Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 02-03-2017, 22:17   #256
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So his arms magically reappeared? That's nothing like the post, which specified no arms, crawl to work, and in the "Metro".

Being in a wheelchair would only give 9 points anyway, which by itself would not be enough. That would be for not being able to walk up/down 2 steps.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2017, 22:25   #257
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
So his arms magically reappeared? That's nothing like the post, which specified no arms, crawl to work, and in the "Metro".

Being in a wheelchair would only give 9 points anyway, which by itself would not be enough. That would be for not being able to walk up/down 2 steps.
Well that's one of only several links l can find as l certainly cannot find anything else so you have to question about the full validity of the post made..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7606416.html
Old 02-03-2017, 22:33   #258
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Today's Metro newspaper carries a report of how a man with no arms had his benefits stopped after being told "Crawl to work, you've still got arms"

Something really has to be done about the way that disabled people are being treated by this Government.
Quote:
Well that's one of only several links l can find as l certainly cannot find anything else.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7606416.html
How does that relate in any way to post by RichardCoulter? It's not even close.

He still wouldn't qualify, unless there is something else. Not being able to walk up/down stairs is not enough. End result would be the same, ESA stopped.
Old 02-03-2017, 22:36   #259
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
How does that relate in any way to post by RichardCoulter? It's not even close.

He still wouldn't qualify, unless there is something else. Not being able to walk up/down stairs is not enough. End result would be the same, ESA stopped.
Well you go and find something that relates to his post as l cannot find anything as l was trying to find a link to it for you...
Old 02-03-2017, 22:44   #260
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well you go and find something that relates to his post as l cannot find anything as l was trying to find a link to it for you...
I can't find anything. That was my point. Checked the "Metro" website, and searched "worldwide" for a reference to "crawl to work".

On the face of it, the guy in the wheelchair wouldn't be eligible for ESA and that is according to the law. People in wheelchairs do not automatically qualify for ESA. He would still be receiving mobility DLA/PIP and once any mandatory reconsideration was over he could start the appeal process and get the assessment rate of ESA, along with Housing benefit etc.
Old 03-03-2017, 20:12   #261
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I can't find anything. That was my point. Checked the "Metro" website, and searched "worldwide" for a reference to "crawl to work".

On the face of it, the guy in the wheelchair wouldn't be eligible for ESA and that is according to the law. People in wheelchairs do not automatically qualify for ESA. He would still be receiving mobility DLA/PIP and once any mandatory reconsideration was over he could start the appeal process and get the assessment rate of ESA, along with Housing benefit etc.
I think it's pretty obvious to most people that I meant to say "no legs".

I didn't obtain the information from a Metro link, but Denphone has kindly found a link for you about the relevant case.

This ridiculous decision has now been overturned, but it just shows what's being done to disabled people.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 20:28   #262
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious to most people that I meant to say "no legs".

I didn't obtain the information from a Metro link, but Denphone has kindly found a link for you about the relevant case.

This ridiculous decision has now been overturned, but it just shows what's being done to disabled people.
So EVERYTHING in your post was FALSE. There wasn't even a "crawl to work" comment involved. It's quite possible that he said that he could haul himself up/down stairs at home. If he did, it should have been ignored as that is not the context the question is meant to be applied.

Unless there are other factors we haven't been told about, he is still not eligible for ESA. Being in a wheelchair only gives 9 points, when at least 15 are needed. The reasoning for just 9 points is that many people in wheelchairs DO work, so he could. All that time he would still be receiving the higher rates of mobility DLA or PIP.
Old 03-03-2017, 22:22   #263
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
So EVERYTHING in your post was FALSE. There wasn't even a "crawl to work" comment involved. It's quite possible that he said that he could haul himself up/down stairs at home. If he did, it should have been ignored as that is not the context the question is meant to be applied.

Unless there are other factors we haven't been told about, he is still not eligible for ESA. Being in a wheelchair only gives 9 points, when at least 15 are needed. The reasoning for just 9 points is that many people in wheelchairs DO work, so he could. All that time he would still be receiving the higher rates of mobility DLA or PIP.
I suspect that you're being obtuse for the sake of it. The crawl to work comment was reported by both the Metro newspaper and Channel 5, but there may have been others.

The decision has been overturned and he is now eligible for ESA.

It's incorrect of you to assume that all wheelchair users can work because some are able to, you sound like a mouthpiece of this Government.

