Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Schedule - Summer 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Schedule - Summer 2017

Old 21-07-2016, 13:09   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
TV Schedule - Summer 2017

UPDATE: The long awaited update for summer is finally here. This is a minor update as the summer season (May-July) is the smallest of the year compared to the "Fall" schedule (August onwards) and New Year. I will be making additions and little changes over the next month or so as you leave messages asking for series to be added to the list but the biggest update of the year will be in July where we start fresh for the new Fall tv season.

The list is in chronological order although I am listing new series separately so they stand out and you can give them greater consideration if you are looking for something new to seek your teeth in to. This is by no means an exhaustive list of every series in existence and is only the series which I watch/will be watching. In the event that I have missed something out or you would like to see something added to the list please say so and I'll do my best to get it added.

Returning Series

Prison Break season 5 - Tuesday 4th March
12 Monkeys season 3 - Friday 19th May
Fear the Walking Dead season 3 - Sunday 4th June
Dark Matter season 3 - Friday 9th June
Wynonna Earp season 2 - Friday 9th June
The Last Ship - season 4 - Sunday 18th June
Zoo season 3 - Thursday 28th June
Killjoys season 3 - Wednesday 31st June
Game of Thrones season 7 - Sunday 16th July
The Strain season 4 - Sunday 16th July

New Series

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) - Thursday 16th March
Danny Rand returns to New York City, after being presumed dead for 15 years, to reclaim his family company from Harold Meachum and his children Ward Meachum and Joy Meachum. When a threat emerges, Rand must choose between his family's legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.

The White Princess - Sunday 16th April
The story of Elizabeth of York, the White Queen's daughter, and her marriage to the Lancaster victor, Henry VII which sees England ostensibly united, but their individual and partisan rift runs deep, and the war that furies between them portends to tear the kingdom apart again.

Genius - Tuesday 25th April
Anthology series about famous geniuses with the first season charting how Einstein-an imaginative, rebellious patent clerk, who couldn't get a teaching job or a doctorate-unlocked the mysteries of the atom and the universe.

The Handmaid's Tale- Wednesday 26th April
Facing environmental disasters and a plunging birthrate, the dystopia of Gilead is ruled by a twisted fundamentalism in its militarized 'return to traditional values'. As one of the few remaining fertile women, Offred is a Handmaid in the Commander's household, one of the caste of women forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate the world.
In this terrifying society, Offred must navigate between Commanders, their cruel Wives, domestic Marthas, and her fellow Handmaids - where anyone could be a spy for Gilead - all with one goal: to survive and find the daughter that was taken from her.

Year Million - Monday 15th May
Explore what it will be like to be human one million years into the future. Today's brightest futurists, scientists, scholars and notable science fiction writers guide viewers through the very latest advances in technology, ideas and innovations that likely will power the evolution of our species.

Twin Peaks - Sunday 21st May
Picks up 25 years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town are stunned when their homecoming queen is murdered.

Blood Drive - Wednesday 14th June
Get uncomfortable! In the tradition of classic grindhouse movies, BLOOD DRIVE is a new series soaked in high-octane chaos and just barely approved for television. After Los Angeles' last good cop is forced to join a twisted cross-country death race, his only hope of survival is a dangerous femme fatale who has the need for speed. Oh, and forget gasoline... these cars run on human blood!

The Mist - Thursday 22nd June
A small town family is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. Family, friends and adversaries become strange bedfellows, battling the mysterious mist and its threats, fighting to maintain morality and sanity as the rules of society break down.

Salvation - Wednesday 12th July
An MIT grad student and a tech superstar bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.

Midnight, Texas - Sunday 24th July
Midnight is a safe haven for those who are different, but with the presence of outsiders, the residents band together and form a strong and unlikely family

Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix) - Thursday 17th August
'Marvel's The Defenders' follows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A quartet of singular heroes with one common goal - to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.

Star Trek Discovery - eta TBC

Last edited by General Maximus; 13-06-2017 at 00:11. Reason: added Wynonna Earp and Killjoys
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2016, 14:53   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Fall 2016/2017 TV Schedule

Looking forward to many of those coming back and also a few new series. Lethal weapon does look like it might be fun and Frequency might be good as I do like the original movie version as well.
Old 21-07-2016, 18:06   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Stranger things looks interesting, fills the void the X-files and Fringe have left. Frequency and Timeless interest me too.

