Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

Old 25-02-2012, 11:47   #1
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD
Smile Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

With all these price rises im not a happy virgin customer i cancelled my broadband few weeks ago to save money

Good timing sky this morning got a letter from sky offering me any TV Package 1/2 price for 12 Months

TV movies sports

so today cancelled everything from Virgin Im going for sky entertainment extra sky sports 1&2 normal price £45 pm Im paying £22.50 not bad

and no Tivo charge £3 or £5
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2012, 11:56   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Goodbuy Virgin Hello Sky

Good luck, hope it works out for you mate.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:00   #3
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

You got to save money were you can especially in these hard times
the customer retention wasn't very present tried to lie to me that sky charge for their Sky + record feature i said they don't he said they do virgin will lie through their teeth didn't offer any deal i said you cant match sky extra sky sports 1 2 3 4 f1 for £22.50
Old 25-02-2012, 13:56   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

In these tough financial times you've got to keep an eye on the pennies. Enjoy your new services.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 14:05   #5
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I like sky

colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 14:13   #6
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I like sky

I m not " Biting" on that one.

Seriously though i hope it works out or you tridens.
Old 25-02-2012, 14:31   #7
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I wish i never left Sky, i canceled and they announced fibre just a few weeks later.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 17:19   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
With all these price rises im not a happy virgin customer i cancelled my broadband few weeks ago to save money

Good timing sky this morning got a letter from sky offering me any TV Package 1/2 price for 12 Months

TV movies sports

so today cancelled everything from Virgin Im going for sky entertainment extra sky sports 1&2 normal price £45 pm Im paying £22.50 not bad

and no Tivo charge £3 or £5
Hope it all goes well mate , keep us posted on how you get on in the Sky thread.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 17:54   #9
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Hope it goes well for you
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:04   #10
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Bye Bye
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:21   #11
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

What's the betting the OP will be on a Sky forum in 12 months time gripeing about how much Sky have put their prices up.

Swings & Roundabouts.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 18:27   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
What's the betting the OP will be on a Sky forum in 12 months time gripeing about how much Sky have put their prices up.

Swings & Roundabouts.
Highly likely l suspect and customers have to remember that Skys price rises will sooner rather then later and don't be surprised if their prices rise more then Virgins.
Old 25-02-2012, 20:07   #13
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Highly likely l suspect and customers have to remember that Skys price rises will sooner rather then later and don't be surprised if their prices rise more then Virgins.
I bet if Sky raise their prices in September, those of us on Sky Premium channels will be facing yet another price rise.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 20:09   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I bet if Sky raise their prices in September, those of us on Sky Premium channels will be facing yet another price rise.
One would expect that to be the case.
Old 25-02-2012, 21:05   #15
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post

Swings & Roundabouts.
But they see new channels for the money.Working apps for sky+ control and a constantly updated epg for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote