Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2017, 01:35   #1291
RizzyKing

Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You really do look a bit silly Andrew when you try and say the bbc favoured leave and your the only person I've heard say that as RR said the overall approach of the bbc was very much remain and not leave.

Advertisement
Old 20-04-2017, 09:43   #1292
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

OK, let's look at Question Time... Since the 2010 election, UKIP has been represented 20 times despite having 2 MPs at most. Nigel Farage who has never been an MP and is barely an MEP based on his contributions has been on 11 times.

Put another way, based on the 2015 post election parliament, UKIP has 0.2% of the parliament seats and 3.7% of the appearances. Data from here

So yes, Brexit is over represented based on the balance of parliament (interstingly, SNP is massively underrepresented)
Old 20-04-2017, 10:19   #1293
RizzyKing

Whilst I'm no fan of UKIP and am happy our exit from the EU should end them, while they may not have had parliamentary representatives their vote share was high for a fringe party which might have been the basis for their appearence on QT. That's if we only talk about QT and not all the other programmes the bbc hosted where there was a clear bias for remain to label the bbc as pro brexit is a really bad joke.

Old 20-04-2017, 10:41   #1294
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
You really do look a bit silly Andrew when you try and say the bbc favoured leave and your the only person I've heard say that as RR said the overall approach of the BBC was very much remain and not leave.
You mix in the wrong circles. Like yourself, Fox News tried to label the BBC as pro-Remain. Ofcom found against them as well as criticising Fox's biased coverage.
http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...verage/1406407
Old 20-04-2017, 10:46   #1295
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You mix in the wrong circles. Like yourself, Fox News tried to label the BBC as pro-Remain. Ofcom found against them as well as criticising Fox's biased coverage.
http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...verage/1406407
You seem to assume that because they weren't judged to be pro-remain during the referendum campaign, then they must have been pro-leave. This doesn't make sense.

During the campaign they were scrupulously impartial. However before it, and since (which were out of scope of ofcom's judgment) they are outrageously pro-remain, as any half decent media analysis shows. There are people keeping records of how many pro remain and pro Brexit contributors get invited onto BBC programmes to comment. If I have time later I will look one of them up.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:18   #1296
RizzyKing

The circle i mix in avoided much as it was possible all the media given the utter rubbish both campaigns were coming out with i did my own research and made my decision based on that as did nearly all my family and friends both remain and leave voters.

Old 20-04-2017, 11:49   #1297
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
The circle i mix in avoided much as it was possible all the media given the utter rubbish both campaigns were coming out withi did my own research and made my decision based on that as did nearly all my family and friends both remain and leave voters.
Yeah but you got the wrong sort of Google results mate, just like Ramrod...

I don't know... First of all it was all down to racism, bigotry and xenophobia. Then it was voters not actually knowing what leaving the EU meant. Then it was down to the BBC being pro-Brexit and the wrong sort of Google results.

Someone's clearly confused...

Last edited by Osem; 20-04-2017 at 12:29.
Old 20-04-2017, 12:51   #1298
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yeah but you got the wrong sort of Google results mate, just like Ramrod...

I don't know... First of all it was all down to racism, bigotry and xenophobia. Then it was voters not actually knowing what leaving the EU meant. Then it was down to the BBC being pro-Brexit and the wrong sort of Google results.

Someone's clearly confused...

not good for clueless racist xenophobic bbc watching googling bigots then
Old 20-04-2017, 14:15   #1299
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You seem to assume that because they weren't judged to be pro-remain during the referendum campaign, then they must have been pro-leave. This doesn't make sense.
I didn't say that, I quoted someone who said the BBC was pro-remain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
During the campaign they were scrupulously impartial. However before it, and since (which were out of scope of ofcom's judgment) they are outrageously pro-remain, as any half decent media analysis shows. There are people keeping records of how many pro remain and pro Brexit contributors get invited onto BBC programmes to comment. If I have time later I will look one of them up.
It may contradict the line peddled by some red tops and believed by many, but the BBC has acknowledged its pro-leave bias in the ways I described earlier. Half-decent media analysis can show anything; decent media analysis shows their pro-Brexit bias. If I have time at the weekend I will supply more evidence.
Old 20-04-2017, 14:32   #1300
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

How would you describe his religious beliefs?

Oh dear Andrew; a lot of people on this thread aren't going to be happy that you asked me that (or that I answered for that matter )

Only God knows that. Sadly, much of the church teaches a social gospel these days, rather than the true Biblical Gospel of Salvation, which is only through an individual’s own belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins.