Anything on Lucifer s2 and Legends of tomorrow/Justice society? Excited for The Flash: Flashpoint. Must have missed the 5 other seasons of The Expanse haha. Didn't spot that at first.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-07-2016 at 18:12.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 18:21   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I will need to check out Stranger Things. I forgot it is on Netflix.
Old 21-07-2016, 18:35   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Pretty high ratings and a full seasons availability because of its Netflix status. That's that added to my list.
Old 21-07-2016, 20:27   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Anything on Lucifer s2 and Legends of tomorrow/Justice society?
I can't stand LoT, I think it is one of the worst series every made. I know many forum members enjoy though and in the interests of fairness I will add it to the list. One of the admins is looking into giving me privileges for this thread so I can keep it up to date.

Quote:
Must have missed the 5 other seasons of The Expanse haha. Didn't spot that at first.
Arse, I read your post twice and wondered what you was on about and I have just clicked
Old 21-07-2016, 20:46   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I can't stand LoT, I think it is one of the worst series every made. I know many forum members enjoy though and in the interests of fairness I will add it to the list. One of the admins is looking into giving me privileges for this thread so I can keep it up to date.

Arse, I read your post twice and wondered what you was on about and I have just clicked
Wasn't that impressed by the first season of it but typically the ending and justice society cross will force me to watch it again

Still one can hope they bin Hawkgirl and Ray palmer along with their ridiculously bad love Triangle.

She's with Cisco Ramon before ditching him with little issue to run off with her true soulmate before he ends up dying and she then hooks up with Ray and loves him just as easily. Then that turns into an awkward mess.

In other words whomever wrote that awful love story wants sacked. There was no need for a forced love plot.
Old 22-07-2016, 03:58   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Many thanks to Paul, I have got magical editing powers for my posts and can make adjustments going forward. I'll look into Lucifer etc and update accordingly when I am more awake later on today
Old 22-07-2016, 05:49   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I will need to check out Stranger Things. I forgot it is on Netflix.
Pretty brilliant from the few I've just watched. Great mix of horror and mystery with paranormal elements thrown in. Great bit of X-files style conspiracy in there too. Surprisingly unpredictable too.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:57   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Pretty brilliant from the few I've just watched. Great mix of horror and mystery with paranormal elements thrown in. Great bit of X-files style conspiracy in there too. Surprisingly unpredictable too.
Might save it till I am off work for a couple of weeks. Surgery recovery time so will need plenty to watch.
Old 22-07-2016, 12:35   #11
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Anything on NCIS Los Angeles please?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 18:50   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Just done an update so check the list for additions. Westworld is coming out in October as well but I can't find an airdate for it yet. Looks very good though, I saw a trailer for it at the cinema last night in front of Star Trek.
Old 30-07-2016, 01:34   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Lucifer S2 trailer showed during comic con. Looks almighty similar to a hit and miss season 1 and I know its only a trailer but the general thought is if it delves right back into a dull cop procedural and fails to explore the massive supernatural element it has then it'll be DOA and an absolute miracle if it somehow makes a third season. Great idea for a show being executed awfully.

I finished Stranger things anyway. Brilliant from start to end. More like an 8 hour movie than individual episodes. Absolute quality casting for both Adults and Children.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:48   #14
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

South Park returns for its 20th Season on the 14th September. 20 seasons, having seen every episode I'm starting to realise how long that is. The direction they've went in lately is new and actually quite good. Still delivering massive moral messages within episodes though.

Expect Trump and Clinton to be destroyed. Then again they've already did Clinton once.
Old 05-10-2016, 22:35   #15
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Flash: Flashpoint (S3) Aired last night.
Lucifer is up to episode 2
Timeless aired Monday
Westworld aired also.
Arrow airs tonight.
Frequency airs tonight.

Credit: General Maximus

For ensuring myself and others aren't scouring google for individual shows all the time

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 05-10-2016 at 22:39.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote