Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

Old 16-03-2012, 03:53   #61
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Speed Tripled - Nice & Simple

this is what i get when i sign in...

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8414/88352165.png

then when i close that i get...

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1053/90362170.png

But Ben MCr did mention that areas with enough spare utilisation are able to get the upgrades early, I suspect my area is lower than your so maybe the upgrades arent coming to yours yet with it being higher
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2012, 03:58   #62
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

My area according to VMs checker will have it by july and I am also on one of the new configs as well.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 04:23   #63
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

yeah but your still running on 4 ds channels arent you, which suggests your area hasnt had the 100mb upgrades never mind the speed doubling ones
Old 16-03-2012, 12:40   #64
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
yeah but your still running on 4 ds channels arent you, which suggests your area hasnt had the 100mb upgrades never mind the speed doubling ones
An area can still support 100MB even though it only runs four DS channels, which mine has for a while.

The additional channel bonding seems to be in line with the speed doubling upgrades or general capicity increases.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 12:44   #65
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
An area can still support 100MB even though it only runs four DS channels, which mine has for a while.

The additional channel bonding seems to be in line with the speed doubling upgrades or general capicity increases.
Being able to run a few people on 100Mb at 4 channels is a lot different than being able to run many more people on 100Mb at 8 channels.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 12:49   #66
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Being able to run a few people on 100Mb at 4 channels is a lot different than being able to run many more people on 100Mb at 8 channels.
Indeed you are right, but the point i was making is that it's still officially supported (not ideally) even with only 4 downstream.

My area must be full of tightwads on lower tiers for them not to bother with bonding the channels, seems to be more upload congestion in Middlesbrough atm.
Old 16-03-2012, 13:24   #67
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
what 100meg upgrades?

There are so many 100meg areas with 4 channels its enough to assume extra DS channels are not standard 100meg upgrades, and more likely advanced work for the speed doubling.

The green bar from what I have seen posted should still come up even if the area isnt due yet as some people says its there but doesnt let them upgrade.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Indeed you are right, but the point i was making is that it's still officially supported (not ideally) even with only 4 downstream.

My area must be full of tightwads on lower tiers for them not to bother with bonding the channels, seems to be more upload congestion in Middlesbrough atm.
indeed, my area has had 100meg enabled since sept.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 14:11   #68
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

The green bar from what I have seen posted should still come up even if the area isnt due yet as some people says its there but doesnt let them upgrade.
Yeah, my green bar leads me to details about my new speed, and then when asked with "What should i do?" It says nothing, and that upgrades will be made before i'm boosted to the 100MB speeds. After that i can only close the popup window.
Old 16-03-2012, 16:18   #69
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
they released 100mbit in my area in November and that was/still is with 4 channels and I don't have any problems at all maxing out my connection.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 18:08   #70
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
what 100meg upgrades?

There are so many 100meg areas with 4 channels its enough to assume extra DS channels are not standard 100meg upgrades, and more likely advanced work for the speed doubling..
My area got 5 channels before the speed doubling was eve announced, although when I first signed up for 100Mb, I only had 4 channels available
Old 17-03-2012, 20:53   #71
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

I had the box when I logged in and it let me order, but the only option was to book an engineer. I need a superhub but I thought they would just post one out and I could do the rest myself.

Do they send them out anyway and book an engineer incase or will they contact me to give me the choice?

Unfortunately the only suitable dates on the system were late April and May and I wouldn't mind it a bit sooner if I can.
Begize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 21:09   #72
scrooge
Inactive

scrooge is on a distinguished roadscrooge is on a distinguished road

I had the choice of a self install or a paid for engineer visit. Naturally I chose self install!
I've had the confirmation email and it's listed in the 'track orders' screen although no HDNL tracking number yet.
scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 21:51   #73
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Anyone willing to PM me the link to the upgrade form? I just get an error message when clicking the link in the banner (a 404 style error, not a message saying my area isnt ready). Thankies :o
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 23:21   #74
daemon
Inactive

daemon is on a distinguished roaddaemon is on a distinguished road

I am currently on 20M service (with a small blue ntl: modem) in the Biggleswade area and experiencing intermittent service loss and slow speeds particularly on Saturday evenings. I've checked my modems functionality against the signal level sticky in this forum and all appears within specification.

On sigining in to My Virgin Media today I saw the green banner and followed the more info link which gave me information that my connection will be upgraded from 20M to 60M with the need for a new (free) modem - would that be a Superhub? There was an Upgrade Me link presented.

I am currently on a discounted 20M service (originally £37/mo reduced by £20/mo on a 3 for £58/mo offer some time ago). Will adopting this upgrade (1) improve my internet operation and (2) affect my monthly charge i.e. will I lose my £20/mo discount through it being seen as a contract change?

TIA,
Neil Darlow
daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 23:26   #75
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

1, speeds; probably. the connection will be stable.

2, no. its a free upgrade.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote