Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Old 30-12-2006, 17:59   #16
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheFox View Post
Just to let you know, I have received the data cable for my Lobster 575 from Virgin, unlike the one I got from Poland AND the cable I got from e-bay, the Virgin cable works fine.In the letter that arrived with the cable it said that I should have a CD also, but the cable is actually plug and play.Connect first to your phone and then PC, in MY COMPUTER it comes as an extra hard drive, you can now drag and drop MP3's into the audio file and use them as ringtones. I hope this helps....

Finally a success story, thanks for replying to this thread

What ringtone/music formats can the phone play other than .mp3?

How long did it take you to receive your data cable?
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2007, 11:56   #17
nobbyc42
Inactive

nobbyc42 is an unknown quantity at this point

im just waiting on my cable to arrive i had an email from virgin and the company that make them told me 4 to 5 days maybe longer with post and holidays will let you know what happens
nobbyc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:23   #18
NickTheFox
Inactive

NickTheFox is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I'm aware it's only MP3 tones, but they are THE real thing, i.e they sound just like the track you've downloaded, it took about 8 days for the cable, to be honest with you Virgin have been pretty good, bearing in mind that they give you the cable for free and they don't even make the phone or any accsessories for the Lobster 575. My pals wanted me to transfer the ringtones via bluetooth, but of cause this phone is not bluetooth.
NickTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 18:38   #19
nobbyc42
Inactive

guess what ?
got email today the cable is out of stock (oh nooooooooooo)i heard myself cry then words like typical bad luck or is get mike day today went round in my head ,but all is not lost as soon as it comes in ill have it within 3 days (yeah right )
getting disaloussioned with virgin now

typical
Old 07-01-2007, 17:28   #20
dazzamcgocks
Inactive

dazzamcgocks is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been reading your threads about the USB data cable for the Lobster 575 and subsequently contacted virgin. They informed me that they do not supply the cable and they gave me two websites which were of no use at all!!!!! WWW.FLATBATT.COM and WWW.BELLWAVE.COM

How cums then they sent you guys a cable ? I would appreciate it very much guys if you could help me on this guys as I am very frustrated with Virgin!!!!
dazzamcgocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 18:07   #21
TheOne
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzamcgocks View Post
I've been reading your threads about the USB data cable for the Lobster 575 and subsequently contacted virgin. They informed me that they do not supply the cable and they gave me two websites which were of no use at all!!!!! WWW.FLATBATT.COM and WWW.BELLWAVE.COM

How cums then they sent you guys a cable ? I would appreciate it very much guys if you could help me on this guys as I am very frustrated with Virgin!!!!
i've just PM'd you back

Quote:
guess what ?
got email today the cable is out of stock (oh nooooooooooo)i heard myself cry then words like typical bad luck or is get mike day today went round in my head ,but all is not lost as soon as it comes in ill have it within 3 days (yeah right )
getting disaloussioned with virgin now

typical
yep, i got an email like that over a week ago, its been about 2 weeks in total now and still waiting....patiently .lol

we'll get them out of Virgin some way or another !!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 19:27   #22
nobbyc42
Inactive

i hope so dude i really do phone full of pics of the family have tones on pc raedy and waiting,
dazz just register on line with virgin the send them and email they even gace me £2.00 credit for registring on line it works dudes
Old 12-01-2007, 16:57   #23
NickTheFox
Inactive

NickTheFox is an unknown quantity at this point

How did I get a cable? well first I have a direct debit with Virgin, the deal is this 300txts and 300mins talk time per month for £10. This was offered to me by Virgin for being with NTL and having Broadband, landline and NTL tv package. I did send them a strongly worded e-mail to the effect that I thought their treatment of non support for customers was awful, this in turn jump started them to send me a cable etc. My advice is to persist with e-mails, phone calls until you get satisfaction, I did threaten to go to the media, which may have helped my cause. I think the biggest culprits are the people selling leads that fit and look the part, but DO NOT work, take my advice and barrage Virgin for the cable that works.
NickTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 18:00   #24
luckybleeder
Inactive

luckybleeder is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually bought this phone from Virgin and i was disgusted that they couldn't supply me with the data cable. The cheeky buggers suggested an online store (m99) but they no longer stock them because of the high return rate

Mailed the "team" today pointing out this thread and i was promised one within 7 -10 working days along with a Froogle link to a company that don't stock 575 cables!

Why is it that everything ntl touch turns to crap
luckybleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 00:40   #25
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

any chance of an email addy pls to get the bloomin thing
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 11:25   #26
luckybleeder
Inactive

Here you go raefil and good luck!

theteam@virginmobile.com
Old 13-01-2007, 15:37   #27
TheOne
Inactive

i applied for the data cable around xmas, since then they've sent me 2 emails saying there's delays and that the demand has outstripped supply basically and that as soon as there in stock again they'll get one sent to me within 3 days. so still waiting really
Old 13-01-2007, 20:25   #28
luckybleeder
Inactive

Like i said previously i didn't get my phone for free with an ntl deal i actually paid for it (£70 i think). So i've been waiting since October 06 for the fabled data cable

Just had a look on ebay and rocking horse poop springs to mind
Old 13-01-2007, 22:45   #29
TheOne
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybleeder View Post
Like i said previously i didn't get my phone for free with an ntl deal i actually paid for it (£70 i think). So i've been waiting since October 06 for the fabled data cable

Just had a look on ebay and rocking horse poop springs to mind

OMG since October ? thats ridiculous and you even paid for yours thats awful. You should really get onto Virgins back !!!
Old 13-01-2007, 23:26   #30
luckybleeder
Inactive

Now lets have no talk about me getting on Virgins back. I'm a married man