Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL and Telewest webspace upload information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Incoming Mail

Old 27-05-2004, 10:11   #1
porpoise
Inactive

porpoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Incoming Mail

I have 4 emal accounts set up. The first receiving mail ok. The second says receiving 1 of 12 but doesn't complete. Therefore I assume theres something 'wrong' with this mail.I keep getting a message' your server hasn't responded for 60 seconds' so I say wait. Is there anything that I can do ?
porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2004, 10:21   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Incoming Mail

Does the email have a web mail access facility. If so, can you access it by that. May just be a rogue email with a large attachment or something that if deleted via webmail allows everything else to run.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 10:28   #3
porpoise
Inactive

How do I find that out ? I am using outlook express.
Old 27-05-2004, 10:30   #4
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by porpoise
How do I find that out ? I am using outlook express.
Outlook Express is just a client, like webmail .... who do you have your email accounts with, and do they provide webmail access to your accounts ?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 11:31   #5
porpoise
Inactive

Why NTL of course !!!! is there any other !!! ;-D
Old 27-05-2004, 11:36   #6
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

try browsing to http://webmail.ntlworld.com and logging into the problem account there. It should then show you the 12 messages, delete any that might cause problems (ie virus infected/ corrupt/ very large) and then try the send and receive in OE again... should get it going for you.

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 12:00   #7
porpoise
Inactive

Thank you, they were all spam, all cleared no problem now. Thank you very much for your help.
Old 27-05-2004, 12:04   #8
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Glad u got it sorted
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 14:12   #9
MJB
Inactive

MJB is on a distinguished roadMJB is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem, but clearing the mail off the server still doesn't make it work!

I have three NTL email addresses but only two work. If I send mail to the third it just stays on the server. Outlook sends a test message to say all is OK, but it doesn't come back!

Any pointers appreciated.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2004, 15:14   #10
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB
I had a similar problem, but clearing the mail off the server still doesn't make it work!

I have three NTL email addresses but only two work. If I send mail to the third it just stays on the server. Outlook sends a test message to say all is OK, but it doesn't come back!

Any pointers appreciated.
can you paste the error message that you get for Outlook when you try to receive messages.

are you using any firewall or antivirus software?
Old 27-05-2004, 17:05   #11
MJB
Inactive

Hi MB,

me again - so soon!

I get no error messages at all. When I check for messages in Outlook I am told all are downloaded, but nothing ever comes from the one of them. When I go to check on the server the messages are just sat there!

And yes, firewall & antiVirus, but everything else has always worked INCLUDING the one that doesn't at the moment.
Old 27-05-2004, 18:23   #12
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB
Hi MB,

me again - so soon!

I get no error messages at all. When I check for messages in Outlook I am told all are downloaded, but nothing ever comes from the one of them. When I go to check on the server the messages are just sat there!

And yes, firewall & antiVirus, but everything else has always worked INCLUDING the one that doesn't at the moment.
hmm... sounds obvious...but are you sure that all 3 of the email accounts are setup in outlook? if there were two that were failing to receive messages for some reason then i would expect outlook to give you an error of some kind.
Old 27-05-2004, 20:00   #13
MJB
Inactive

Yes, 100%.........
Old 27-05-2004, 20:03   #14
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB
Yes, 100%.........
pm me which accounts it is you are having problems with and i will take a look for you when i have a minute

MB