Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-12-2016, 22:45   #2011
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I orderd early this morning to no confirmation email and I cant even see it in my orders as it says we cant show you your orders at the moment nothing is ever as simple as it should be
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2016, 23:48   #2012
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Can't see the point in rushing to get a V6, i'd rather wait a while until the inevitable bugs are sorted out.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 00:23   #2013
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

As a previous trialist, I would say I agree.

Only reason I jumped at it was because I want rid of the refurbished TiVo box which keeps failing.

And VM are doing a promotional offer presently... which may not be available later on, and with 3 boxes it reduced the cost significantly.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:23   #2014
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Just ordered; install on the 19th December. It's a straight swap for my Tivo. I had to move to the new equivalent of M+, but by tweaking my services a bit, saved £4.50 on what I was previously paying. Still getting 100 meg BB and unlimited phone.

They will replace my 1st gen Soperhub, which is in the bedroom, but not move it, as I have Ethernet going to the lounge, which worked perfectly with MRS when I had two Tivos.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:38   #2015
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
True but in saying that, I once unplugged one while moving the room around... then when plugged back in again it wouldn't work any more.
My VHD box has thrown a wobbly several times by getting stuck in the low power standby mode (red symbol only) It had to be unplugged for over a minute to get it to wake up again. Normally never put it in this mode.

The box runs pretty cool and that's always good for the reliability of electronics.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:51   #2016
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My VHD box has thrown a wobbly several times by getting stuck in the low power standby mode (red symbol only) It had to be unplugged for over a minute to get it to wake up again. Normally never put it in this mode.
That's a well-known software fault on the V-HD. There's no fix for it.

It needs a long mains reset because it will run for about 30 seconds on the power stored in the power supply capacitors. If you pull the power lead out of the back of the V-HD instead, it'll reset much quicker.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:54   #2017
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's a well-known software fault on the V-HD. There's no fix for it.

It needs a long mains reset because it will run for about 30 seconds on the power stored in the power supply capacitors. If you pull the power lead out of the back of the V-HD instead, it'll reset much quicker.
Ah, didn't know about that SW fault. Thanks SP. I do pull the plug on the back because the power block is buried behind the big telly in the snake pit on the floor.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:17   #2018
mackemsrule
Inactive

mackemsrule is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
They didn't give you a Manned Installation credit..
Phoned them back up today and spoke to someone else, she said the price was correct. I mentioned that others had only paid £64 after having manned install credit applied but she said I'd already got £50 credit for the box being on XL tv to take it from £99 to £49 and it was £40 install and £14.99 activation she went off to check and came back and said that was the correct price
mackemsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:20   #2019
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Oh yes, VM are very good at agreeing to something and not doing it.

When it doesn't happen, you are made out to be a liar as "there's no notes on the account to verify what you are saying".

So a member of staff agrees to do something, doesn't do it or make any notes and then you are effectively called a liar.

I had this the other day about a refer a friend incentive from five years ago.

The Indian call centre told me that it had finally been sorted out, yet when I rang to see where the credit was, well....you can guess the rest.

This is the second time that i've referred a friend and the second time that i've had a problem taking years to resolve. I won't be doing it again and urge others not to bother.

They seem to take on the new customer and then not want to pay the incentive.

This goes directly against the WEEE directive:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/waste/waste-electrical.htm

There are plenty of places that will recycle old electrical equipment if you wish to do so.

IIRC this 'activation fee' nonsense started when mobile phone companies started doing it.

Sky then cottoned on, followed by Virgin Media.

It's simply a way to extract money for nothing from customers.
Sorry the wording of my post wasn't quite correct. They didn't tell me to put the VHD boxes in the bin, they said I could "dispose" of them.

Guess that means I can take the boxes to my local recycling centre and dispose of it correctly.

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
Phoned them back up today and spoke to someone else, she said the price was correct. I mentioned that others had only paid £64 after having manned install credit applied but she said I'd already got £50 credit for the box being on XL tv to take it from £99 to £49 and it was £40 install and £14.99 activation she went off to check and came back and said that was the correct price
Not sure what has happened there then mate. Mine and a few others here had their manned installed credited.

I'm on VIP package, not sure if you are on same package on not, but that could be a factor...Just a guess though
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:53   #2020
JohnWB
Inactive

Services: Two V6 boxes, 200meg BB
JohnWB is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the height and width of the V6 box. The sizes quoted in various places don't match the pictures.
JohnWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:01   #2021
mackemsrule
Inactive

mackemsrule is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
S
Not sure what has happened there then mate. Mine and a few others here had their manned installed credited.

I'm on VIP package, not sure if you are on same package on not, but that could be a factor...Just a guess though
I'm on top TV package and 150mb Broadband, at least i'm getting a free upgrade to 200mb as well
mackemsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:05   #2022
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Just ordered; install on the 19th December. It's a straight swap for my Tivo. I had to move to the new equivalent of M+, but by tweaking my services a bit, saved £4.50 on what I was previously paying. Still getting 100 meg BB and unlimited phone.

They will replace my 1st gen Soperhub, which is in the bedroom, but not move it, as I have Ethernet going to the lounge, which worked perfectly with MRS when I had two Tivos.
passingbat how did you do it? This is EXACTLY what i want but i keep being told my package will go up and being told its hundreds of quid for installation.

Ive already emailed the CEO complaining since ive 8 different people now and 8 different quotes!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:08   #2023
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Just ordered my 2 boxes, being installed in January. They said I'd get an email confirmation but I have not received that yet. How quick should it come through? Just want to make sure it all went through properly!
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:22   #2024
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people aren't getting the e-mails at the moment (possibly due to volume of orders)
Having said that I recently upgraded to 200mb broadband and it still took 3-4 days for the e-mail confirmation to come through.
Ordered the Tuesday evening, e-mail didn't arrive until late Sunday evening.

I got my v6 boxes ordered, but only after been told 3 different prices, twice being told my contract would go up.
After 2 hours with the online chat I finally got a price in line with other people £114 for 2 boxes and no contract increase.
Not being installed until Jan though
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:27   #2025
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackemsrule View Post
I'm on top TV package and 150mb Broadband, at least i'm getting a free upgrade to 200mb as well

Definitely should have got it for 64.95 then . And then should have got a discount on your install to bring it down to that price
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote