Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 13:13   #1126
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
Democracy must be really annoying for the wealthy, whats the point of being rich and not being able to tell the peasants what to do eh?
Aaron Banks is quite enjoying democracy. And I wouldn't call the current millionaire-encrusted UK government peasants.
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2017, 13:17   #1127
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Rather liked this in my redtop today:

Link to commentary

Note the knife block.

Attachment 26928

he should change his name to maneltraitor the backstabbing leach
Old 10-04-2017, 14:12   #1128
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
See the standard of name calling and personal insults has degenerated. Predictable as ever CF!

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...-policy-agenda

This is my main fear for Brexit. Govt. Departments are so fixated on it there's no time for anything else. And for what? A massive bill from the EU ! We might get our sovereignty ( we never actually lost it!) but end up with a collapsed NHS and increased poverty as such issues are 'put aside' for years. Personally I'd rather have the Health Service, a properly funded education system and my kids with prospects of housing in the future than be waving my Union Jack.
Indeed and it's increasing costs and reducing efficiency. According to today's FT, "hundreds of government contracts with the private sector that were due to expire are to be automatically extended because civil servants are too busy with Brexit to focus on new and better-value tenders."
Quote:
“You can go through department by department and they all have huge, expiring contracts,” the adviser said. “Brexit has pushed them down the list of priorities so there are lots of extensions and re-extensions of existing deals.”
He added that this was the only way civil servants could prioritise the huge increase in Brexit-related work since the referendum. Many departments have had to second staff onto Brexit duties, while austerity measures since the financial crisis have also taken their toll: according to a recent National Audit Office report, in the past decade the number of civil servants has been cut by 26 per cent.
https://www.ft.com/content/fa80d526-...6-12672483791a or google "UK outsourcing deals extended because of Brexit workload"
Old 10-04-2017, 14:32   #1129
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

'They’re FAILURES!' Tory MP DESTROYS Remoaners in furious anti-Mandelson rant

SIR Bill Cash tore into arch Remainers who are campaigning to keep Britain inside the European Union during a furious pro-Brexit rant
The prominent Brexiteer described the likes of Tony Blair and Peter Mandelson as “political failures”, urging Britons not to listen to their pro-European ramblings.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...ro-Brexit-rant

interesting take on things

Banning unskilled migrants 'will NOT damage economy' as unemployed Britons 'can fill jobs'
just click the link no googling required

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/790...rits-fill-jobs

Last edited by papa smurf; 10-04-2017 at 14:37.
Old 10-04-2017, 15:27   #1130
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Banning unskilled migrants 'will NOT damage economy' as unemployed Britons 'can fill jobs'
Really? the jobs unskilled migrants are doing many Brits can't be a**sed to do e.g cleaners, the care industry, and harvesting crops. I'm afraid many non-working Brits are more interested in what benefits they can claim, sad, but true. Plus we're an ageing population, we need young energetic people, and we can't source enough of them in this country.

Quote:
Britain's farming industry is facing a major crisis in the wake of Brexit. Britain's farms face a major labour shortage in the wake of Brexit, according to the country's biggest farming union.

A survey by the National Union of Farmers (NFU) and seen by the Financial Times found that half the companies providing UK farm labour were unable to fulfill the horticultural sector's demands for workers between July and September.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit...edium=referral
Old 10-04-2017, 15:37   #1131
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Really? the jobs unskilled migrants are doing many Brits can't be a**sed to do e.g cleaners, the care industry, and harvesting crops. I'm afraid many non-working Brits are more interested in what benefits they can claim, sad, but true. Plus we're an ageing population, we need young energetic people, and we can't source enough of them in this country.

its folks like you that have condemned an entire generation to life on the dole ,you would rather give jobs to foreigners because you have given up on your own countrymen/women ,you should hang your head in shame .
Old 10-04-2017, 15:51   #1132
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Just to correct you on something. Working in the Healthcare industry does require skills, it's not a job anybody can just walk in to and do or take up and it does require certain qualifications.

Unskilled migrants where I live don't work, I have at least three households in close proximity to my house with migrants and I know for sure they don't work, one of the houses has about 20 migrants living in it.

It's all well and good keep saying let them in, where are we suppose to house all these extra migrants?

I know, let's have a few stay with you Mr K.

With a chronic housing shortage, I think you forget, we are a small Island with limited resources for the current population already living here. School places, hospitals, we cannot just keep letting in infinite numbers in Mr K and then there is issues of Integration, just look at Sweden, big problems there and yes it has just had a Terrorist attack by a failed asylum seeker.

Benefit scrounging Britain's who are capable of working, but won't is a different topic.
Old 10-04-2017, 15:51   #1133
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Indeed and it's increasing costs and reducing efficiency. According to today's FT, "hundreds of government contracts with the private sector that were due to expire are to be automatically extended because civil servants are too busy with Brexit to focus on new and better-value tenders."

https://www.ft.com/content/fa80d526-...6-12672483791a or google "UK outsourcing deals extended because of Brexit workload"

That's it! Lets cancel Brexit! Causing way too much disruption. Why were we being so stupid in voting for Brexit!

