orange is unacceptable, they should be investing in the networks rather than palming you off with equipment to boost signal as that shows that the network is clearly not good enough.

Cable and Wireless did this when they owned One2one offering Free Voicemail because they knew the network was terrible and people were missing phone calls so they offered voicemail free to everyone, this was withdrawn by T-Mobile over the last few years on the latest price plans as the possibility of missing a call because of network coverage issues is a lot less. You will still get free voicemail on most pay monthly plans as well as old Up2you/pay as you go plans such as the Standard plan and Pay as you go everyone which were available between 1999 and 2006.

3 offered free voicemail because of the same reason, they then thought that the network was up to scratch and thought they would stop free voicemail in 2010 on pay as you go.

I also don't like the idea of mobile networks charging for 'call diversion calls' if I divert all my calls to a landline or someone else because of bad network coverage of where I am, the diverted call does not come out of my minutes but they charge me the standard rate for that call!