Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Staff Accounts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

wrong tivo

Old 29-04-2012, 01:28   #1
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold
wrong tivo

hi
hope this is the right place to post for my problem

got the vip collection which inludes a 1T tivo
with instillation all gone good, how ever after the installer gone when i tried to personalise the tivo i find out that they gave me the 500gb and not the 1t

i rang them the same day and they told me i need to wait 48 hours to upgrade their system and the lady over the phone (same day) told me will ring me back after few days

the few days gone and no one rang me so i was over the phone waiting more than an hour to tell me is nothing they can do because the installer manager coming back on tuesday

i ask them instead to wait untill the manger is back and untill (if they will make a day to come an engineer to replace it with the 1t) to give me 5 pounds discount each month and keep the 500 gb

they told me that 500 gb or 1t is the same price with the VIP collection so i better wait to get the 1t (which after 2 attemps and long wait over the phone seems they dont know what happened to the original 1T tivo)

but the reason i am posting is because the billing team can not be correct

when i sing up if i remember correct for 1T was about 5 pounds on top of the package and before i got the vip collection at upgrade web page was offering to upgrade to 1T from 11 pounds a month

Has any one any idea about it because seems the billing team must got wrong info

thanks
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2012, 02:21   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: wrong tivo

call retentions/thinking of leaving first thing monday morning
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 14:23   #3
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

I've thought from the start that the Tivo box should have a clear marking on it to say the size it is. You can see many arguments ahead because of this. Two different models looking exactly the same. Asking for problems.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 14:46   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepomone View Post
I've thought from the start that the Tivo box should have a clear marking on it to say the size it is.
Apart from some early 1TB ones, there is a label on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image0071.jpg (15.2 KB, 32 views)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 16:44   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

The new 1tbs say it on the front
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 21:04   #6
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys
at the back saying is 500gb and my account it suppose to have 1T
it also say recordings up to 250 hrs in the system info

i have called 2 times to change it
they can NOT just simply send an engineer to replace it ...they need to speak to the engineer team manager (to find out what the original 1T what happened to it)so was on hold over the phone for more than 1 hour to sort it and still nothing

will call retentions in the morning as mentioned first post because is not my fault where is gone the original 1T
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 21:16   #7
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
The new 1tbs say it on the front
That is a real step forward. For what it would cost they should both carry idents on the front of the size of the drive.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote