Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to access engineer's service hidden menu?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra

Old 30-11-2012, 16:47   #1
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra

Hi I`ve been on the vip 100 now for quite a while and have been following the tv price rise thread. I noticed someone posted something about free mobile calls from the landline on the vip, so I`ve checked the packages online and there seems to be something called talk unlimted extra which gives free calls to mobiles. This seems to be included on the vip package according to this page
http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html
How long has this extra bit been there ? and should I have automatically been put on it if I`m already on the vip package.
Cheers
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2012, 01:23   #2
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra

it been out for about a month mate i got it and it saved me a fortune on calls
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31   #3
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I`m a bit confused now. I`ve just rang up to see if these free mobile calls are on my vip package, to be told, as Harryn9000 said that its a new thing that has only been out a month. The cs guy said he can add it to my package for an extra £1.94.
So does this mean that the top vip package that I have been on is no longer the top package and that there is a new top package.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:58   #4
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I`m a bit confused now. I`ve just rang up to see if these free mobile calls are on my vip package, to be told, as Harryn9000 said that its a new thing that has only been out a month. The cs guy said he can add it to my package for an extra £1.94.
So does this mean that the top vip package that I have been on is no longer the top package and that there is a new top package.
Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. I was in exactly the same position as you and assumed I would automatically be upgraded to the new package, but that isn't the way it works. I did the maths and decided it would be worth it for me to upgrade so phoned up and did so.
I personally think it is another example of VM's unnecessarily complicated pricing and billing structures, but perhaps that's just me!
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 14:55   #5
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

So let me get this right.....

I am on VIP100 and have always been on VIP back in the days of when it was VIP and no split when it was 20Mb.
Now I had this argument with them before when last year the VIP package was 100Mb by default so I called up asking why I had not been moved to it from 50Mb.
They said we need you to make the agreement to the change!
What? You changed the package not me and if it's better then why have you not upgraded me accordingly.
Anyway they did that.

Now it seems this phone package is better and included in the VIP price but some of you are being charged more?
If I call up am I going to be charged more even though it's part of the VIP collection I believe I am on already?
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 16:11   #6
blackthorn
cf.geek

I think thats what it means Tricky. I didnt know anything about any new vip package until I read about someone getting free mobile calls. As far as I knew I was on the top vip package. The package that you and I are on doesnt seem to exist anymore. My heads all pickled with all these rises and package changes.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41   #7
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

it not a package change as such the the phone end of vip has changed but u have to ring up to get it.
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The previous VIP packages have been replaced by the current VIP Collection. All current VIP bundle customers can go onto it, but it's opt in.
Old 04-12-2012, 15:57   #9
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very confused. Currently on VIP50 paying £111.21 - I have voicemail plus but will be removing this. Does this figure sound right for my services? How much does voicemail plus cost?

How much will it cost me to add talk unlimited extra?

My area which was due to be upgraded to 100Mb already now wont be until next October. Can I upgrade 'manually' to 100Mb now? How much will that cost.

Thanks.
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 17:14   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's possible that you are paying more for your VIP bundle than the collection now costs. To add Talk Unlimited Extra you'd have to move to the current Collection
Old 04-12-2012, 17:21   #11
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's possible that you are paying more for your VIP bundle than the collection now costs. To add Talk Unlimited Extra you'd have to move to the current Collection
so does it cost extra to add talk unlimited extra to vip 100 Ben
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 17:28   #12
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Virgin really make things oh so simple don't they!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 17:29   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I don't think you can - you would have to move to the current VIP Collection
Old 04-12-2012, 17:30   #14
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I don't think you can - you would have to move to the current VIP Collection
ok thanks Ben take that would mean a new contract
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 17:42   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Probably, but I'm not 100% sure