Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | YouTube problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

YouTube problems

Old 27-06-2016, 22:04   #1
krismestry
cf.member

krismestry is an unknown quantity at this point
YouTube problems

My sister had a Tivo box installed a few month's ago.The only fault with it is You Tube.When a video starts to play it stutters for several seconds,freezing unfreezing.After that the video plays alright but every so often will freeze for a split second.Other times a video is about to play then it freezes and the word Loading comes up but it does not load.Trying to load other videos results in the same thing happening.You then solve the problem by going back to normal tv then back to You Tube.I have no problems on my Tivo box with You Tube.
krismestry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2016, 23:11   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TIVO- You Tube problems

Does it do this at any time of day, or does it work OK outside peak usage hours? Usually these type of problems are caused by network congestion in the area, and will be worst in the evenings.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 23:23   #3
krismestry
cf.member

Any time of day.
Old 28-06-2016, 10:12   #4
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough

Mine does the same

The stuttering normally happens at the begining of a video on my tivo

as Spiderplant says evening are the worst
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 10:51   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismestry View Post
Any time of day.
Then she should give the VM faults team a call.
Old 28-06-2016, 22:27   #6
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I watch you tube for music via an app on my smart tv, it so much better than via TiVo
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 11:10   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

We also use the app on the smart TV for youtube content. Fast runup and stutter free at any time of day.
Old 20-03-2017, 18:49   #8
raylove
Inactive

raylove is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also had problems with YouTube stuttering over the last two weeks. Before that it was fine and it happens at any time of the day. I watch Winter Sports via You Tube and I have taken to watching on a phone and connecting to the TV via a wire as the stuttering drives me mad.
The App has always been slow to load and usually starts off at a very poor resolution - this normally catches up and resets after about a minute.
Finally, all Winter I have been unable to rewind on You Tube. I can fast forward, pause etc.. but if I hit the rewind button it kicks me out and sends me off to a screen that I have never seen before. Rewind works fine for normal recordings and live TV - just YouTube causes a problem. If I kick myself out a substantial way into a video, it takes ages to relocate the point I was up to - another reason to watch on the phone connected to the TV ! It's a pain though - would be much better if the App worked. I have a problem of some description for 5 years and every time it's fixed another comes along soon afterwards.
raylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 19:31   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

In my experience, the apps on the old Tivo don't work very well at all (apart from Netflix, which takes at least a full minute to load).

The V6 is what you really need if you use the apps a lot and if you want to avoid a generally sluggish response to every button press.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 21:10   #10
krismestry
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Then she should give the VM faults team a call.
She did and Virgin replaced the Tivo box but in the last week videos playing on You Tube freeze every 15 seconds for one second.This becomes very annoying.
I have now noticed this is happening on my Tivo box.
So is fault to do with Virgin or You Tube?
Old 20-03-2017, 21:41   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The fault is with VM. Even if its network congestion, its a fault and should be reported. Don't accept crap from VM and pay for it. The V6 isn't a solution unless they are providing it for free.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 23:05   #12
krismestry
cf.member

Re: YouTube problems

The You Tube faults are very annoying.Freezing for a second every ten seconds makes it just impossible to watch.Have Virgin found out what is causing it?Are they able to fix this problem and if so when?
Old 07-05-2017, 13:16   #13
REM
Inactive

Services: TV Full House V6 200Mb/s + Telephone
REM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really niceREM is just really nice

I am getting the same. I thought it was because of was starting it video through my phone but even playing just using the Tivo it's the same.

Every 9 seconds it will pause for half a second then continue. It seems to get worse over a 30 minute video then eventually I get the Loading text up. I have to pause it, go back 10 or 20 seconds then press play and it will usually carry on then albeit with the 9 second hiccups still.
REM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 19:02   #14
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

BBC iPlayer was doing it on Friday.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 21:31   #15
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismestry View Post
The You Tube faults are very annoying.Freezing for a second every ten seconds makes it just impossible to watch.Have Virgin found out what is causing it?Are they able to fix this problem and if so when?
The fault is at Google's end. They don't have a forecast for when it'll be fixed.