Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Old 27-03-2017, 21:45   #1
glennigogs
Inactive

glennigogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Hello peeps :-)

Quick question for you-

How in the lords name do I stop TIVO recording Coronation Street despite:
1. Not ever recording any other soaps....EVER
2. Giving it 3 thumbs down

It has happened for this and many other programs we have given "thumbs down" before, and it gets inconvenient as we only have a 3-core machine.

Thanks in anticipation, lol X
glennigogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2017, 22:27   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennigogs View Post
Hello peeps :-)

Quick question for you-

How in the lords name do I stop TIVO recording Coronation Street despite:
1. Not ever recording any other soaps....EVER
2. Giving it 3 thumbs down

It has happened for this and many other programs we have given "thumbs down" before, and it gets inconvenient as we only have a 3-core machine.

Thanks in anticipation, lol X
Unplug it. Never fails.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 22:32   #3
glennigogs
Inactive

Not sure a reset would work? Its been turned off on many occasions, and that is something that is a constant. Thanks anyhow :-)
Old 27-03-2017, 22:40   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not sure a reset would work? Its been turned off on many occasions, and that is something that is a constant. Thanks anyhow :-)
No, I meant unplug it and leave it unplugged

Alternatively you can reset 'thumbs' in options, this can speed up the box too. Or stop it recording all suggestions. I did the latter after it thought I'd love hours of Welsh regional news ( I'm not in Wales...).
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 22:56   #5
glennigogs
Inactive

Smile Re: Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Ha, ha ! :-)
I will try that then, if the stop recording suggestions doesnt work - that make sense :-)
Welsh news: how obscure!
XG
Old 27-03-2017, 23:01   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe you have accidentally set up a WishList or Series Link that is recording it. Have a look in My Shows & Recordings -> My Planned Recordings, and Manage Series Link+
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 09:01   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Ha, ha ! :-)
I will try that then, if the stop recording suggestions doesnt work - that make sense :-)
Welsh news: how obscure!
XG
Don't let it annoy you. Think of 'Suggestions' as a better method than channel hopping. At least if you stumble on a programme you like, you'll be able to see it all the way through, and skip the commercial breaks!

I believe the reason the thumbs are not having an effect is because VM disabled them a while back. If I remember correctly, that was done to speed up the old Tivos (someone will correct me if I've got that wrong!).

Suggestions don't prevent you from recording, contrary to popular belief, so all you have to do is ignore them if you are not interested.

Look at it this way. I'm sure that there is plenty of material in 'on demand' that you wouldn't watch, but you don't let the fact that it's there get to you!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 09:40   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I believe the reason the thumbs are not having an effect is because VM disabled them a while back. If I remember correctly, that was done to speed up the old Tivos (someone will correct me if I've got that wrong!)
Allow me . Some customers were advised to delete their thumb ratings to speed up their boxes, but VM have not disabled them. If you haven't deleted them they operate as usual.

I suspect glennigogs' recordings aren't Suggestions anyway. But if they are, just ignore them, glennigogs. Suggestions will never stop your planned recordings from happening.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 10:46   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Your wishlist could be to blame. I have a wish list for a sporting event that keeps recording an episode of a drama that features that sport.