Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 15:34   #2176
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't think VM is allowed to increase its non-direct debit fee as companies were found to be over-charging for this and regulations were introduced in 2012. http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...-fees-45p.html
Interesting as id mobile stung me for £3.50 last month as dd never went through (banks fault not mine) cheers for that Andrew.
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2017, 16:46   #2177
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
My view is that OB is right in believing that streaming will become the norm but compensates for his wisdom here in his Brexit nonsense. He doubtless thinks the same about me.
The evidence for the argument that streaming and OTT services will become the norm is out there and will soon become overwhelming. It will be interesting to see how long the diehards on this forum hold out with their belief that nothing will change.

As for Brexit, I respect the views of the remainers with all the concerns that they have, but I and many others like me can see how exiting can be made to work in favour of the UK.

It has certainly been enlightning to discover how long people do hold on to their views about things even when mounting evidence proves them wrong, and the streaming debate is a case in point. That pivotal moment for remainers in the Brexit debate will not arrive until we have much more detail on the negotiations which clearly show the implications.
Old 12-08-2017, 17:02   #2178
Kev Greenhalgh
Inactive

Services: Freesat, V+HD
Kev Greenhalgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I think that is Mad Max's point - minority sports -Yanks like to invent sports only they really play, then call their national championships 'the World Championship/Series'

Minority sports with minority viewing figures - hardly a recipe for raking in the bucks
The World Series was named after the newspaper that sponsored it, not the world as in planet Earth.

And "minority" sports that garner some of the largest viewing figures outside of the US? Mmkay
Old 12-08-2017, 17:15   #2179
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I think that is Mad Max's point - minority sports -Yanks like to invent sports only they really play, then call their national championships 'the World Championship/Series'

Minority sports with minority viewing figures - hardly a recipe for raking in the bucks
Unlike Premiership football, which presumably is why Amazon and others are looking at making bids next time around.
Old 12-08-2017, 17:37   #2180
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
My view is that OB is right in believing that streaming will become the norm but compensates for his wisdom here in his Brexit nonsense. He doubtless thinks the same about me.
Look its all about opinions and there are plenty on this forum with opinions including that uneducated numbskull called den.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Unlike Premiership football, which presumably is why Amazon and others are looking at making bids next time around.
Looking but that is as far as it will go.
Old 13-08-2017, 01:58   #2181
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Look its all about opinions and there are plenty on this forum with opinions including that uneducated numbskull called den.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Looking but that is as far as it will go.
But you have no basis for that belief, Den. I have been posting links to evidence that this is happening, but where are yours to contradict me?

I can understand a response that you'll 'believe it when you see it', but to reject the prospect with nothing to support the view is not really very convincing.
Old 13-08-2017, 02:21   #2182
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d

i'm finally home
Old 13-08-2017, 13:00   #2183
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba3d View Post
i'm finally home
Still pants compared to some.
Attached Images
File Type: png ookla_centurylink_01262015.png (340.4 KB, 53 views)
Old 13-08-2017, 18:00   #2184
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Perhaps we should all move to America?

Old 13-08-2017, 18:29   #2185
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Perhaps we should all move to America?
That's a vpn mate lol.
Old 13-08-2017, 19:06   #2186
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Why would any normal household need that bandwidth? And at what cost?
Old 13-08-2017, 19:16   #2187
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Why would any normal household need that bandwidth? And at what cost?
Hyperoptic do it in uk 1gbs down 1gbs up i think it costs £40p/m includes line rental.
For me personally my 38mbs package works perfectly for my needs, the pic i posted was meant to be a tongue in cheek picture.
Old 13-08-2017, 21:54   #2188
jj20x

Quote:
That's a vpn mate lol.
I guessed as much.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Quote:
Hyperoptic do it in uk 1gbs down 1gbs up i think it costs £40p/m includes line rental.
Not quite, it is discounted at £48/month for the first year, then £63/month. Ouch!

Old 13-08-2017, 22:03   #2189
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I guessed as much.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Not quite, it is discounted at £48/month for the first year, then £63/month. Ouch!
1Gb/s is available in parts of London for £50pm including line rental. I should have had the option of it two years ago but the company is rolling it out at a snail's pace!
http://www.communityfibre.co.uk/#
Old 13-08-2017, 22:33   #2190
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Turns out that it was the parent company (Liberty Global) that put the block on Amazon being added to VM STB's.

Also, Disney is to take their content off Netflix and set up their own streaming service.

Info. courtesy of Old Boy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-growth-cools/
Closed Thread