Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cables for tivo install

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Cab & Mux keys

Old 04-11-2011, 22:37   #1
CambsTech
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 100Mb, Talk Unlimited
CambsTech is an unknown quantity at this point
Cab & Mux keys

Hi everyone,

I started doing installs a few months back and the van they gave me didn't come with a full set of cab and Mux keys. I have to use my F spanner and jelly crimps on lots of mux's.

The boss says stores can order keys, stores says they cant. Does anyone know where they are made and where I might be able to buy a set?
CambsTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2011, 22:44   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Cab & Mux keys

Its your manager that can order them. if he doesn't know he needs to ask another manager
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 23:23   #3
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Cab & Mux keys

Keys can be ordered we have had 10 sets for the ccu team arrive .ask the PT for virgin about it
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 00:36   #4
CambsTech
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 100Mb, Talk Unlimited
CambsTech is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the replies guys.

I'll just have to talk to my manager again, just thought I'd ask as he's a bit grumpy all the time and would just love the opportunity to highlight my elf's and broadband registration stats
CambsTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:11   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

What's the point in broadband activation, it happens anyway when you plug a new modem in
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:08   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
What's the point in broadband activation, it happens anyway when you plug a new modem in
Not in all cases.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote