Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 13-03-2017, 17:28   #2626
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

I've an idea - how about the rest of the UK having a referendum on a) whether the SNP can call a second 'once in a lifetime' vote and b) whether they'll ever be allowed back in if they do decide to leave...

Part of me would love to see them leave the UK just so the SNP finally have to carry the can for what follows. The likes of Sturgeon and Salmond are far more interested in indulging their own deluded egos than they are safeguarding the long term future of Scotland.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2017, 18:12   #2627
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sky News sources are saying the wee lass, Nicola, being pushed in to calling for another Indy Ref by Turkey neck, Alex Salmond and others.
I think she probably was. The membership has been far more itchy for a referendum than Stugeon who was by all accounts rather cautious and skeptical of another vote in this Scottish Parliament. Her goal has been to wait until the Yes vote was polling above 60%, but Brexit appears to have forced her hand for now with the membership ready to pounce.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 18:35   #2628
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I think there is a strong case for wanting a second indy referendum .The goal posts have definitely been moved since the last one and the large majority of scottish voters voted to remain .I think May should give Sturgeon the referendum she wants but have it ASAP so that everyone knows where they stand
Old 13-03-2017, 18:41   #2629
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

She actually makes me sick with her behavior for referendums, As long as she goes down in history as the person who split the U K ,she does not care about the economy, NHS, schools or anything else that matters, I hope Teresa May tells her to get lost, My answer I'd NO, like the last one,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 18:43   #2630
RizzyKing

Give the rest of the UK a vote on scotlands membership of the union it isn't right the snp can create trouble anytime they fancy their chances with the bulk of the UK then having to go through devisive and nasty campaigning. This issue will not end until a politician has the guts to give a vote to the rest of the UK until then we will be lucky if we can go a few years without the snp wanting a referendum.

Oh and this time no incentives should be given to try and influence the vote to be honest given the last one was meant to be a once in a lifetime thing we should cancel some of the incentives that were given as clearly the snp never intended it to be a once in a lifetime vote.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:03   #2631
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
She actually makes me sick with her behavior for referendums, As long as she goes down in history as the person who split the U K ,she does not care about the economy, NHS, schools or anything else that matters, I hope Teresa May tells her to get lost, My answer I'd NO, like the last one,
David Cameron will go down in history as the person responsible for splitting the UK if she wins the referendum, for the trigger has been the Brexit vote.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:13   #2632
RizzyKing

Brexit is just the most convenient excuse for the snp if it hadn't happened they would have found another excuse they are only interested in breaking the union by whatever means necessary. I hope most scots will see this for what it is pure ego driven politics not what's in the best interests of scotland or it's citizens. If a second vote is held whatever the result it will empower the snp and if a second vote goes against them they will use an excuse and call for another after a few short years.

Why not there is no downside here if they lose the vote that's all they lose and that's why I'd like a UK wide vote on scotlands future lets see how enthusiastic the snp are for votes when they have the rest of the UK kicking them out. If the politicians truly believe in the benefit of the union they must strongly defend it and not allow it to be held to ransom at the whim of a bunch of selfish idiots anytime they want to play up.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:21   #2633
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

It all depends on what the Scottish electorate see as more important ,staying in the union or staying in the EU .The latter is problematic because i cannot see the EU allowing Scotland to simply take our seat at the EU table ,i think they would have to apply for membership the same as any other country and how is Sturgeon going to sell the idea of escaping rule by Westminster only to replace it with rule by Brussels.Give her the referendum i say and sit back while she ties herself in knots
Old 13-03-2017, 19:21   #2634
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Brexit is just the most convenient excuse for the snp if it hadn't happened they would have found another excuse they are only interested in breaking the union by whatever means necessary. I hope most scots will see this for what it is pure ego driven politics not what's in the best interests of scotland or it's citizens. If a second vote is held whatever the result it will empower the snp and if a second vote goes against them they will use an excuse and call for another after a few short years.

Why not there is no downside here if they lose the vote that's all they lose and that's why I'd like a UK wide vote on scotlands future lets see how enthusiastic the snp are for votes when they have the rest of the UK kicking them out. If the politicians truly believe in the benefit of the union they must strongly defend it and not allow it to be held to ransom at the whim of a bunch of selfish idiots anytime they want to play up.
Of course the SNP only needed an excuse. They are committed to an Independent Scotland. Likewise the prospect of being kicked out by the rest of the UK would suit them too, I don't see how that would help.

It's not the SNP we should be worried about, it's the voters of Scotland as a whole.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:28   #2635
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Of course the SNP only needed an excuse. They are committed to an Independent Scotland. Likewise the prospect of being kicked out by the rest of the UK would suit them too, I don't see how that would help.

It's not the SNP we should be worried about, it's the voters of Scotland as a whole.
It would suit some of us just fine.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 19:29   #2636
RizzyKing

The snp are the problem and the people of scotland elected them and the whole UK suffers when an independence referendum happens not least the amount of crap thrown at them. There needs to be something to balance out the eagerness of the snp to call for independence referendums and that's why everyone having a vote will work in tempering their stupidity. Yes the snp want out of the UK but they want to do it on their terms them having the credit for independence if they are kicked out that's not what they want.
Old 13-03-2017, 19:55   #2637
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Will be interesting to see the words "take back control and "sovereignty" used by the independence campaign.
Old 13-03-2017, 20:08   #2638
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
It would suit some of us just fine.
I think losing the Union would be 10x worse than leaving the EU for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
The snp are the problem and the people of scotland elected them and the whole UK suffers when an independence referendum happens not least the amount of crap thrown at them. There needs to be something to balance out the eagerness of the snp to call for independence referendums and that's why everyone having a vote will work in tempering their stupidity. Yes the snp want out of the UK but they want to do it on their terms them having the credit for independence if they are kicked out that's not what they want.
Many in the SNP joined when the party was a small bunch of wackjobs with no chance or prospect of power. Don't underestimate the sacrifices they would go to to achieve their goal. They would drive the party into the ditch if it meant Independence.
Old 13-03-2017, 20:16   #2639
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Will be interesting to see the words "take back control and "sovereignty" used by the independence campaign.
and the Mcremoaners telling them they didn't know what they voted for blaa blaaa only for a last ditch attempt to thwart the will of the people by a Mc hairdresser and a Mc money grabber taking it to the courts ........

they will do all they can to stop Mcnicola enacting article thrifty .

Last edited by papa smurf; 13-03-2017 at 20:22.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 21:11   #2640
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
and the Mcremoaners telling them they didn't know what they voted for blaa blaaa only for a last ditch attempt to thwart the will of the people by a Mc hairdresser and a Mc money grabber taking it to the courts ........

they will do all they can to stop Mcnicola enacting article thrifty .
I'm liking the terms McLeaver and McStayer.