Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Liberty Global Schedules Investor Calls for First Quarter 2017 Results

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Liberty Global Schedules Investor Calls for First Quarter 2017 Results

Old 25-04-2017, 00:29   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Liberty Global Schedules Investor Calls for First Quarter 2017 Results

Liberty Global plc today announced plans to release its first quarter 2017 results on Sunday, May 7, 2017.

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/pre...l-In-FINAL.pdf
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2017, 00:53   #2
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Liberty Global Schedules Investor Calls for First Quarter 2017 Results

Liberty Global plc Earnings Conference Call Monday, May 08, 2017, 14:30 PM

http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/kmdrh5d8/lan/en
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:02   #3
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Liberty Global Reports First Quarter 2017 Results

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/pre...ease-FINAL.pdf

• Total Q1 RGU Additions of 286,000 in Europe & LatAm, up 46% YoY
  • European Operating Income of $431 Million in Q1, Down 18% YoY
  • Q1 Rebased OCF Growth of 4% in Europe, reaching $1.6 Billion
  • Network & Product Investments to Underpin LiLAC's Future Growth
  • $1.0 Billion of LBTY Equity Repurchases & $20 Million at LiLAC
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:47   #4
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

How come income is down so much if there has been net additions and (presumably) price rises? Is that offset by investment?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:31   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Here is the press release by Virgin which is a bit easier to read.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate...6-results.html
Old 08-05-2017, 14:10   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
How come income is down so much if there has been net additions and (presumably) price rises?
"This decline was primarily driven by the net impact of (i) the deconsolidation of our operations in the Netherlands in connection with the completion of our joint venture with Vodafone Group plc (the "VodafoneZiggo JV"), (ii) negative foreign exchange ("FX") movements, mainly related to the strengthening of the U.S. dollar against the British pound, and (iii) our organic revenue growth"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:22   #7
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Here is the press release by Virgin which is a bit easier to read.

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate...6-results.html
Wrong link Den, that's 2016

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/v...7-results.html

I caught the tail end of a discussion on R5 about this, all i caught was the 15% churn rate over the last year.
That's pretty big, anyone know what skys churn rate is?

They put it down to better offers from competitors/Netflix/Amazon , i expected them to mention pirate streams as it's all over the papers but they didn't.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:50   #8
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Interesting comments from Tom Mockridge on the investor call. He described the move to increase prices for a second time last year as "too aggressive" and referenced that they coincided with service issues including Tivo set-top-box performance and network congestion. As a result, the 'hangover' hurt Q1 performance, with retention deals impacting on ARPU and churn relatively high at 15%.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:57   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post

I caught the tail end of a discussion on R5 about this, all i caught was the 15% churn rate over the last year.

They put it down to better offers from competitors/Netflix/Amazon , i expected them to mention pirate streams as it's all over the papers but they didn't.
Sorry about that John but sadly from time to time my brain goes haywire and l end up doing totally the wrong thing.

---------- Post added at 05:57 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Interesting comments from Tom Mockridge on the investor call. He described the move to increase prices for a second time last year as "too aggressive" and referenced that they coincided with service issues including Tivo set-top-box performance and network congestion. As a result, the 'hangover' hurt Q1 performance, with retention deals impacting on ARPU and churn relatively high at 15%.
Yes the churn is certainly higher then it has been for a while and perhaps they will think a bit more before they impose well over inflation busting price rises next time on Virgin customers.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:24   #10
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Sky had some crazy good offers on when Virgin last raised the prices, so I'm not surprised by the churn at all. Virgin were also less receptive than usual when it came to retention deals, at least from my own experience.
Old 09-05-2017, 15:10   #11
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post

Sky's churn has increased to around 13.6 % I think , I noticed today they were selling Sky Q packages to new customers at 50% off. The sale ends in 3 days which highlights the competitive market.
http://www.sky.com/shop/sky-bundles/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 15:41   #12
Kushan

I'm surprised Sky's churn is that high, I assumed all of Virgin's leaving customers were going to Sky.

Guess paid TV is finally starting to die off.
Old 09-05-2017, 17:20   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I'm surprised Sky's churn is that high, I assumed all of Virgin's leaving customers were going to Sky.
Churn is customers leaving. It tells you nothing about the numbers arriving.

VM's TV acquisitions are at a 10 year high. I think this probably just tells us that people are more willing to move provider these days.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 20:14   #14
Kushan

Quite possibly, I just remember Sky having a much better offering at the time. Then again, I know more people happy to take TV from BT and TalkTalk because they "don't really watch it that much".