Who cares that we are being sucked into a Federal states of Europe, who will decide our immigration policy, our taxes, and an increasing number of our laws. The intelligent people have already told us that we've been deceived, and we still really do have Sovereignty. Short term gain is so much more important.

The FT is a supporter of Independent Nation states, and not a paper with a globalist agenda that hates Brexit. I really must remember that.

Thanks Andrew, you have shown me the error of my thinking
Old 10-04-2017, 17:29   #1134
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You almost caused me to spill my coffee until I realised you were joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Just to correct you on something. Working in the Healthcare industry does require skills, it's not a job anybody can just walk in to and do or take up and it does require certain qualifications.

Unskilled migrants where I live don't work, I have at least three households in close proximity to my house with migrants and I know for sure they don't work, one of the houses has about 20 migrants living in it.

It's all well and good keep saying let them in, where are we suppose to house all these extra migrants?

I know, let's have a few stay with you Mr K.

With a chronic housing shortage, I think you forget, we are a small Island with limited resources for the current population already living here. School places, hospitals, we cannot just keep letting in infinite numbers in Mr K and then there is issues of Integration, just look at Sweden, big problems there and yes it has just had a Terrorist attack by a failed asylum seeker.

Benefit scrounging Britain's who are capable of working, but won't is a different topic.
Migrants who can't support themselves can and should be sent back home. If the British authorities won't do it then they're negligent. The legislation exists.
Infrastructure can be built. There's not a finite number of schools and hospitals that any one country can have.
Sweden was going to deport the bomber so I can't see that its immigration policy was at fault. What seems to have been at fault is the speed in expelling him.
Old 10-04-2017, 18:26   #1135
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1;35894003. [COLOR="Silver"

Migrants who can't support themselves can and should be sent back home. If the British authorities won't do it then they're negligent. The legislation exists.
Infrastructure can be built. There's not a finite number of schools and hospitals that any one country can have.
[/COLOR]
OK I'm up for this.

So at present we have a shortage of Doctors, Nurses and schoolteachers but we can carry on building them even though we haven't got the staff to fill the vacancies we presently have.

Good move Andrew.

Oh I forgot we can rape third world countries of their Doctors and Nurses.
Old 10-04-2017, 18:44   #1136
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
OK I'm up for this.

So at present we have a shortage of Doctors, Nurses and schoolteachers but we can carry on building them even though we haven't got the staff to fill the vacancies we presently have.

Good move Andrew.

Oh I forgot we can rape third world countries of their Doctors and Nurses.
We all need to have a more can-do attitude. Theresa May said that's what the country needs post-Brexit and I agree with her on this.

Where I disagree is with short-term savings like ceasing to fund nurses' university courses. These should be funded by the state, as should teachers' university courses. Not that degrees are the be-all and end-all of training but they seem to be necessary for these roles at the moment.
Old 10-04-2017, 19:31   #1137
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
That's it! Lets cancel Brexit! Causing way too much disruption. Why were we being so stupid in voting for Brexit!

Who cares that we are being sucked into a Federal states of Europe, who will decide our immigration policy, our taxes, and an increasing number of our laws. The intelligent people have already told us that we've been deceived, and we still really do have Sovereignty. Short term gain is so much more important.

The FT is a supporter of Independent Nation states, and not a paper with a globalist agenda that hates Brexit.
I really must remember that.

Now that is fake news for you...
Old 10-04-2017, 19:35   #1138
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

What's wrong with the FT's reporting on the issue of the automatic extension of government contracts?
Old 10-04-2017, 19:45   #1139
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
We all need to have a more can-do attitude. Theresa May said that's what the country needs post-Brexit and I agree with her on this.

Where I disagree is with short-term savings like ceasing to fund nurses' university courses. These should be funded by the state, as should teachers' university courses. Not that degrees are the be-all and end-all of training but they seem to be necessary for these roles at the moment.
It looks as though ther Government has taken a step backwards to the way things used to be for training nurses.

Link

It will in the majority of cases still mean 4yrs to train a nurse though.
Old 10-04-2017, 20:27   #1140
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What's wrong with the FT's reporting on the issue of the automatic extension of government contracts?

Nothing in many respects... but point me to a number of pro Brexit stories in the FT.

I know you're not naïve enough to miss the point I was making. The FT has an agenda, and focuses on stories that try to push the remain agenda and weaken support for Brexit; The Express does the same from the other side. Balanced media reporting is a thing of the past.

Because of the time and resources needed for Brexit, some other policies my not get the attention they deserve; That should not surprise anyone with any sense.

But Brexit is so important, that for a limited time, that is a very small price, in comparison, to pay.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Now that is fake news for you...

I secretly work for CNN.... keep that quiet though; I don't think my covers been blown yet
Closed Thread