A fundamental Christian believes that the Bible is the divinely inspired and inerrant word of God and believes that all Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled. They would look at the EU from a Biblical perspective, given that they understand that there is real spiritual battle going on( Ephesians 6:12). That will eventually end up with a world government, run by the Antichrist and his sidekick, the false Prophet (Revelation 13:7) Christians are called on to be aware of the signs of the times. That the world is heading for globalisation is no secret, and no surprise to people aware of the Biblical end time prophetic narrative. Globalisation is the ideal preparation process for a coming world leader; eradication of national sovereignty, mass immigration which erodes each country’s cultural Identity. The EU is effectively enacting these things.

There are other indications that the people behind the EU are globalist in nature. The Tower of Babel was the seat of the first world government, and,more significantly, was a rebellion against God (Genesis 10 V8-12 & Genesis11 v1-9). The 1990s poster, used
by the Council of Europe, who run theEuropean Court of Human Rights, shows the rebuilding of the Tower of Babel. Just as bad, the stars in the poster are inverted; an often used satanic symbol. The modelling of the European parliament building isbased on Bruegel the Elder's painting of the tower of Babel.

The EU's identification with Babel indicates that the powers behind the EU are identifying with the final attempt at world government (they may, or not be, aware of that). Associating in this way with Babel is an affront to God as it speaks of rebellion against Him. The Bible warns us to ‘come out of Babylon’ (Revelation18). To me that means anything associated with it.

I find it impossible to understand how a fundamentalist Christian can support Britain being connected with the EU.

Old 20-04-2017, 16:22   #1301
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Oh dear Andrew; a lot of people on this thread aren't going to be happy that you asked me that (or that I answered for that matter )

Only God knows that. Sadly, much of the church teaches a social gospel these days, rather than the true Biblical Gospel of Salvation, which is only through an individual’s own belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins.

A fundamental Christian believes that the Bible is the divinely inspired and inerrant word of God and believes that all Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled. They would look at the EU from a Biblical perspective, given that they understand that there is real spiritual battle going on( Ephesians 6:12). That will eventually end up with a world government, run by the Antichrist and his sidekick, the false Prophet (Revelation 13:7) Christians are called on to be aware of the signs of the times. That the world is heading for globalisation is no secret, and no surprise to people aware of the Biblical end time prophetic narrative. Globalisation is the ideal preparation process for a coming world leader; eradication of national sovereignty, mass immigration which erodes each country’s cultural Identity. The EU is effectively enacting these things.

There are other indications that the people behind the EU are globalist in nature. The Tower of Babel was the seat of the first world government, and,more significantly, was a rebellion against God (Genesis 10 V8-12 & Genesis11 v1-9). The 1990s poster, used
by the Council of Europe, who run theEuropean Court of Human Rights, shows the rebuilding of the Tower of Babel. Just as bad, the stars in the poster are inverted; an often used satanic symbol. The modelling of the European parliament building isbased on Bruegel the Elder's painting of the tower of Babel.

The EU's identification with Babel indicates that the powers behind the EU are identifying with the final attempt at world government (they may, or not be, aware of that). Associating in this way with Babel is an affront to God as it speaks of rebellion against Him. The Bible warns us to ‘come out of Babylon’ (Revelation18). To me that means anything associated with it.

I find it impossible to understand how a fundamentalist Christian can support Britain being connected with the EU.

Oh dear PB, as Christopher Hitchens would say It does not follow. There is no evidence that the EU is modelled on the Tower of Babel and that the flag has Satanic origins. To seriously suggest this takes the whole debate in a very strange direction.

BTW, didn't Andrew ask you to describe Farron's religious beliefs and not yours?
Old 20-04-2017, 16:35   #1302
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sorry and thanks for taking the time out to explain your answer.
Old 20-04-2017, 17:16   #1303
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post

BTW, didn't Andrew ask you to describe Farron's religious beliefs and not yours?

The discussion stared from this post by papa

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1280

Quote:
Comedian David Baddiel said that people who claimed Tim Farron is talking the most sense had to face up to the fact that “he’s a fundamentalist Christian homophobe”.

I explained a fundamentalist Christian perspective, in response to Andrew's question, to explain, how in my view, Tim Farron could not be a fundamentalist Christian.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
as Christopher Hitchens would say

His first few words: "I don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in miracles I don't believe in prayer..."

From now on, he will be my go-to man on biblical teaching
Old 20-04-2017, 17:17   #1304
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

As a follow up, Tim Farron is now stating that being gay is not a sin. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7692091.html
Old 20-04-2017, 17:18   #1305
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The discussion stared from this post by papa

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1280

[/B]

I explained a fundamentalist Christian perspective, in response to Andrew's question, to explain, how in my view, Tim Farron could not be a fundamentalist Christian.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

His first few words: "I don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in miracles I don't believe in prayer..."

From now on, he will be my go-to man on biblical teaching
i don't believe you