Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 30-11-2016, 12:05   #1531
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Game-changing Virgin TV launch

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...h/ba-p/3269538
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2016, 12:10   #1532
jcm193
cf.addict

jcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enough

As a customer with a foot in both camps having a sky Q Silver, virgin broadband, telephone and a Tivo, I have to say am disappointed with the V6, yes its 4K but only for YouTube and netfllix I get that on my Samsung smart tv. Virgin should be negotiating carriage deals for before releasing a 4K capable box to its customers
jcm193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:11   #1533
MisterQ

£299 for a tablet to watch tv. WOW. Game changer.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:17   #1534
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I'm on VIP - £50 is a lot better than I though it would be, great news.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:24   #1535
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
Virgin should be negotiating carriage deals for before releasing a 4K capable box to its customers
Why?

Sky Q was launched without any 4K content, and it took months before any appeared as far as I'm aware and also required a software update.

V6 will launch with access to Netflix 4K from day one, and I'm sure that there will be additional 4K deals coming next year.

But at the moment most of the UK generated 4K content is from Sky and BT, who have their own 4K services that they want to use that content to promote.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:26   #1536
jcm193
cf.addict

jcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enoughjcm193 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Why?

Sky Q was launched without any 4K content, and it took months before any appeared as far as I'm aware and also required a software update.

V6 will launch with access to Netflix 4K from day one, and I'm sure that there will be additional 4K deals coming next year.

But at the moment most of the UK generated 4K content is from Sky and BT, who have their own 4K services that they want to use that content to promote.
I understand that but that 4K content is available now it would of been nice if virgin could of brought it to its customers in one shape or another
jcm193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:28   #1537
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Because that content is Sky and BT exclusive as far as I'm aware.

Virgin Media don't have any option of showing it as Sky and BT want to keep it for their own services.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:36   #1538
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I saw in a few posts above that other 4K programming would be coming soon, so I guess they are working on it.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:38   #1539
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
£299 for a tablet to watch tv. WOW. Game changer.
The concept is a bit of a game changer but I think the price will put off the target market.....cheaper to buy a bog standard tablet or even a 2nd tv.

I fear this will be an opportunity missed.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:42   #1540
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Because that content is Sky and BT exclusive as far as I'm aware.

Virgin Media don't have any option of showing it as Sky and BT want to keep it for their own services.
Indeed Virgin can only negotiate when the other party involved wants to do it.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:44   #1541
DiveSheep

According to David Bouchier:
"Do we see a significant demand sitting here in 2016 for a large amount of 4K programming by the majority of our subscriber base? No we don't.
We would quite happily put the 4K football matches on if we felt that this was something that our customers were saying."
VM, I want 4K football matches, and I want it now (well, when V6 box actually launches)!
Old 30-11-2016, 12:44   #1542
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I'm on VIP - £50 is a lot better than I though it would be, great news.
Indeed, for that im going to be ditching all 3 of my refurbished TiVo boxes.

The last one has proved to be a load of rubbish and keeps failing because its 2nd hand and virgin keeps putting suspicion on me... in lounge had 2 this year so far! original one lasted since launch in 2012, and other new box has also been nothing but reliable.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 12:46   #1543
MisterQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
The concept is a bit of a game changer but I think the price will put off the target market.....cheaper to buy a bog standard tablet or even a 2nd tv.

I fear this will be an opportunity missed.
No doubt it will be like smartphones, where only a very limited range of tablets will work with proper functionality.
Old 30-11-2016, 12:47   #1544
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveSheep View Post
According to David Bouchier:
"Do we see a significant demand sitting here in 2016 for a large amount of 4K programming by the majority of our subscriber base? No we don't.
We would quite happily put the 4K football matches on if we felt that this was something that our customers were saying."
VM, I want 4K football matches, and I want it now (well, when V6 box actually launches)!
Yes mate, I want 4K football matches too. I'm greedy, I'd like 4K movies too lol
Old 30-11-2016, 12:47   #1545
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

And how much extra per month would you be willing to pay for 4K Football, because there is no way I can see that it would be an inclusive addition to any of the current bundle options.