Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile failed credit check

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile failed credit check

Old 23-11-2009, 16:15   #46
Xanta
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, phone, 50MB Broadband
Xanta is on a distinguished roadXanta is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Mobile failed credit check

This has just happened to me!

I applied for a monthly contract and I have just got off the phone from a long and frustrating phone call. Because I have been a customer for many years and a very prompt payer I thought I would be accepted but according to the operator virgin mobile use a different system to everyone else!

The reason I have been rejected is not because of the credit check but because my address is not on their system so they can't verify it, well at least that is the reason I have been given!

They have told me they can pass it on to another department so they can verify the address because they have "more up to date software" this seems slightly ridiculous to me!
Xanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2009, 16:43   #47
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

You would think that VM would have a data base for their customers that their Mobile Phone people would have at least basic access to.

It does seem a bit ridiculous to say your address isn't on their system when VM clearly had it when they installed their equipment in your home. Maybe it's a Data Protection issue.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:58   #48
sandradjwells
Inactive

sandradjwells is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have been declined for no good reason and so has my parter who stepped in to help me get this Blackberry which seemed such a good deal (he also has an excellent credit history). I think the Blackberry offer is bogus, they cannot afford to give out Blackberrys as low as £10 per month but just want to appear to be the great provider. Vigin is conning the customer by dishonesty and embarrassing them by turning down good people, not to mention the time wasted in the store, online and finally having to talk to a staff member who found it extremely difficult to understand my name, address etc. This has taken up a whole day of my time and I am furious. How does one shame them?
sandradjwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 00:00   #49
i love virgin
Inactive

Services: Virgin
i love virgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandradjwells View Post
I too have been declined for no good reason and so has my parter who stepped in to help me get this Blackberry which seemed such a good deal (he also has an excellent credit history). I think the Blackberry offer is bogus, they cannot afford to give out Blackberrys as low as £10 per month but just want to appear to be the great provider. Vigin is conning the customer by dishonesty and embarrassing them by turning down good people, not to mention the time wasted in the store, online and finally having to talk to a staff member who found it extremely difficult to understand my name, address etc. This has taken up a whole day of my time and I am furious. How does one shame them?
Go to Watchdog
i love virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 03:06   #50
sandradjwells
Inactive

Good idea. I'm on the case!
Old 01-11-2010, 14:24   #51
jen1
Inactive

jen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well they passed me, then screwed it up because they done another 4 checks after passin me the first time, and every credoit check preformed drops your rating
well no help at all, because virgin done so many credit check's then my rating has dropped, this is there own fault, cause they can't do their job right, and they won't now activate my account, i have a disable son, and now no mobile phone, and cause they have made my rating drop i'm now not able to get another contract with another company, as virgin have affected my credit rating
jen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 18:45   #52
sandradjwells
Inactive

They do not actually check your credit rating. We found that out when my partner who joined Experian and Equifax discovered that no credit check had been made even though we were told by Virgin that we had both failed (for no reason of course). Today I successfully took out a Blackberry with Vodaphone. My thoughts are that they have a certain quota of Blackberrys to give out and when that is filled, everyone else is excluded by so called failed credit checks. It is insulting and they should be shamed.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:46   #53
jen1
Inactive

jen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

silly thing is i recieved the blackberry i have it sat here
jen1 is offline   Reply With Quote