Assumptions are rarely correct and never helpful.
Old 03-03-2017, 22:52   #264
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I suspect that you're being obtuse for the sake of it. The crawl to work comment was reported by both the Metro newspaper and Channel 5, but there may have been others.

The decision has been overturned and he is now eligible for ESA.

It's incorrect of you to assume that all wheelchair users can work because some are able to, you sound like a mouthpiece of this Government.

Assumptions are rarely correct and never helpful.
There is no reference to "crawl to work" on the Metro website or anywhere else. I did look at the time. At the time there was no sign of what you were going on about.

Where did I say all wheelchairs users? It is a FACT that being in a wheelchair by itself only gives 9 points. That was a result of independent advice given in 2009, ie under Labour.

Further research does indicate that he does suffer from other issues which would get the required 15 points. The loss of legs had been very recent which may be a factor in the original incorrect decision. Still puzzled as to how he got to the stage of having to claim JSA, when a Tribunal hearing would've sorted it out before that stage. You can claim ESA at the assessment rate up until the Tribunal hearing.
Old 04-03-2017, 18:24   #265
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
There is no reference to "crawl to work" on the Metro website or anywhere else. I did look at the time. At the time there was no sign of what you were going on about.

Where did I say all wheelchairs users? It is a FACT that being in a wheelchair by itself only gives 9 points. That was a result of independent advice given in 2009, ie under Labour.

Further research does indicate that he does suffer from other issues which would get the required 15 points. The loss of legs had been very recent which may be a factor in the original incorrect decision. Still puzzled as to how he got to the stage of having to claim JSA, when a Tribunal hearing would've sorted it out before that stage. You can claim ESA at the assessment rate up until the Tribunal hearing.
I've not looked at the Metro website; this was in the print version.

You said "The reasoning for just 9 points is that many people in wheelchairs DO work, so he could. All that time he would still be receiving the higher rates of DLA mobility or PIP."

I'm not sure if he was on DLA or PIP, not that that's relevant and neither is which Government enacted the points for being in a wheelchair. This is not about trying to score party political points.

The fact remains that this Government, despite what May said and started to do, looks to be continuing their attacks on the most vulnerable in society.

Edit: Just been told that those being told to ring the DLA to PIP conversion line are being kept on hold for over an hour. Yesterday, after being kept waiting for over an hour, people were being told to call back on Monday as the system was down.

Has anyone here experienced this appalling standard of service?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 04-03-2017 at 18:31.
Old 04-03-2017, 20:29   #266
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just been told that those being told to ring the DLA to PIP conversion line are being kept on hold for over an hour. Yesterday, after being kept waiting for over an hour, people were being told to call back on Monday as the system was down.

Has anyone here experienced this appalling standard of service?
2 and a bit hours on hold (I hate Vivaldi now) until the phone battery died. I was trying to request a copy of the Capita Assessor's t̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ report. I had to do it by snailmail in the end, and it arrived after 2 weeks on the last possible posting day of the tribunal request.

I have never typed so much, so fast in my life......
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 21:26   #267
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
2 and a bit hours on hold (I hate Vivaldi now) until the phone battery died. I was trying to request a copy of the Capita Assessor's t̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ report. I had to do it by snailmail in the end, and it arrived after 2 weeks on the last possible posting day of the tribunal request.

I have never typed so much, so fast in my life......
Well when l had to phone them up to make a PIP claim their computers had broken down so they could not start the claim and thus they told me they would phone me back which was of course 2 days later and then l filled in the PIP claim form and thus so far after 6 weeks l have heard nothing from them.
Old 05-03-2017, 13:28   #268
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Different areas have different response times, and ATOS/Capita are claiming large backlogs for the face-to-face interviews. Huge bonuses for the assessors to clear the backlogs of course.
Old 05-03-2017, 14:06   #269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Different areas have different response times, and ATOS/Capita are claiming large backlogs for the face-to-face interviews. Huge bonuses for the assessors to clear the backlogs of course.
Yes l have heard this Taf but l still would have thought they would have given me a update 6 weeks on as l have heard simply nothing thus so far.
Old 05-03-2017, 16:44   #270
Taf
cf.mega poster

The call to assessment letter just appears when you least expect it. A bit like The Spanish Inquisition. Well, a lot like The Spanish Inquisition in many ways.

Are you taking recording equipment (has to be agreed to before the assessment, 2 exact copies to be made at the same time on only cassette or CD, with one copy handed in at the end of the assessment)?