Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 05-05-2016, 11:20   #2986
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am so sorry to hear of this terribly sad news TD and you have my sincere condolences as its never nice to lose someone you know.
It's not..

When I started my current job, one of my then colleagues actually told me the only reason the Uni could afford to employ me is that his colleague had died of cancer a few weeks before I started. I felt awful, as I knew the guy as a student and he was a nice man. I talked to my then boss and he assured me that was not the case.

Anyway, The Daddy, it can be horrible losing a colleague as they can often be friends as well as work colleagues. I hope you feel better soon.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2016, 17:33   #2987
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

So sorry for your loss, condolences to you and all the family, Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 20:17   #2988
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's not..

When I started my current job, one of my then colleagues actually told me the only reason the Uni could afford to employ me is that his colleague had died of cancer a few weeks before I started. I felt awful, as I knew the guy as a student and he was a nice man. I talked to my then boss and he assured me that was not the case.

Anyway, The Daddy, it can be horrible losing a colleague as they can often be friends as well as work colleagues. I hope you feel better soon.
I was a rolling temp as the guy whose job it was was having cancer treatment.

He was very good friends with the QM, who I'm sure does resent me working there.
Old 05-05-2016, 21:38   #2989
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Google Chrome.

I opt out of its 'targeted advertising' based on my browsing, however it's incredibly regular updates always opt me back in again. I'm sure that's the only reason for it 'updating' so regularly.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

And another one (i'm on a roll tonight !). Virgin Media webmail - it's so poor and frequently inaccessible - can't be that complicated a function to deliver.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 21:43   #2990
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l have to agree with you on the second one Mr K as its Webmail looks like its been produced on a shoestring and made by amateurs.
Old 05-05-2016, 22:16   #2991
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Not used my ISP webmail in donkeys years, I would say it is best not to tie your email to one's ISP as these can change.
Old 06-05-2016, 14:39   #2992
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

My retinopathy screening result came back, I have the start of it in my eyes. As you can imagine I'm not calm about it. Might see if I can get the images and go to Moorfields.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 16:55   #2993
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Got locked in the spare bedroom as the door latch would spring back, luckily i had a tool box in front of me so was able to prize it open!

So it is off to Homebase in the morning to replace atleast 3 door latches in my house as those are also very dodgy!
Old 06-05-2016, 19:31   #2994
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Sadly he passed away last night
Sorry to hear that TD it's never nice to lose a friend, work colleague or family member.

Sincere condolences.
Old 08-05-2016, 20:24   #2995
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

TV Programmes aimed for the UK, yet they insist on using Kilometres & Euros.

2 units which mean nothing to me, plus the later changers constantly.
Old 10-05-2016, 23:03   #2996
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

My company is being ISO audited, every I & T has to be dotted & crossed.

Its a right pain in the ass, as they go through every procedure with a fine tooth comb.

They asked if the company had a procedure/policy in-case our syndicate wins the lottery, they haven't, that was a mark against us.

As was the lack of KPIs, which are virtually impossible for us to do, but they don't see it.

It's almost as bad as "Six Sigma"
Old 11-05-2016, 14:44   #2997
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

How much of a chance do the council give people, The house has had the Pest Control out 4 times within a year, She keeps black bags full of Rubbish in the house council had to come and take them away. Her children have not been allowed to stay there till the house is clean, the children are never at school. They have been given new furniture three times as they break everything, Children have been running wild destroying and leaving Rubbish about, She has a partner who has a house of his own but lives there and works seven days a week. Police and social services are never away from the door, She now not has been seen for a week , so she now has 28 days to come back and get her house in order or she will be evicted, The family are above my house and our house and the rest are all bought houses, I pray she stays away, We are going to see a councillor this Monday for advice, I think I mentioned this family before to you. They are a gypsy family
Old 11-05-2016, 16:05   #2998
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Saw my grandfather today for first time since last summer, and I am shocked how much he has changed. He now looks even older than the 79 he is, and to be honest I'll be stunned if he makes his 80th this November. He might be a selfish cantankerous old git but it is sad to see a man who was fighting fit just 10 years ago go so downhill health wise.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 17:30   #2999
nashville
nashville

Hope he picks up Mark.
Old 11-05-2016, 22:21   #3000
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
How much of a chance do the council give people, The house has had the Pest Control out 4 times within a year, She keeps black bags full of Rubbish in the house council had to come and take them away. Her children have not been allowed to stay there till the house is clean, the children are never at school. They have been given new furniture three times as they break everything, Children have been running wild destroying and leaving Rubbish about, She has a partner who has a house of his own but lives there and works seven days a week. Police and social services are never away from the door, She now not has been seen for a week , so she now has 28 days to come back and get her house in order or she will be evicted, The family are above my house and our house and the rest are all bought houses, I pray she stays away, We are going to see a councillor this Monday for advice, I think I mentioned this family before to you. They are a gypsy family
Hope your nightmare ends soon.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote