Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Binge watch TV, what are you binging on ATM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Binge watch TV, what are you binging on ATM.

Old 16-02-2017, 19:08   #61
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Binge watch TV, what are you binging on ATM.

Quantico S1.

Good show. It's not perfect. Someone involved in the production obviously likes montages as there seems to be at least one in every episode, which is annoying. There are also various plot points that just seem to appear just when the plot needs them to. It does generally avoid the character suddenly becoming an expert in a subject when they need to (think Chloe in 24), although the pretty blonde cheerleader type suddenly becomes a l33t hax0r (hacker) in one of the episodes, despite showing no interest in technology before.

Good series, with some flaws, and the main actress (Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra) is a good actress.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2017, 20:40   #62
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Tunnel: Sabotage.

Gave it a miss because of the hectic scheduling issues they had, given that it involved a lot of terror attacks on France in the midst of actual terror attacks in France. Definitely as a good as the first season. It's non procedural so only focuses on one story arc over 8 episodes, 5 down and 3 to go.
Old 08-03-2017, 17:35   #63
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Available on UK Netflix

Great cast, bit mortified by Travolta's appearance but still. The most incredible not guilty verdict I've seen.
Old 14-06-2017, 01:42   #64
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just finished watching The Magicians, Seasons 1 & 2 (26 Eps over 3 weeks).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 06:10   #65
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

What are your thoughts on it?.
Old 14-06-2017, 13:47   #66
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I actually quite enjoyed it.

I was a bit wary of it to start with, wondering if it would be another teen show.
It turned out not to be, and I soon got into it and found myself wanting to keep going, its really quite dark in places.

Now looking forward to Season 3 (Next year).

Old 14-06-2017, 17:32   #67
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I tried about 5 episodes of the magicians and didn't continue. I didn't dislike it though so there's a possibility of revisiting it.

Currently watching Agents of Shield. Why I dismissed this and never gave it a go past the first episode is beyond me. Just finished Season 2. There's some ridiculous clichés persistent throughout but it is derived from a comic source I guess and doesn't take away from the enjoyment.
Old 15-06-2017, 18:41   #68
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The Prisoner (original 1967 series filmed in the lovely Welsh village of Portmeirion), just been repeated on True Entertainment. Seen the odd episode before, but finally got round to watching all 17 episodes in the hope it would make sense. It didn't of course, but it was great none the less. If anyone can explain the last episode to me I'd be more than grateful (!), think the writers must have been using much 60's herbal medication !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 15:04   #69
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Not exactly binged, as I tend to get bored with most TV shows if I watch more than two or three episodes in one sitting, but I've just finished watching season 3 of Gotham. Excellent ending to an excellent season. I have to admit, I did lose interest during season 2, but stuck with it, and they've improved the series no end.

Spoiler: 
I loved the final scene, that showed two adults, walking along a dark alleyway with their young son, when they are mugged. Before anything can happen, the mugger is attacked by a shadowy figure. In the next shot, that shadowy figure pulls his hood off, to reveal Bruce Wayne. While I do love the scene, it feels as though they were trying to wrap the show up just in case it didn't get renewed.

I know it's been shown, but I've included spoiler tags as the scene I talked about was such a nice surprise, I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen the episode.

Last edited by Paul M; 16-06-2017 at 18:42. Reason: Fixed the spoiler tag
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 18:43   #70
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Gotham was certainly much better in Season 3.

I'm currently watching Season 3 of 12 Monkeys, which was released all in one go.