Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Cap & Netflix!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Cap & Netflix!

Old 19-02-2012, 17:13   #31
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve
Re: Virgin Media Cap & Netflix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moowow! View Post
But im paying for a 10MB connection and netflix is not even using half of that! why should i pay for higher speed connection when the connection im paying for is more then powerful enough, its a con making you pay for more speed then you need!

Surely you don't think Virgin over throttle lower speeds to get people to upgrade?

The days of me paying £30+ just for an internet connection are history.....
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2012, 17:29   #32
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
But im paying for a 10MB connection and netflix is not even using half of that! why should i pay for higher speed connection when the connection im paying for is more then powerful enough, its a con making you pay for more speed then you need!
netflix uses a lot of bandwidth and during peak tiems stm for 10mb i believe is about 1.4gig dn qoute me on that as i dnt have the exact figure but the 10mb doesnt have a big a ount it can download duirng peak times but outside peak times there is no restrictions
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 17:59   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by satellite-man View Post
nice you are aint ya, as his signature says:
I know that, me and Andrew have participated in loads of threads together and I have not once criticised his spelling, sentence structure or english as a whole. Tbh his post made me laugh and I posted what I did to prove to everyone else that although it can be frustrating, we can all still read it no problemo.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 19:17   #34
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I know that, me and Andrew have participated in loads of threads together and I have not once criticised his spelling, sentence structure or english as a whole. Tbh his post made me laugh and I posted what I did to prove to everyone else that although it can be frustrating, we can all still read it no problemo.
never took one bit of offence to it because i know of the study and i have tried in the past to show people but for some reaosn some people think taht spelling adn grammer are so important that they get offence with people who are not good at it, i dnt jsut mean dsylexic people i mean people witha small vocalbally, people who have had strokes etc and no longer have speech or sound reconisation i mean pronounce a sound like K

the only place i believe english spelling adn grammer should be important is ENGLISH EXAM OF SOME DEGREEE nothing else should matter
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 19:58   #35
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
the only place i believe english spelling adn grammer should be important is ENGLISH EXAM OF SOME DEGREEE nothing else should matter
totally agree.... as long as its readable there shouldnt be a problem
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 20:38   #36
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Your not maying for a 10mb connection, your paying for a level of service and L is not appropriate for heavy downloaded
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 22:38   #37
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Your not maying for a 10mb connection, your paying for a level of service and L is not appropriate for heavy downloaded
I used to think of it as paying for a 2.5mb unlimited connection that's burstable up to 10mb for half an hour a day...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote