Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 11-03-2013, 22:07   #3451
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Since just under a fortnight, we've been consistently suffering during peak times here. This is yesterday's graph.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2013, 01:37   #3452
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

big Minimum Latency jump

Old 12-03-2013, 01:58   #3453
blue166
Inactive

blue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enoughblue166 will become famous soon enough

Defo a Virgin Media issue as I currently have 13 hops to bbc.co.uk where I usually only have 10. Routing issues.
blue166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:00   #3454
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

The latency jump also evident here (not to mention the small matter of yet ANOTHER outage).

EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:28   #3455
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Yep somebody flicked a switch at midnight.
Even effected the default gateways before the users connection...
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:28   #3456
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Since just under a fortnight, we've been consistently suffering during peak times here. This is yesterday's graph.

Yep thats bad alright, my guess is your downstream is mullered, have you rang VM when it's bad and asked them to check downstream/upstream utilisation ?
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 13:39   #3457
Melonfish
Inactive

Melonfish is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea how to read this?
Melonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 14:11   #3458
trikz
cf.member

trikz is on a distinguished roadtrikz is on a distinguished road

I am happy, this kinda unofficially fixed my high latency issues

Actually it seems like they put me on a different node perhaps? I was on channel 73 to 80 before

and now 217 to 224. Upstream ID changed from 49 to 50.
trikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 18:29   #3459
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
I have no idea how to read this?
Broadband Quality Monitor FAQ
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/bqm.html
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 12:11   #3460
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

So this morning they added another upstream to my area and then turned on channel bonding.

The result can be seen on the far right of the monitor

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:32   #3461
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Should help the gaming Sirius
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:43   #3462
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Should help the gaming Sirius
Will find out tonight on BF3

Old 16-03-2013, 03:35   #3463
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Still looks pretty rough though
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 06:44   #3464
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Still looks pretty rough though
Yep been told the LA needs replacing and that will be done next week.

but it does seem to have settled a bit since 6.00 last night and i wonder if the red was them replacing it early. I will ask on Monday.

Old 16-03-2013, 11:36   #3465
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Will find out tonight on BF3
Should be suitably impressed! Latency dropped even lower on my Sky connection yesterday and now get ping of 10 or 11 in-game, just a single digit jitter at most

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Can live with the pingtest site result of 6ms with 1 jitter though
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote