Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 06-10-2016, 08:16   #3526
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Sorry to hear about that Grim as l do hope you get all your money back from this.

My moan compared to that is much smaller but l just could not get to sleep last night as my back played up all night so in the end l sat on the settee and put a blanket over me for the rest of the night.
Old 07-10-2016, 15:56   #3527
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Road tax time and this year there's no change out of 500 sheets. Ouch!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 17:10   #3528
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Good grief that is pretty pricey.
Old 09-10-2016, 15:49   #3529
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Gutted but not in the I expected to be

I was prepared for surgery had the hospital gown on, anesthetist came and spoke to me, then the surgeon said he could not do the op because he said I was a week day patient and he did state that I would need to be done during the week because of the risk to my bowel as I have Crohns and he has checked to see if any beds were available as it is unlikely that he will be able to carry out the operation via key hole but he would try although he reckons it would be unlikely due to the risks etc. My son has sent off a email to the hospital stating that since my operation was cancelled on a non-clinical reason and the reason being clerical error and no beds available what time frame is the operation expected to be carried out. He has said to me it should be within 28 days but he is keeping that quiet atm until he checks that this is the case but he is sure they have to offer me a date within 28 days for a non-clinical reason. I must say the surgeon and nursing staff were great and showed myself great empathy.
Old 09-10-2016, 16:04   #3530
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Similar happened to me when I went in for defibrillator fitting, gown on going into room for premed when surgeon pulled me up.
Sorry but I only do pacemakers, defib need setting up which I'm not familiar with.
Sent home for a couple of days then had the procedure!
Getting tense prior to procedure then extended wait I was getting ready to blow a fuse.
Hoping when they sort you out weenie all is o'k.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 16:12   #3531
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sorry to hear this weenie as l hope you have your op sooner rather then later as l know exactly what you are going through.
Old 09-10-2016, 16:24   #3532
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Just got off the phone with my bank - some little so and so has used one of my debit cards online and £850 of the £1225 went through before the computer said no. They're going to try and reverse the transactions but if they can't I'll have no end of forms to fill in.

Don't know how it happened as it's an account that was set up to deal with my mother's estate - been no transactions since January and looking through the statements the card has NEVER been used outside of the branch - everything was cheque, direct debit or online banking.

Cheers

Grim
That sucks! Sorry 'bout that
I once had a card cloned and used. The funny thing was that I knew exactly where it happened as I only used it once and that was at a Shell on the A12
Old 09-10-2016, 17:08   #3533
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
That sucks! Sorry 'bout that
I once had a card cloned and used. The funny thing was that I knew exactly where it happened as I only used it once and that was at a Shell on the A12
I make it a policy never to use my cards in petrol stations, convenience stores, takeways etc. I believe those types of places tend to be where most of the problems with skimming occur.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 18:17   #3534
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I make it a policy never to use my cards in petrol stations, convenience stores, takeways etc. I believe those types of places tend to be where most of the problems with skimming occur.
The other thing is Osem is do these so called security responsible companies protect our data enough whether its online or not?.
Old 10-10-2016, 15:41   #3535
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Our worktop mini-oven and grill looks like the top elements are on the way out, they're all twisted and out of line and seem to be getting fatter. It hasn't blown yet so I'm searching to see if I can get some spares. Unfortunately it's a Lidl's special and so far the nearest elements I can source are for a Panasonic microwave / grill but these are the quartz glass type as opposed to the metal tube type. They'll do at a pinch even though they're slightly lower power. 600w vs 650w for the pair.

It's handy to have a small oven/grill to save putting on the big one just for a pie or pasty and it takes about 1/2 the power.
Old 10-10-2016, 16:43   #3536
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

By the sound of it, your Lidl special is identical to my daughters.
Her grill elements have gone, she was using it whilst awaiting an oven repair on her main oven under guarantee.
[If you manage to source a replacement can you give me a shout please]
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 17:34   #3537
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Gutted but not in the I expected to be

I was prepared for surgery had the hospital gown on, anesthetist came and spoke to me, then the surgeon said he could not do the op because he said I was a week day patient and he did state that I would need to be done during the week because of the risk to my bowel as I have Crohns and he has checked to see if any beds were available as it is unlikely that he will be able to carry out the operation via key hole but he would try although he reckons it would be unlikely due to the risks etc. My son has sent off a email to the hospital stating that since my operation was cancelled on a non-clinical reason and the reason being clerical error and no beds available what time frame is the operation expected to be carried out. He has said to me it should be within 28 days but he is keeping that quiet atm until he checks that this is the case but he is sure they have to offer me a date within 28 days for a non-clinical reason. I must say the surgeon and nursing staff were great and showed myself great empathy.
So sorry to hear this weenie. A very unfortunate mixup indeed! I was told that sometimes they start with the aim of doing keyhole surgery but then may find they need to open the patient up properly if there are complications and that's exactly what happened to a neighbour of mine earlier this year. It seems poor communication was the reason in your case and that's very disappointing indeed because you should never have been considered for day surgery. As you say, it's not only the ordeal you've been put through but the waste of a slot which someone else could have benefited from. We all know the NHS is under a lot of pressure but what excuse is there for a basic error such as this? Grrr...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 18:04   #3538
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Oh Osem I was so upset but tried to remain calm as it was not their fault the surgeon actually said to me thank you for being so understanding while all the time I was crumbling inside.

It is looking like it will be open surgery in where I will need to stay for 3 day's which I totally accept. I've had a call from his secretary today and basically she said that they a trying to arrange a bed and set up a list and hopefully it will be this month so at least that's good there trying to fit me in this month. If I knew it would this soon I would have kept the chocolates that I gave the day unit yesterday The wee one said Mum why did you give them the chocolates and I said they were bought for them not you, I think he was more bothered that I did not bring the tin of Roses home than he was about me not getting the operation LOL
Old 10-10-2016, 18:13   #3539
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
By the sound of it, your Lidl special is identical to my daughters.
Her grill elements have gone, she was using it whilst awaiting an oven repair on her main oven under guarantee.
[If you manage to source a replacement can you give me a shout please]
It's under the "Bifinett" brand but the later one that they do under "Silvercrest" seems to have the same elements. I'll let you know if I can find something.
Old 13-10-2016, 16:19   #3540
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Other good things would be to isolate off your main bank balance from the card you use. A credit card being the easiest option because it also offers better protection from fraud but alternatively two debit cards or moving your salary into a savings/other account from the account you spend on. I tend never to have significant savings/funds in an account with a debit card.

Some cards/banks also have integrated app notifications so you're instantly notification of transactions.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote