Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin in 4 rooms and pc in one room

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Virgin in 4 rooms and pc in one room

Old 17-01-2014, 22:50   #1
stuartm
Inactive

stuartm is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin in 4 rooms and pc in one room

Hi new to this forum so bear with me !
I have a massive problem where I have had loft conversion done by a builder who has now left me in the mire and now there is no contact possible.
The plan was to put my TIVO box upstairs in a cupboard and all the wiring go from each room back to that cupboard , this has been done I think with co ax, however they are just blank cables what is the best way to connect them and will need a pc in one of the downstairs rooms .
not sure if its a splitter required or a fancy box of tricks ?? I am clueless .
I do understand the TVs will all show the same channel , but he did say a device could be put in the rear of the TVs to operate my remote control ? think he said a magic something ??
I am able to make up the ends of the coax - so that's something !!

hope somebody can advise at my novice level .

cheers Stuart
stuartm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2014, 23:16   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: Virgin in 4 rooms and pc in one room

I for one do not understand what you are trying to achieve

TV in 4 rooms and what with the PC? you need HDMI for the tivo for tv

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

welcome to the forum
Old 17-01-2014, 23:32   #3
stuartm
Inactive

stuartm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , trying to view TV in all 4 rooms from one TiVo box , only got co ax cable run to rooms no hdmi cables , is there a way to connect it all ?
also I have a PC to install in one of the rooms downstairs which will need to be linked to this cabling I assume ???

cheers Stuart
stuartm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 23:35   #4
tizmeinnit

did you not have internet installed for your PC. I might be wrong but I think the answer is no to your tv question I am afraid
Old 18-01-2014, 17:41   #5
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

You could have a box in all rooms on the end of the coax, or you could get a scart to coax converter with some kind of picture splitter i guess...

The tivo box only has 1 hdmi and 1 scart on the back
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 11:20   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Your setup is rubbish. You will get a poor SD picture at best in all the rooms.

Best thing would be to use the coax as a drawstring and try and run some HDMI if less than 8 meters or Ethernet if longer
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 11:27   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I wouldn't worry. The OP hasn't been here for nearly 4 years
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote