Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brawl at Bluewater shopping centre after 'paedophile hunters' confront man

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brawl at Bluewater shopping centre after 'paedophile hunters' confront man

Old 17-04-2017, 19:32   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Brawl at Bluewater shopping centre after 'paedophile hunters' confront man

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-...rs-attack-man/

I know what my feelings are on this. Any further comments
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2017, 19:50   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Child groomers caught

Good!
Old 17-04-2017, 19:56   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I was watching this live on Facebook. I have no sympathy for the guy but those lads did the wrong thing.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:00   #4
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

You can't take the law into your own hands, no matter how much you'd like to or how much they may deserve it.
Old 17-04-2017, 20:13   #5
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yup. The other people certainly have no idea if this guy is guilty or not (not that violence should be used anyway) and have reacted to the accusation alone. It's obviously an emotional crime but we can't have people attacking someone whose accused of something like that.

There was someone who had some learning difficulty and had a run in with a neighbour, that neighbour then spread a rumour he was a paedophile, he was beaten to death eventually despite his many pleas to the police for help as the violence and threats escalated.

Let the police do their jobs.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:32   #6
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Sorry, not a fan of vigilante mob justice.

Seems to me Facebook live is attracting people wanting fame for the wrong reasons.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 20:42   #7
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I am glad that the comments are some good, and some bad.

I would like to point out one thing. I am NOT in favour of this vigilantly stuff. But l believe that there is a group, that do this. BUT, work alongside a certain Police force that do turn up and arrest the person.

And remember it could be a man or woman.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 21:18   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm of the same opinion as the posts above. Yes, it is good that a child groomer is off the streets. I don't agree with vigilantism though. It's too easy for people to go off half cocked and catch the wrong person. Plus, if someone is a peadophile, gets beaten up and dies, their punishment is quick. Even if they don't die, they may be in hospital a few days, get out and offend again. In either case, their victims will be suffering for years.

The final problem is there are (with good reason) laws controlling how the Police handle interrogations and suspects. Evidence obtained using methods that don't conform to these rules is often illegal, so therefore inadmissable. Any defence lawyer who is half way decent at his or her job may well be able to use this to reduce the sentence, or even get the case thrown out.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 12:26   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Brawl at Bluewater shopping centre after 'paedophile hunters' confront man

vigilantism is NOT the right way to get things done at all.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:47   #10
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
vigilantism is NOT the right way to get things done at all.
I think it depends on what people define vigilantism as. If it's a case of luring a person somewhere to attack them or to a place that would allow an attack to take place then I agree although I understand the rage and emotion that usually fuels it.

However in a situation where a person is tricked in to meeting a decoy with no violence or perceived threats (similar to how Stinson Hunter's stings) so they can be arrested or similarly dealt with by the authorities, I'd say that's not too far detached in principle from giving a tip-off etc to the police.

For a long time I was uncomfortable with these types of groups given how unregulated they were. Again I understand the anger etc but the way they'd corner someone,shouting and screaming "nonce" etc at them, that's not the way to be taken seriously and although many criticise how long it takes for them to turn up they really need the police to feel like they can be relied upon and trusted.

More and more 'refined' and productive hunter groups are popping up where they arrange stings but keep their calm when confronting the groomer and refrain from shouting abuse and aggression. IMO that's the right way to do it.

Incidentally the group behind the Bluewater incident have said they're now thinking of closing down their activities. At the very least they're no longer broadcasting live on Facebook.
Old 19-04-2017, 09:08   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It is still vigilantism as they are trying to take the law in to their own hands. Whether there is violence or not.
Old 19-04-2017, 09:21   #12
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

those who do this want looking into this is turning into an unhealthy fad .it's just mob justice we have a perfectly good police force it's their job to track down pedophiles and they have the resource to do it right .
Old 19-04-2017, 10:53   #13
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
More and more 'refined' and productive hunter groups are popping up where they arrange stings but keep their calm when confronting the groomer and refrain from shouting abuse and aggression. IMO that's the right way to do it.
The problem with this approach is that they're still producing it for public consumption. There is a level of status that they seek that comes with busting paedos, the more paedophiles they bust then the bigger the status and fame. This creates an incentive to to get as many as possible which risks them going after less airtight cases, leading people on, and generally doing things that a court might see as entrapment. Generally I don't see this kind of thing being produced for an audience as anything other than unhealthy.

If people are doing this I would rather a funded group, doing it private, in consultation with the police. If there were a managed scheme from the police or NSPCC then that would be much better IMO.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 23:10   #14
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
we have a perfectly good police force it's their job to track down pedophiles and they have the resource to do it right .
I think that even the police would disagree with you on those points.
Old 20-04-2017, 07:48   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If people are doing this I would rather a funded group, doing it private, in consultation with the police. If there were a managed scheme from the police or NSPCC then that would be much better IMO.
Oh absolutely - but likely due to funding there isn't such a group at the moment.