Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

Old 15-12-2011, 08:48   #16
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Does iPhone 4S work on Virgin Mobile UK?

I think virgin have updated there system for iPhones as wen I first or my iPhone I me er had a message to download the system settings but recently I have had the option to install these settings :-)
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2011, 20:03   #17
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

I went into the VirginMedia shop today to buy a new phone for my other half and the guy said they would be supplying micro SIMs from February.

So who knows.... they might be offering iPhones soon after?
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 20:07   #18
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
I went into the VirginMedia shop today to buy a new phone for my other half and the guy said they would be supplying micro SIMs from February.

So who knows.... they might be offering iPhones soon after?
Or it could be there Sim supplier is moving to dual Sim micro Sim if that's possible. ???

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 20:47   #19
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

About time I'm getting fed up of virgin keep loosing signal omt 4s an having to go into settings an search for a carrier every single time!
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20   #20
mullerman
cf.member

Services: Virgin 50mb,tv,phone
mullerman is on a distinguished roadmullerman is on a distinguished road

can anyone confirm virgin will be supplying micro sims for the iphone 4.i have cut down 2 now and both wont work whereas my cut down o2 card works perfectly but a lot more expensively!!will have to move to tesco sim if virgin wont do a micro sim
mullerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 11:10   #21
sheffie
Inactive

sheffie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also heard that microsims coming in Feb 2012.
My phone has worked with a cut down sim with no real problems, and the settings just seemed to be there and worked from the off, even with my old large chip on the sim, such that I had to cut the metal part of the sim.

I have an issue though now with the virgin/orange network coverage. When on the virgin network I can collect cellular data etc with no problem, but if I move to orange 3G I get an error message saying I am not subscribe to a cellular data network, and so I cannot collect email or connect to the internet. I have been told by virgin that the APN settings are the same for both networks, but they have not been able to help sort this at present. Apple say this is a network provider issue, in that clearly when on orange some of the settings must be incorrect. On Virgin you do not have access to the APN settings page as you do with some network providers so I cannot see these settings.

Any thoughts?
sheffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 11:33   #22
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheffie View Post
I have also heard that microsims coming in Feb 2012.
My phone has worked with a cut down sim with no real problems, and the settings just seemed to be there and worked from the off, even with my old large chip on the sim, such that I had to cut the metal part of the sim.

I have an issue though now with the virgin/orange network coverage. When on the virgin network I can collect cellular data etc with no problem, but if I move to orange 3G I get an error message saying I am not subscribe to a cellular data network, and so I cannot collect email or connect to the internet. I have been told by virgin that the APN settings are the same for both networks, but they have not been able to help sort this at present. Apple say this is a network provider issue, in that clearly when on orange some of the settings must be incorrect. On Virgin you do not have access to the APN settings page as you do with some network providers so I cannot see these settings.

Any thoughts?
There is a way to get at the apn settings while using s virgin sim but it's complicated.

Read HERE

I have an iphone 4 and used this method.

I get 3g on both tmobile and orange network.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 17:16   #23
chrispy2000
cf.addict

Services: Maxit,V6, BB 100Mb, Virgin Mobile
chrispy2000 is on a distinguished roadchrispy2000 is on a distinguished road

Surly that's for O2?
Does it work with Orange?
It's ok if you've got a sim for the other network.
chrispy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 17:31   #24
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

You use the sim from another *supported* network to make the phone bring up the apn settings which are hidden when you put a virgin sim in. (some virgin sims just pick up the mobile settings as needed but not all of them). I happened to have an o2 sim to hand to use when I was doing it - the only reason I used that was as I mentioned above to make the phopne bring up the APN setting menu.

You would not need to use the workaround for either orange OR t-mobile as they are officcialy supported.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 18:38   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

To get data on the Orange network you need to enable data roaming in the settings.
Old 29-01-2012, 19:30   #26
TheVisitors
Inactive

Services: Virgin Mobile Phone - Comcast TV / Internet
TheVisitors is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheVisitors Send a message via MSN to TheVisitors

I can confirm that an iPhone 4S will indeed work on Virgin Mobile (US) and upon my visit to The UK, I didn't find any problems running in on their towers. So I can't imagine it being to much of a problem.
TheVisitors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 19:30   #27
mullerman
cf.member

Services: Virgin 50mb,tv,phone
mullerman is on a distinguished roadmullerman is on a distinguished road

Phoned up today about a micro sim card for my Iphone,was told it will be April now before any are supplied.Sending me out another sim card to see if it works after i cut it down to micro size.Fingers crossed but not worked on the 2 previous attempts
mullerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 16:26   #28
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Will Virgin Mobile launch iPhone 4S?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 22:37   #29
Pykey08
Inactive

Pykey08 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new here I bought a 4s on eBay but its locked to 02 but I have a rolling virgin contract I wish to retain I have got a temp sim from 02 to get me going but I want to retain my mobile no please help me?
Pykey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 23:27   #30
Jameseh

Go to an o2 store and ask for an unlock code, a quick Google states that it should cost £15.