Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile failed credit check

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Old 15-09-2007, 21:58   #31
willas00
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L, PlusNet BB, PlusNet Landline
willas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enoughwillas00 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

I failed a credit check with them as well but passed a credit check with Virgin Media. Had to send a copy of my Birth Certificate in to pass the check.
willas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2007, 15:37   #32
Akia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dr3am View Post
I failed it too and I work for VM, go figure?

Anyway i passed the check for o2 so I'm happy o2 customer.
I failed it too, but if you work for them you can get a form from HR basically saying if you defualt they can take the money from your wages and that they will report you to HR and you'd be subject to company disaplinary. They will then manually over ride the credit check so you can get the Natter package.
Old 23-09-2007, 06:30   #33
UncleBooBoo

The point being it's clearly a virgin issue when it comes to credit checks!

He passed a credit check with 02 yet virgn failed him? 02 and voda are the hardest networks to pass a credit check with!

I failed with virgin, yet I passed a credit check with three and have 2 contracts with them now! in fact been with them for nearly 12 months!! I also passed the credit check with virgin media and my credit card company?

I remember reading a statement posted here some time ago about virgin acknowledging a problem and they were looking to rectify it! Take it that was a load of rubbish!!
Old 23-09-2007, 19:20   #34
hardtarget
Inactive

hardtarget is an unknown quantity at this point

well they've just turned me down too
hardtarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 20:23   #35
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

They turned me down and since then I have got a store card and a Platinum credit card!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 18:54   #36
rebstully
Inactive

rebstully is an unknown quantity at this point

I got turned down for a sim today, then had a look at this forum, then called them back and asked to speak to Customer Finance on the phone. I got a team leader instead, he tried to fob me off but I explained just how much bad press they were getting and mentioned the phrase "pass or fail on a whim" so they took my number and decided to try again. The automatic emails I kept getting were proof of how hard they tried - they put it through about 4 times before it passed - but it did!

So my advice - act a bit uppity but friendly, refuse to be fobbed off and tell them everyone's saying their system is a shambles. Good luck!!

Rebecca
rebstully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 19:49   #37
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

i too took up the offer when it was first offered,i took two and was so impressed i went for a third,at the time they advised me as i hadnt been with them long enough i wasnt entitled to a third,fair comment.one of the sims was canx after a few months as they allow a 'credit limit' on the phone useage after your 300's are up (i did ask this to be zeroed as it was my 14yr old son who was using it) but was told the lowest they could set the 'credit limit' at was £50,needless to say my lad shafted me so i canx it.i kept the other going as my 11yr old (better behaved) son was doing really well managing his mins/texts.imagine my suprise then when i suffered the same fate (many months down the line,keeping up my payments) as everybody else.perplexed i rang back and asked how come i couldnt have three at the outset but now months after paying for both (then one) i couldnt go back to my original two,i was told the same as the others,i had failed the credit check,i insisted that surely my credit 'score' should have gone up with them not down,to which he put me on hold,5mins later he said he'd had a word with the finance/credit dept and my sim was now being ordered!!! it has since duly arrived and all is fine...you couldnt make it up
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 22:23   #38
Akia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton71 View Post
For a small fee (Subject Access (£10 is the maximum fee any organisation can charge)) they must provide any information that they hold about you. If the information they provide to you is incorrect, you have the legal right to have that information corrected. If they dont correct it, you can get a court to order the information destroyed, and recieve compensation.
Surly the data protection act would only give you access the the actuall information that they used to credit score you. IE your credit file. I would have thought the actual score they give to each bit of information would not come under this because its not personal information about you as a individual.
Old 28-10-2007, 01:23   #39
Teena61
Inactive

Teena61 is an unknown quantity at this point

I too was refused this 'offer' for no apparent reason. I have a £50+ televsion and broadband with virgin and a pay as you go virgin mobile. I cannot understand a need for a credit check on the sim only package as it is not a contract, ie it can be cancelled at any time. It also reqires a direct debit. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has got this package...I know your out there somewhere!!
Teena61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 12:04   #40
UncleBooBoo

To be honest, looking back im glad VM told me where to go by failing me on a credit check!

I have been happy with three ever since!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:19   #41
Teena61
Inactive

Teena61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well judging by the amount of people who are paying £10 to £15 to find out their credit rating after being failed for 'NO GOOD REASON' It seems to be a nice little earner for them. They refuse you a good credit rating and you pay to find out why! marvolous!
Teena61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:41   #42
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena61 View Post
Well judging by the amount of people who are paying £10 to £15 to find out their credit rating after being failed for 'NO GOOD REASON' It seems to be a nice little earner for them. They refuse you a good credit rating and you pay to find out why! marvolous!
Hang on

Since when have Virgin been doing paid for credit checks ? Are you sqaying Virgin get paid for all those credit checks by OTHER companys.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 15:00   #43
John Ellsmore
Inactive

John Ellsmore is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried to get the £10 offer yesterday. I was told I failed the credit check.
I have been paying Telewest/Virgin Media £60 -£70 per month by DD for the past 10yrs! Wha's going on? I have a perfect credit rating (did have, until Virgin accessed Expedia and then failed me) have sent a letter of 'concern' to the Credit Dept.
John Ellsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 23:44   #44
tybalt21
Inactive

tybalt21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teena61 View Post
A nice little earner for who? Virgin? They, the same as anyone else who offers contracts or serivces of "buy now pay later" and such like to customers don't "earn" money from people checking their credit scores with other companies. It's the other companies who hold the information on credit ratings that get paid to produce a report for you if you want one, they aren't forcing them down peoples throats, but if someone is genuinely surprised to fail it's something you can ask for to see why you have a bad score, I've had one done out of interest just to see what my score was and didn't mind paying a company whose business it is to supply this sort of thing a few pounds (Literally under £6).

Exactly how many people do you think are checking their credit scores? I've counted maybe a handful of people on this thread who were discussing checking their scores to see why they failed as they had Media services, a failed credit check, as far as I'm aware, doesn't just go on the person applying and whether you have cash in your account. Your houses history / how long you have lived at your current address / missed payments on previous borrowings and your current status among other things can have an impact on whether you are allowed credit or not from anywhere, not just Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media.
tybalt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 11:39   #45
andbee
Inactive

andbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this saga appears to go on...

I have been declined to change from a PAYG to Monthly contract. When I rang to speak to Customer Service they gave me a number to ring the credit department. This is in-fact not the credit department, but Dun & Bradstreet, who provide credit references to Virgin Mobile!!

As a VMedia customer I am a bit shocked that VMobile have decided to decline my application.

I have now started to search else where for a mobile provider, and I will also be looking at Sky/BT to supply my TV/Phone/Broadband services. Since I pay by DD each month, and although we have several credit cards all are serviced each month without a problem, I am a bit miffed that I have been declined.

Virgin Mobile if you read this, you really do need to look at the way you score as you will be likely to lose more potential customers once people start to find that you are being to picky with your credit scoring!
andbee is offline   Reply With Quote