Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

Old 24-06-2011, 14:19   #16
oovavoo
Inactive

oovavoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile Out of Tariff Price increase 25th July

Does this change mean I can cancel my contract>
oovavoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2011, 14:35   #17
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You would have to speak to Virgin Mobile, they can confirm whether it does or not
Old 24-06-2011, 18:14   #18
fedupwithvirgin
Inactive

fedupwithvirgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You would have to speak to Virgin Mobile, they can confirm whether it does or not
I have spoke to Virgin Mobile and they claim it does not mean you can cancel your contract.. despite the increase being to your material detriment, in contradiction to the terms of your contract (section 5.3b) because they don't see it as a significant change. ( If you want a laugh, ask them what they see as a significant change... then ask them to provide documented evidence of that figure ) I was politely told by a manager after this guy quoted me the wrong PPM I was paying at the moment and seemed totally oblivious to what material detrement meant, to get lost and "here's the complaint address if you want to see if they'll do anything for you.... " As per usual Virgin Media.. Excellent, Virgin Mobile, hilariously inept... best of luck all, I'm off to send a letter to the Virgin Mobile complaint team.. I really feel like getting told to get lost twice in one day after all I am only the person paying the bill....
fedupwithvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 18:15   #19
felixUK
Inactive

felixUK is an unknown quantity at this point

If i were you, I would seriously consider moving to other operator. The main operators have recently increased most of their tariffs (claiming it is a result of lowering MTR by Ofcom), but there are still some good MVNOs that have reasonable rates. I sometimes use sim.fm, as they have direct links to tariffs of almost all mobile service providers in UK.
felixUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 19:21   #20
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well it is for me - Because I go over allowances for Any time minutes sometimes but I will bloody make sure I will keep within, with those ridiculous prices.

What happened to the loyalty to calling/texting other Virgin Mobile phones? - it's been completely removed.
Wonder how that one got through the swear filter, perhaps the Forum Team Members are exempt?
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 21:50   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Wonder how that one got through the swear filter, perhaps the Forum Team Members are exempt?
No, bloody is not on the swear filter, because it would be difficult to mention blood in a topic, wouldn't it?

Nice try, though....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 13:29   #22
snowey
Inactive

Services: Virgin media, tv, telephone, cable bb,30mb,mobile, tivo.
snowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Just received a text about out of tariff charges and a price increase and I have to say Virgin are being plain greedy at the moment with their complete rip off price increases this year?

I mean, Calls to other virgin mobile phones is to rise in line with charges to call other Mobile phone networks. 40p per Min whether it's a Virgin Mobile phone or Mobile on another network.

Texts are also increasing from 3p to 15p for ALL texts regardless if the recipient has a Virgin Mobile.

Mobile Web Now 50p per day up from 30p. A 20p Increase!!!

Calls to 0800 numbers: 21p Per min.

http://www.virginmediapeople.com/changes/JV12/
Shocking may move off Virgin
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 20:32   #23
felixUK
Inactive

felixUK is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess it's time to move on. I've read recently that Talkmobile will not change their tariff as other providers do - I wonder if it's a good substitute for main operators.
felixUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 23:00   #24
Xan
Inactive

Xan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the roughXan is a jewel in the rough

Virgin mobile are the worst company i have ever been with for overcharging>if they offered there service for free they still get money off you somehow.

Virginmedia are good have 100mb ,tv and phone with them and happy
have moved to giffgaff outstanding and t-mobile
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote