Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | IPhone on Virgin Mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

IPhone on Virgin Mobile

Old 28-05-2010, 21:59   #16
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IPhone on Virgin Mobile

what ever u do dont take a virgin mob contract they will mess u over big time am just 3 month into mine n it could be me hand set n they will replace it with a reconditioned handset with a 6 month warranty so my 18 month contract aint worth a monkeys
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2010, 22:56   #17
Fireplace
Inactive

Services: 20mb BB SACM, XL package - V+ & Pace 4000, Telephone.
Fireplace is on a distinguished roadFireplace is on a distinguished road

Anybody have any experience with the new iPhone4 yet, I'm reading that they take a Micro-Sim and seen all sorts of YouTube content about trimming your existing Sim card down - anyone successfully used an iPhone4 on Virgin?

Thanks in advance.
Fireplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 11:32   #18
peterjcat
Inactive

peterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enoughpeterjcat will become famous soon enough

I've cut down a Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM for the iPhone 4, just to test the network and stuff. It's pretty good, unlike T-Mobile (whose network it uses) download speeds aren't capped. Am quite tempted by the £15/mo option with 1GB Internet but am waiting to see if T-Mobile does any better when they finally (re-)release their plans.
peterjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 14:20   #19
Fireplace
Inactive

Brilliant, thanks for the response.

Colin
Old 27-07-2010, 20:09   #20
geepeegee
Inactive

geepeegee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
Before I switched to my HTC Desire I had an iPhone on virgin and it worked perfectly.
I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought an unlocked Iphone 3GS and tried to use it with my Virgin SIM - even though I get a Virgin 3G icon and I can send and receive text and calls I cannot connect to the internet.

I have spoken to VirginMobile Customer Service and visited two of their shops (which were to be honest more aimed at Cable customers) but none of them were very helpful. However they did give me the MMS settings but I dont know where in the Iphone to put them!

Did you have to alter any settings on the Iphone when you put your Virgin SIM in or did it work straight away?

Many thanks in advance.
geepeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 23:40   #21
geepeegee
Inactive

geepeegee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepeegee View Post
I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought an unlocked Iphone 3GS and tried to use it with my Virgin SIM - even though I get a Virgin 3G icon and I can send and receive text and calls I cannot connect to the internet.

I have spoken to VirginMobile Customer Service and visited two of their shops (which were to be honest more aimed at Cable customers) but none of them were very helpful. However they did give me the MMS settings but I dont know where in the Iphone to put them!

Did you have to alter any settings on the Iphone when you put your Virgin SIM in or did it work straight away?

Many thanks in advance.
Just an update - a friend called round and we did a factory reset on the phone and it works OK now.
geepeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 21:37   #22
Fireplace
Inactive

Just thought I'd update, after the advise I got here I took the plunge bought the iphone and got a Noosy trimmer and I'm up and running. All went OK if a little apprehensive on cutting the SIM card, but tried it on a test one and all went OK. Thanks for the help.
Old 16-08-2010, 15:57   #23
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjcat View Post
I've cut down a Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM for the iPhone 4, just to test the network and stuff.
Does the sms service work? Can't get the text service to work on the wife's LG Optimus GT540 using her VM PAYG card.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote