Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Neighbours installation fubars my cable!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Basingstoke install no show

Old 30-09-2010, 21:13   #1
haggis_muncher
Inactive

haggis_muncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Basingstoke install no show

As the title says really, was supposed to have Virgin installed today between 1pm and 6pm.

6.30pm comes and i get on the phone to the install team and end up speaking to some overseas chap, who frankly is a waste of time.

Get back on the phone, choose cancellations this time and after getting the choice of what music to listen to (how flaming mad is that) i speak to another lady who promptly transfers me back overseas only this time i have no music choice but am informed of a 19 minute wait /phone/slam/kick cat!!

Sorry for venting but i have lost a half days holiday over this and will probably just phone up and cancel tomorrow
haggis_muncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2010, 21:24   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Basingstoke install no show

Do that ... they may offer you a sweetener to stay though.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 00:59   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis_muncher View Post
As the title says really, was supposed to have Virgin installed today between 1pm and 6pm.

6.30pm comes and i get on the phone to the install team and end up speaking to some overseas chap, who frankly is a waste of time.

Get back on the phone, choose cancellations this time and after getting the choice of what music to listen to (how flaming mad is that) i speak to another lady who promptly transfers me back overseas only this time i have no music choice but am informed of a 19 minute wait /phone/slam/kick cat!!

Sorry for venting but i have lost a half days holiday over this and will probably just phone up and cancel tomorrow
Sorry to hear that

I take it you have given VM a valid contact number? If so then there is no excuse for not contacting you if there was a problem.

Call just after 8am to speak to Customer Care and hopefully it can be sorted out for you.

Let us know how you get on.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 19:34   #4
haggis_muncher
Inactive

Quick update, Virgin had 2 contact numbers for me, but phoned this afternoon and cancelled.
Apparently there were construction issues which entailed a 4-5 week wait.
Cheers
Old 01-10-2010, 19:38   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sounds like the duct is blocked, meaning they will have to excavate before they can pull a cable through for you.

They should still have made a better effort at phoning you though. If they had two numbers, presumably one of them would have reached you?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 20:23   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis_muncher View Post
Quick update, Virgin had 2 contact numbers for me, but phoned this afternoon and cancelled.
Apparently there were construction issues which entailed a 4-5 week wait.
Cheers
Well, you should have been called and updated then

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sounds like the duct is blocked, meaning they will have to excavate before they can pull a cable through for you.

They should still have made a better effort at phoning you though. If they had two numbers, presumably one of them would have reached you?
Yeah, sounds like it is.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 20:59   #7
haggis_muncher
Inactive

Thanks guys, if Virgin had phoned me it would have been annoying but i would have understood the reasons but lack of communication is very poor in my book.

Just fyi i originally gave them 2 dates for the install and they changed it to this week meaning i had to take a half days holiday (i work shifts).

Yesterday i was on the phone for approx 20 mins today 25 mins, cs is in my opinion shocking/non-existent.

I now need to contact O2, BT & Sky to cancel the cancellations that are in process.

Funnily enough i will probably try and join Virgin again but will leave it until after crimbo to let the dust settle,
and this time i would take one service at a time.

From my point of view Virgin have lost out on a minimum of £650 or so over the next 12 months but then again i am only one little customer.

Anyway hopefully my refund will come through for 2 box activation fees.

Cheers
Old 21-03-2011, 21:24   #8
haggis_muncher
Inactive

Unhappy Re: Basingstoke install no show

Bump, am once again trying to get Virgin installed.
Was supposed to be installed tomorrow but has been delayed
until next week due to engineers being overbooked.
At least they sent me a text message this time to contact CS.

Virgin seem quite determined not to take my money
Old 21-03-2011, 22:35   #9
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

If the construction issue wasn't resolved before then your going to have the same issue with a second install slot by the sounds of it. Keep us posted.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 23:52   #10
haggis_muncher
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
If the construction issue wasn't resolved before then your going to have the same issue with a second install slot by the sounds of it. Keep us posted.
Yep agree about the construction issue, am fully expecting this install to take an eternity,
as long as i am informed of any delays to save taking holiday i will be reasonablly happy.
Also wont cancel any services until i am actually fully installed.
Cheers