Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 06-03-2017, 19:03   #2986
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know about the skip marks, so that's something useful I've learnt.

Cheers
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2017, 11:18   #2987
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
20.5.8.1.rc4-vmb-11-c68
I've woken this morning to find one of my V6s in Stand By and my software version is 20.5.8.RC12-VMB-11-C68 - is this a new update to the code? If so, that may explain how the box woke correctly from Stand By without all that "Welcome ... Willkommen..." delay
nialli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 13:06   #2988
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
my software version is 20.5.8.RC12-VMB-11-C68 - is this a new update to the code?
No, that's the older version, so your box isn't on the pilot for the new update.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:21   #2989
Lunatic Mick
Inactive

Services: XL TV with Sky Sports Package two Tivo V6 Boxes 200mb
Lunatic Mick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if answered before but just had 2 V6 boxes one installed by engineer other self install. Both work fine and connected by WiFi with excellent signal strengths using 2g of around 180mb.
Question is although both boxes see each other for viewing recorded programmes they don't actually play. Screen flashes and v401 shown
Lunatic Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:08   #2990
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Suggest a reboot of them both.
I had a similar issue and ended up rebooting 1 and then they could see each other properly.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:34   #2991
Lunatic Mick
Inactive

Services: XL TV with Sky Sports Package two Tivo V6 Boxes 200mb
Lunatic Mick is an unknown quantity at this point

Did try that a few times without success. Now solved as went to cancel an engineer booked tomorrow for the initial problem self installing which sorted itself out. Mentioned the error V401 to the tech man and he found there is a problem on WiFi if not both boxes connected 5G. Box upstairs within 12 feet of router would not connect to 5G but OK on 2.4G. Tried switching boxes and same fault upstairs. Tried one last attempt at connecting to 5G and it worked also viewing recorded programs without a problem. Many thanks for your reply by the way
Lunatic Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 14:32   #2992
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic Mick View Post
Did try that a few times without success. Now solved as went to cancel an engineer booked tomorrow for the initial problem self installing which sorted itself out. Mentioned the error V401 to the tech man and he found there is a problem on WiFi if not both boxes connected 5G. Box upstairs within 12 feet of router would not connect to 5G but OK on 2.4G. Tried switching boxes and same fault upstairs. Tried one last attempt at connecting to 5G and it worked also viewing recorded programs without a problem. Many thanks for your reply by the way
Yes, wifi can be a bit tricky sometimes. Mine has been working well since the settings on my wifi were changed to 5G.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 17:41   #2993
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No, that's the older version, so your box isn't on the pilot for the new update.
Quick question mate, unrelated to the above reply, I have said on here before that my SH2 is in my spare bedroom which I use as an office etc, it's approx., 10 metres from where my main TV is, I cannot move the SH2, i'm on 200Mb BB, so will the WiFi signal be good enough to operate the V6, or should I buy homeplugs and connect one of them to the V6 for a better signal?

Thanks
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 18:50   #2994
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Quick question mate, unrelated to the above reply, I have said on here before that my SH2 is in my spare bedroom which I use as an office etc, it's approx., 10 metres from where my main TV is, I cannot move the SH2, i'm on 200Mb BB, so will the WiFi signal be good enough to operate the V6, or should I buy homeplugs and connect one of them to the V6 for a better signal?
Sorry, there's no way I can predict that. It depends on lots of things like the thickness of the walls and what other wi-fi networks are in the area.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 23:23   #2995
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a couple of boxes installed today - very pleased! Well worth the £50.

I've programmed the remote to control TV (Samsung) volume but I cannot press and hold as I can on the previous remote. Not the end of the world but is a bit frustrating having to press and release. Is this everyone's experience?
knack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 23:50   #2996
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Maybe try another code. Sometimes more than one code will do similar things but with slightly different behaviour.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:36   #2997
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if a reboot would help, I guess I should have tried, but I've noticed on the V6 in the bedroom the mini guide is really slow. Takes a few seconds to change up or down a channel. Has anyone else found this?

Everything else works super fast, apart from this one bit....odd.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:51   #2998
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I don't know if a reboot would help, I guess I should have tried, but I've noticed on the V6 in the bedroom the mini guide is really slow. Takes a few seconds to change up or down a channel. Has anyone else found this?

I would try a re-boot first of all, then you will know if you have a problem. It's not one that I've encountered, to be honest.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 13:33   #2999
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would try a re-boot first of all, then you will know if you have a problem. It's not one that I've encountered, to be honest.
Cheers OB, yeah I'll give it a re-boot when I get home this evening. It's not the end of the world, just an annoying little thing lol.

The one in the living room works fine.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 21:24   #3000
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

This happened to me recently and a reboot fixed it.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote