Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-11-2016, 20:11   #3091
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I don't think this is relevant for us in the UK as we get all the Amazon (US) original shows already including exclusive ones like AMC's Into The Badlands.

What I'm waiting to see in the future is whether Netflix and Amazon ditch everything but their own made content as that would go against the original point of these streaming services.

The speed at which Netflix, in particular, is making their own shows (and films too now) they will soon have a archive of content to rival even the biggest Hollywood studios and tv producers.
I'd say that's many, many years away from being a possibility. Netflix don't really have that many shows when you remove the supposed Originals that aren't actually their own programs. Then factor in that people have different tastes and those that like every single thing they make will be in the minority it becomes even less appealing.
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2016, 01:14   #3092
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The Amazon Fire Stick is now reduced to £24.99 for Black Friday if anyone is interested.
Old 23-11-2016, 08:39   #3093
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The Amazon Fire Stick is now reduced to £24.99 for Black Friday if anyone is interested.
£19.99 if you have Prime using the the code 'NOWFIVE' at checkout
Old 23-11-2016, 10:35   #3094
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
£19.99 if you have Prime using the the code 'NOWFIVE' at checkout
Damn! I can't risk cancelling my order and re ordering because it only lets you order 2, so i maybe stuck with not being able to order at all.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-11-2016 at 10:40.
Old 23-11-2016, 10:48   #3095
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'd say that's many, many years away from being a possibility. Netflix don't really have that many shows when you remove the supposed Originals that aren't actually their own programs. Then factor in that people have different tastes and those that like every single thing they make will be in the minority it becomes even less appealing.
I consider myself pretty choosy when it comes to what I watch, but I don't think most people would agree that Netflix has limited choice at all. Like most, I don't do all my viewing from one place, but even if I did, it would take me a long time to get through all the choice they have to offer, even if I watched TV all day, every day as well as the evenings.

The original series are brilliant, and the supplementary material is vast. It would certainly keep most people watching TV regularly for about 2 to 3 hours per night fully satisfied.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I don't think this is relevant for us in the UK as we get all the Amazon (US) original shows already including exclusive ones like AMC's Into The Badlands.

What I'm waiting to see in the future is whether Netflix and Amazon ditch everything but their own made content as that would go against the original point of these streaming services.

The speed at which Netflix, in particular, is making their own shows (and films too now) they will soon have a archive of content to rival even the biggest Hollywood studios and tv producers.
I would be surprised if Netflix abandoned all the non-original shows in the future. For many, a big part of the attraction is to have a nice selection of films to choose from through a subscription, rather than PPV.
Old 23-11-2016, 12:04   #3096
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I consider myself pretty choosy when it comes to what I watch, but I don't think most people would agree that Netflix has limited choice at all. Like most, I don't do all my viewing from one place, but even if I did, it would take me a long time to get through all the choice they have to offer, even if I watched TV all day, every day as well as the evenings.

The original series are brilliant, and the supplementary material is vast. It would certainly keep most people watching TV regularly for about 2 to 3 hours per night fully satisfied.
I was responding to his comment about them dumping everything but their self made content. They only have 13 of their dramas for example and that includes the Marvel shows and a small handful of 'in partnership ones'. They have some kids and comedy, documentary etc but nowhere near enough to go alone.
Old 23-11-2016, 12:36   #3097
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I was responding to his comment about them dumping everything but their self made content. They only have 13 of their dramas for example and that includes the Marvel shows and a small handful of 'in partnership ones'. They have some kids and comedy, documentary etc but nowhere near enough to go alone.
Yes, I can't see that happening. I think Netflix will always have a mix and more content is better.
Old 24-11-2016, 23:29   #3098
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon is exploring adding live sports to its Prime offerings

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/21/1...rt-nfl-nba-mlb
Old 25-11-2016, 19:53   #3099
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Argos have a Now TV box with 6 months entertainment reduced from £39.99 to £19, so I've bought one to watch Westworld.

Is it true that you have to get the free trial first and then add the voucher or you lose out?

Also, i'm sure I read somewhere that vouchers expire after a certain length of time? Is this true, if so how can they know when a box & voucher were purchased?

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4590602?store=224&cmpid=GS001&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsi d:59158|cid:598735121|agid:24290233130|tid:pla-216694657970|crid:86845905290|nw:g|rnd:10438804723 494002660|dvc:t|adp:1o3&gclid=Cj0KEQiA39_BBRD0w-_rmOrc__8BEiQA-ETxXUtm1lXAMgmuIYoNtHEOmo_xx4it7xnbf5rypHZEDPsaAht e8P8HAQ

Interestingly, Tesco appear to have permanently reduced the price of their Now TV boxes (2month entertainment pack) to £14.24 on their grocery site (they were previously £24.99 and were often reduced to £14.99).
Old 26-11-2016, 19:13   #3100
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I read that Grand Tour is the biggest streamed premier in Amazon Prime history.

I bet netflix are kicking themselves.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7431251.html
Old 26-11-2016, 19:14   #3101
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Not to mention the Beeb!
Old 26-11-2016, 19:18   #3102
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Not really as Netflix have some great shows of their own.
Old 26-11-2016, 19:23   #3103
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not really as Netflix have some great shows of their own.
They do, Den, but they can't have too many hit shows!
Old 26-11-2016, 19:56   #3104
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Paxman is a over rated bully imo.
Old 26-11-2016, 20:03   #3105
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Paxman is a over rated bully imo.
I think you meant 'Clarkson'!

Mind you, maybe you weren't that far off anyway! He's the only bloke (apart from John Humphries) who made me feel sorry for the politicians!
Closed Thread