Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

Old 22-06-2011, 13:34   #1
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Exclamation Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

Just received a text about out of tariff charges and a price increase and I have to say Virgin are being plain greedy at the moment with their complete rip off price increases this year?

I mean, Calls to other virgin mobile phones is to rise in line with charges to call other Mobile phone networks. 40p per Min whether it's a Virgin Mobile phone or Mobile on another network.

Texts are also increasing from 3p to 15p for ALL texts regardless if the recipient has a Virgin Mobile.

Mobile Web Now 50p per day up from 30p. A 20p Increase!!!

Calls to 0800 numbers: 21p Per min.

http://www.virginmediapeople.com/changes/JV12/
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2011, 13:47   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Just received a text about out of tariff charges and a price increase and I have to say Virgin are being plain greedy at the moment with their complete rip off price increases this year?

I mean, Calls to other virgin mobile phones is to rise in line with charges to call other Mobile phone networks. 40p per Min whether it's a Virgin Mobile phone or Mobile on another network.

Texts are also increasing from 3p to 15p for ALL texts regardless if the recipient has a Virgin Mobile.

ASDA Mobile are now 10p per min calls and 6p txt voicemail 10p per min, perhaps that would be a cheaper option. ASDA Mobile use the Vodafone network.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 13:52   #3
iluvabargain2011
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Virgin Broadband. Basic Phone. Pap2 Voip Adapter Sipgate. VNMG300 Modem. Asus RT-NT16 Runni
iluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friendsiluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friendsiluvabargain2011 doesn't have many friends

I use GiffGaff myself, well pleased with what I get with it tbh.

I don`t have the "Goodybags" as i`m not a big talker/texter but if an event has happened where 1 month i`ve needed to use my mobile alot i`ve taken the £5 goodybag.

Check em out www.giffgaff.com (non affiliate link)

Forgot to add all the kids are on giffgaff so free to talka nd text each other and we`ve found it`s free to ring/text o2 aswell (must be the same network)
iluvabargain2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 14:43   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I think all tariffs come with so many free texts, calls and Virgin to Virgin calls that going over your allowance shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
Old 22-06-2011, 14:45   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think all tariffs come with so many free texts, calls and Virgin to Virgin calls that going over your allowance shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
Indeed, I've never managed to go over mine
Old 22-06-2011, 17:15   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I never go over mine either, would be nice if I could cancel the contract, fancy a new phone but this price increase wont affect me
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 17:40   #7
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well it is for me - Because I go over allowances for Any time minutes sometimes but I will bloody make sure I will keep within, with those ridiculous prices.

What happened to the loyalty to calling/texting other Virgin Mobile phones? - it's been completely removed.
Old 22-06-2011, 18:09   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well it is for me - Because I go over allowances for Any time minutes sometimes but I will bloody make sure I will keep within, with those ridiculous prices.

What happened to the loyalty to calling/texting other Virgin Mobile phones? - it's been completely removed.
maybe you need to switch to a higher tariff with more free minutes?

The free calls from virgin to virgin is still there as long as you are on the correct tariff for being an existing Virgin Media customer. Not sure if there was ever free texts to other VM phones though.

When you log on to your online acc it should tell you how much is remaining.
Old 22-06-2011, 18:40   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
No it hasn't. The price change, and webpage, is for Out of Allowance calls

Free Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile minutes for Media customers are counted as part of your Tariff
Old 22-06-2011, 22:57   #10
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Worse if you work abroad as allowances count for nothing.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 23:37   #11
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
Worse if you work abroad as allowances count for nothing.
If you work abroad your better on pay as you go, least all your topups go rowdies calls and not free mins u can't use
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 08:37   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Better yet get a pay as you go phone in that country.
Old 23-06-2011, 09:15   #13
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No it hasn't. The price change, and webpage, is for Out of Allowance calls

Free Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile minutes for Media customers are counted as part of your Tariff
I think you misunderstand me - the current pricing dictates that when I am out of my allowances - To call another Virgin Mobile phone it costs 21p and 36p to call a mobile on any other network - The price increase from 25th July, this now rises to 40p per minute for either calling Virgin mobile phones or mobiles on other networks - so whichever way you look at it - the loyalty pricing to calling other Virgin Mobile phones has or will be be removed from July 25th.
Old 23-06-2011, 09:39   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

There never was any loyalty for calling another VM phone, it was just cheaper. However they are now moving to a standard single level of pricing for all calls, which yes may be more costly per minute but if you don't go out with your free bundled minutes or texts then the new pricing will not have any affect on what you get charged for.

So if you go over quiet a lot it might be worth upgrading to the next tariff for more inclusive minutes and texts?
Old 23-06-2011, 10:06   #15
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

My current monthly tariff includes unlimited (3000 minutes) Virgin to Virgin mobile calls. If that's not sufficient for you, then you have a problem
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote