Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 11-12-2016, 11:14   #2266
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You do realise that whilst the Sky Q app allows streaming of all channels in the home to mobile/tablet devices it does not allow downloading of recordings from every channel , rights restrictions apply to Sky just the same as VM.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2016, 11:54   #2267
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
does not allow downloading of recordings from every channel , rights restrictions apply to Sky just the same as VM.

That's what I was trying to establish. Do you know if Sky allow more than VM?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:03   #2268
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Personally, I don't care, why would you watch on a tiny 7 or 10 inch screen with a 42 incher sitting in the corner.

But seeing as they are touting this as part of the "biggest revolution in tv history", shows what a hollow pointless claim that it is. Especially as apparently according to earlier posts you can't even stream anything you like from V6 to V6 (or did I misread that?)

If you can't view ANY recording on another device then what's the point?
60% of youngsters already watch TV on a phone, tablet or laptop
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:25   #2269
tazted2001
Inactive

tazted2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It doesn't say that it's a "scart socket" it says "scart". This is how Now TV's white box works - a small socket which can receive have an adapter cable plugged into it and then the other end of the cable goes into a scart socket in the TV.
In the case of the V6 though, it appears this functionality has been disabled anyway!
Hi, any idea how we enable the scart out, so I can use my modulator please
tazted2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:15   #2270
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
But then Virgin Media aren't just catering for you are they ?
People are responding, as requested, on their personal feelings, not their general beliefs so no need to criticise their thoughts.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:42   #2271
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
People are responding, as requested, on their personal feelings, not their general beliefs so no need to criticise their thoughts.
Personal feelings don't represent VM's thought process on what they offer customers so I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

Streaming to mobiles/tablets and downloading to device is a much requested feature hence why it's adopted by many pay TV provider's around the world.

Last edited by muppetman11; 11-12-2016 at 13:45.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:44   #2272
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
How do people here feel bout not being able to download the majority of shows to tablets
You must have missed the fact that people have been responding to this post.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:46   #2273
bantamboy
Inactive

bantamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking to replace my secondary VHD box with a V6. The existing Tivo is next to the hub, so ethernet connected. Just done a WiFi speed check upstairs where I'd want the V6 and I'm downloading at 45-50meg and uploading at 15-20. Would this be strong enough to connect the boxes or would I need to powerline or WiFi boost upstairs?
bantamboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:50   #2274
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You must have missed the fact that people have been responding to this post.
Ha ha I did actually but my reply was more in response to Old Boys comment which in my opinion insinuated that wanting to take content with you on the go was a little over the top. Don't forget many use the download feature to fill the commute to work , going away on holiday etc. It's something I rarely use however its nice to know it's avaliable , Netflix must think it's important enough as they've just added the functionality.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 14:31   #2275
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantamboy View Post
I'm looking to replace my secondary VHD box with a V6. The existing Tivo is next to the hub, so ethernet connected. Just done a WiFi speed check upstairs where I'd want the V6 and I'm downloading at 45-50meg and uploading at 15-20. Would this be strong enough to connect the boxes or would I need to powerline or WiFi boost upstairs?
That sounds fine
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 15:25   #2276
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We don't download to tablets so it will make diddly squat difference.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Indeed TV providers would be pretty foolish if they just catered for a certain section of their TV customer base.
I agree but not allowing any sky TV channels to download to tablets is not a good idea

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
That's what I was trying to establish. Do you know if Sky allow more than VM?
Well I do know for a fact they show all sky non premium channels unlike virgin

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

If you get back home, midway through a show you recorded to your phone via cellular data or wifi, don’t worry about it not being on the Sky Q box. You’ll be able to access content stored on the phone via the Sky Q box too. The result should be an ability to start on one device and continue on another seamlessly no matter where it’s recorded.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

. Sky claims its Ultra HD service will be 'the UK’s most comprehensive' including sports, movies, and entertainment.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Sky Q 4K content will include 124 live Premier League games, every Formula 1 race in 2017, 70 movies including Spectre and The Revenant, 30 hours of natural history and new dramas such as The Blacklist
Old 11-12-2016, 16:10   #2277
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

What Sky can show and what VM can show will be down the rights holders, not necessarily Sky and VM.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:12   #2278
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I agree but not allowing any sky TV channels to download to tablets is not a good idea

Well I do know for a fact they show all sky non premium channels unlike virgin
Why did you expect otherwise; Sky are in competition with VM

Quote:
Sky claims its Ultra HD service will be 'the UK’s most comprehensive' including sports, movies, and entertainment.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Sky Q 4K content will include 124 live Premier League games, every Formula 1 race in 2017, 70 movies including Spectre and The Revenant, 30 hours of natural history and new dramas such as The Blacklist

If you want the latest and greatest content, as has been said many times before, move to Sky
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 16:18   #2279
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why did you expect otherwise; Sky are in competition with VM

If you want the latest and greatest content, as has been said many times before, move to Sky
Yeah I agree but we pay for these channels and sky shouldn't be allowed to restrict our recordings from v6 to tablet that's wrong
Old 11-12-2016, 16:32   #2280
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Sky claims its Ultra HD service will be 'the UK’s most comprehensive' including sports, movies, and entertainment.
Yes, well it would be as it denies some of its output to other platforms!

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Quote:
Yeah I agree but we pay for these channels and sky shouldn't be allowed to restrict our recordings from v6 to tablet that's wrong
In the same way as they shouldn't deny Sky Atlantic to other platforms. This is the nature of Sky, unfortunately.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote