Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2016, 17:07   #1216
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Strange how noone cares that Putin helped to elect Trump as POTUS ...

Strange times indeed
Nothing strange about it. Despite the relaxed gun laws over in the US, I strongly doubt 63 Million people had a gun to their head by the hands of a Russian, forcing them to vote for Trump.

I think people are forgetting Crooked Hillary's audio recording from 10 years ago of her suggesting the US should have done 'something' to rig the Palestine Elections in 2006....

Let me jog your memories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
This could also be potentially damaging for her:-

Audio Emerges of Hillary Clinton Proposing Rigging Palestine Election in 2006 - New York Observer.

She's heard saying...

“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”
The US wanting to influence foreign Elections, surely not...

Second little chestnut....

The current interfering President, known as Barack Obama, coming over here prior to our own June 23rd referendum and blackmailing us, in to voting Remain, or else we be back at the trading queue. I call this interfering in a foreign referendum/Election, it should never have been allowed.

So while you got some in the US saying the Russians influenced the outcome of the Election...Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind, oh and that word beginning with H for

Hypocrisy !!!
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2016, 17:58   #1217
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Second little chestnut....

The current interfering President, known as Barack Obama, coming over here prior to our own June 23rd referendum and blackmailing us, in to voting Remain, or else we be back at the trading queue. I call this interfering in a foreign referendum/Election, it should never have been allowed.

So while you got some in the US saying the Russians influenced the outcome of the Election...Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind, oh and that word beginning with H for

Hypocrisy !!!
That's quite different from if the US hacked one of our parties.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Propaganda? I think you'll find it was the Hollywood/Media "machine" that did that. All the Russians are even accused of, is EXPOSING the TRUTH. Who was responsible for what was exposed as being the truth? Clue: It wasn't the Russians.
Well Russia selectively revealed the truth didn't they? No RNC e-mails got released (although the FBI do believe they were hacked).
Old 21-12-2016, 18:02   #1218
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well Russia selectively revealed the truth didn't they? No RNC e-mails got released (although the FBI do believe they were hacked).
If they were truly being selective then they wouldn't have even bothered trying to get the Republican e-mails.

This all assumes that revealing it had any real effect on the Democrat votes.
Old 21-12-2016, 18:05   #1219
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If they were truly being selective then they wouldn't have even bothered trying to get the Republican e-mails.
Well they might prove useful now they're in the White House wouldn't it?
Old 21-12-2016, 18:13   #1220
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

The anti-elite mission is going well:

Trump's Cabinet picks have more wealth than third of American households combined
Old 21-12-2016, 18:46   #1221
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That's a good thing, means they cannot be bought.

Next weak leftie argument please ?
Old 21-12-2016, 18:47   #1222
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
i understand mike pence is changing his name to mike Billionbucks so he fits in .
Old 21-12-2016, 18:55   #1223
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
That's a good thing, means they cannot be bought.

Next weak leftie argument please ?
Take your "I love Trump" glasses off for a moment. He is just swapping one elite for another
Old 21-12-2016, 19:27   #1224
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Take your "I love Trump" glasses off for a moment. He is just swapping one elite for another
I don't have those glasses sorry, nor do I love Trump so keep your dunce hat to yourself. I am however, glad she, the crooked one, did not win and that's the difference.

Quote:
That's quite different from if the US hacked one of our parties.
I like how you completely ignored the point about Hillary trying to suggest they should have rigged the Palestine Elections back in 2006, so they could determine who was going to win, why is this any different to the so called accusations of foreign nations trying to influence the 2016 US Elections ?

(Clue: it is no different.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Did 63 Million Americans get held up a gun point when they were casting their vote for Trump back on November 8th ? Majority of these Americans had made up their mind up, even IF there was an attempt by the Russians or any other foreign entity to influence the Election, which I just don't buy that there was.
Old 21-12-2016, 20:22   #1225
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I like how you completely ignored the point about Hillary trying to suggest they should have rigged the Palestine Elections back in 2006, so they could determine who was going to win, why is this any different to the so called accusations of foreign nations trying to influence the 2016 US Elections ?

(Clue: it is no different.)
No it isn't too different. I expect America to push for what is in their interests just as I am not surprised Russia are pushing for theirs. My objection is that I consider America and the West in general as the force I would want to be successful. So I think we should be dismayed and push back against Russian involvement and am against people defending Russia or, as is the case in parts of Europe, political parties seeking their help.
Old 21-12-2016, 20:32   #1226
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Western Countries are all Saints and they do not hack anyone. Laugh.
Old 21-12-2016, 20:49   #1227
OhReally

Quote:
Also the FBI and the CIA.
Yes, and we ALL believe everything they say don't we?

Old 21-12-2016, 20:53   #1228
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Yes, and we ALL believe everything they say don't we?
I believe them over the Kremlin
Old 21-12-2016, 20:54   #1229
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Western Countries are all Saints and they do not hack anyone. Laugh.
Like when they had elections to ensure democracy and Hamas won. All of a sudden we weren't prepared to accept the winner.

Our governments are true hypocrites "let's have an election and if we like the winner it's democracy in action, if not let's have another one"

Old 22-12-2016, 19:26   #1230
RizzyKing

There is little doubt that both Russia and China are involved in very dubious internet shenanigans but so are we in the west we are not angels and to suggest that because the west is the lesser of two evils doesn't make our activities any less acceptable then Russia and China's. Any outside involvement in trying to influence the US presidential election is a serious escalation of those activities and Russia had a lot more to gain by a trump victory then a clinton one. Personally i also believe a trump victory was preferable to a clinton one but that victory has to be legitimate and pass any and all scrutiny so any chance that Russia played a part must be investigated to a complete conclusion.

Closed Thread