Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 15-10-2016, 23:45   #1891
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Yeah. WWE are under no requirement to even punish upon it but do so on their own back (They happily dish out part time deals that conveniently miss out the wellness policy) Looking at you Brock 'Doped' Lesnar.

As for other sports, nothing changed, you're just seeing a far better testing era, designer PED's got nabbed and now everyone is on the back foot. Lance Armstrong was caught plenty of times too, just no one had the balls to call out the cash cow.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-10-2016 at 23:50.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2016, 21:42   #1892
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Goldberg's return was a monumental success, far better than anticipated even by myself. Couldn't cut a promo to save his life then pulls out the best of his career and one of the best WWE has seen for a while. I think you can see it on him himself, he never expected a response like that.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 19-10-2016 at 21:46.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 20:24   #1893
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Just Been Confirmed: The Deadman The Undertaker will be appearing on WWE Smackdown Live's 900th Episode on The 15th November 2016 according to PWInsider.com
undertakereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:55   #1894
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

According to wrestle talk news they still haven't decided who will win the match between Goldberg and Lesner as they are waiting on Goldberg to decide if he will do any more matches.

Apparently Undertaker is going to challenge John Cena on the 900th ep for a wrestle mania match and announce that it will be his last.
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 21:21   #1895
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Sad News: WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Superfly Snuka has Passed Away it was announced by his daughter WWE Diva Tamina Snuka.

Info from wwe.com
Old 15-01-2017, 23:22   #1896
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

WWE have it up. Not surprised by this but was on the fence to see if they would given his Murder charge and lawsuits against the company.
Old 16-01-2017, 15:17   #1897
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Thoughts on the UK Tournament?

I was impressed with some of the guys, Tyler Bate is a natural and I'm pleased he did so well. Trent Severn is a good entertainer but doesn't really have a 'wrestler'physique in my opinion.

Danny Burch has a great look and he's one to keep an eye on as the UK division develops. Same for Gradwell, he's got a good 'bare knuckle brawler' look about him. Disappointed that my pick Tyson T-Bone didn't do better, I like his gimmick, I've reffed matches for him a few times, (he also inked one of my tattoos ) he makes it so easy to ref a match. Joe Connors is another guy I've worked with and am disappointed he didn't get past Mark Andrews.....who I'm very pleased did not win. Aside from the fact he dropped me without warning from his promotion a few years back despite my getting him a lot of free publicity as well as agreeing to take a wage cut to help them get off the ground (bitter....who, me??), he's talented but far too small to be someone I want representing the UK and especially not Wales - keep an eye out for Wild Boar and Grizzly Jones as examples of top Taff talent. Andrews is clearly super-over with the fans and I can see kids loving him in the way Rey Mysterio was a hero to them but keep him away from the gold please.

Pete Dunne....what an awesome heel. He comes across as an absolute sphincter who would enjoy refusing fans an autograph. I can see him going FAR in the UK division and although again I'm pleased for Tyler winning the title, Dunne would have been good too and I'm pretty certain he'll get a run. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the Cruiserweights.

Apparently all 16 guys have been signed to 1 year contracts so it seems WWE are going to offer this division all the chances it needs to succeed. Bearing in mind there are dozens and dozens of other talented UK guys available to step up, the British scene has never looked so promising.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 21:57   #1898
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
Sad News: WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Superfly Snuka has Passed Away it was announced by his daughter WWE Diva Tamina Snuka.

Info from wwe.com
RIP Superfly
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 22:18   #1899
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Just been announced: Former WWE Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle is The First Inductee for The WWE Hall of Fame Cermony.

Info from wwe.com
Old 17-01-2017, 11:39   #1900
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Thoughts on the UK Tournament?

I was impressed with some of the guys, Tyler Bate is a natural and I'm pleased he did so well. Trent Severn is a good entertainer but doesn't really have a 'wrestler'physique in my opinion.

Danny Burch has a great look and he's one to keep an eye on as the UK division develops. Same for Gradwell, he's got a good 'bare knuckle brawler' look about him. Disappointed that my pick Tyson T-Bone didn't do better, I like his gimmick, I've reffed matches for him a few times, (he also inked one of my tattoos ) he makes it so easy to ref a match. Joe Connors is another guy I've worked with and am disappointed he didn't get past Mark Andrews.....who I'm very pleased did not win. Aside from the fact he dropped me without warning from his promotion a few years back despite my getting him a lot of free publicity as well as agreeing to take a wage cut to help them get off the ground (bitter....who, me??), he's talented but far too small to be someone I want representing the UK and especially not Wales - keep an eye out for Wild Boar and Grizzly Jones as examples of top Taff talent. Andrews is clearly super-over with the fans and I can see kids loving him in the way Rey Mysterio was a hero to them but keep him away from the gold please.

Pete Dunne....what an awesome heel. He comes across as an absolute sphincter who would enjoy refusing fans an autograph. I can see him going FAR in the UK division and although again I'm pleased for Tyler winning the title, Dunne would have been good too and I'm pretty certain he'll get a run. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the Cruiserweights.

Apparently all 16 guys have been signed to 1 year contracts so it seems WWE are going to offer this division all the chances it needs to succeed. Bearing in mind there are dozens and dozens of other talented UK guys available to step up, the British scene has never looked so promising.
How are they actually doing this? Presumably they're told whose winning before hand or are they doing 'normal' wresting as they would at the Olympics?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 20:11   #1901
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

All pre-determined 'sports entertainment'. They were likely told the finishes as they arrived on Saturday.
Old 17-01-2017, 21:08   #1902
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Cheers. Is this a spin-off that remains in the UK or is the intention to fold some of it into WWE proper?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 03:50   #1903
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

They'll likely keep it over here for the foreseeable future as WWE is seeing competition from World of Sport and WCPW which are both fast-rising promotions in the U.K. and we're their biggest market outside America.

WWE are allowing the title to be defended at just about any UK Indy promotions other than the above 2 (i.e. again, viewed as realistic rivals) as long as their permission is obtained first. Part of this is to ensure their guy is only put against good workers and not some dangerous or poorly-trained individual who might cause injury, damage the reputation of the UK title etc
Old 26-01-2017, 22:45   #1904
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Bill Goldberg is already in McMahon's bad books thanks to Monday's performance. For those unaware, Bill has a pre-ring ritual of headbutting something (locker etc.) On this occasion it seems he drilled his head through the locker and was visibly busted open before botching his lines multiple times.

He's far too big at the moment for them to really care though, even I'm quite amazed at the response to his return. He's so far over it's incredible, no doubt that the SS demolition going over Brock helped push that.
Old 28-01-2017, 03:19   #1905
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

He certainly is crazy-over, but I reckon his match with Lesnar was so short because he can no longer work. He was never the best worker back in the day but I can't see him having a good match again. As you say he botched his lines several times (looking forward to the next Botchamania video) plus on his return he fell over against Rusev.

On paper I love the idea of Lesnar v Goldberg but I can't stop feeling like any further matches between them will be awful.