Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | refused installation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

refused installation

Old 19-02-2012, 17:32   #1
sloniecki
Inactive

sloniecki is an unknown quantity at this point
refused installation

Hello,
I recently moved to new home which I bought. I used moving home service, and everything was set up over the phone. Shortly I was contacted by one of field technicians which explained me that everything will be done and cable will be pulled from house across the road (distance of around 15 meters). The installation date has been confirmed. Couple days before installation supposed take place I was contacted by Moving Team Customer Service and informed about difficulties with cable management and that permission from Council is required due to some dig up job has to take place and that installation was postponed until necessary work is carried out, but I do not need to worry about therefore it is only formality and should take no longer than 2 weeks. Within these 2 weeks I contacted customer service few times to find out on progress of my case but I was sadly informed that installation of service in my house would be unprofitable for company and it will be soon cancelled blockage in duct on main carriageway. Have anybody had problem like me is there any way to fix it all the houses are connected on my street but mine and house next door
sloniecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2012, 18:01   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: refused installation

Welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to the correct forum where hopefully someone may be able to help you.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 18:03   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

That is pants. Sometimes it can be a faff when they have got to do these sort of things because like you said, they either have to get permission from the council to dig up the road or from a neighbour to dig up their garden or something like that. It is a shame they have decided to cancel it all together. I would have thought that in the long run (thinking about 20+ years) it would be worth their while sorting it out for you and your next door neighbour. I would fire off an email to the CEOs office to see if you can get anywhere if you really want it. I would.

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 18:12   #4
sloniecki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I would fire off an email to the CEOs office to see if you can get anywhere if you really want it. I would.

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk
i actually did this just wait for reply, hopefully it may do the trick fingers crossed
Old 19-02-2012, 20:06   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Another option is in this community forum thread HERE

If these guys say no then writing to the CEO's office will cut little ice as they will take the lead from this team, if they say it the is little or no return it will not be done.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 20:31   #6
sloniecki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Another option is in this community forum thread HERE

If these guys say no then writing to the CEO's office will cut little ice as they will take the lead from this team, if they say it the is little or no return it will not be done.
thank you for help guys
i did try that as well but they never got answered
Old 19-02-2012, 20:33   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloniecki View Post
thank you for help guys
i did try that as well but they never got answered
See what happens with the CEO's office but if they think the will be monetary return the answer will be no, possibly try and get some of your neighbours on your side with the potential to add more people it may help.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 21:39   #8
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Just hope that the duct gets further damage resulting in all the customers in the duct loosing service, hopefully if it's profitable they will repair it and you can also get connected.
Old 22-02-2012, 21:53   #9
sloniecki
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee View Post
Just hope that the duct gets further damage resulting in all the customers in the duct loosing service, hopefully if it's profitable they will repair it and you can also get connected.

don`t think it would make any difference as my house is last on the road
everyone else is already connected
Old 22-02-2012, 22:20   #10
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

It seems that the buzzword policy at the moment is to increase revenue from each customer by getting more out of existing people than worrying about net customer additions. In the short term that will work, but in the longer term the monetary growth would stall if you can't broaden your customer base. Since business aren't doing any new cabling for standard broadband/phone customers even in areas where the street ducts exist (seem to be concentrating on major corporate clients), then it is only a matter of time before residential follows suit and stops all installs tho new properties
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 12:13   #11
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

ARPU, that would be called. It's a common thing in the telecoms industry, both fixed and mobile. New acquisitions cost money (lots of it) and making more money out of existing ones costs a lot less.

Acquisitions vs. retentions policy is something that changes on a quarterly basis and rarely is it a long-term decision.

I should add net additions on VM have been rather flat for a while now - in some quarters VM has actually been net losing customers rather than gaining, and BT are signing up several times more broadband customers than VM lately.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 20:23   #12
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Maybe thats because VM price plans are confusing in the sense that its easy to get into a contract from the off but once you want to start changing packages around later on once the package runs out the price plans dont make any sense.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:21   #13
sloniecki
Inactive

i have bgot visit from one of VM Field sales advisers and aparently everthing been sorted for me and instalation should be in within 2 weeks from now happy as never berfore

REGARDS.
Old 23-02-2012, 21:28   #14
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Not bad at least you've got things sorted
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote