Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2017, 14:16   #886
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Genuine question

What do you need broadband speeds of 300 for in the average house currently ?
So you can brag to your mates that have Sky or BT broadband that you have faster internet lol

It's probably more to do with the amount of devices people have connected. You don't really realise until you have a new router and start changing passwords on everything :-). To go with the devices, with the increase of 4K streaming via Netflix and Amazon etc, it will also help to keep things running smoothly.
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2017, 14:52   #887
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Been moved to VIP I see. No price increase I can see. Replaced old v boxes with 2 TiVo boxes and now have sports in HD

Finally my utilisation issues fixed and getting a rather delightful 220mbps internet

Life can be beautiful at times
Old 23-03-2017, 14:54   #888
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If you've just been moved to VIP you should have been offered 2 x V6 boxes - although there would have been a one off £49.95 to do this on top of the £14.95 activation fee.
Old 23-03-2017, 16:55   #889
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Been moved to VIP I see. No price increase I can see. Replaced old v boxes with 2 TiVo boxes and now have sports in HD

Finally my utilisation issues fixed and getting a rather delightful 220mbps internet

Life can be beautiful at times
lol good times, Vince...it's glorious being a VIP
Old 23-03-2017, 21:06   #890
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
So you can brag to your mates that have Sky or BT broadband that you have faster internet lol

It's probably more to do with the amount of devices people have connected. You don't really realise until you have a new router and start changing passwords on everything :-). To go with the devices, with the increase of 4K streaming via Netflix and Amazon etc, it will also help to keep things running smoothly.
But hyperoptic users can boast 1gbs jammy buggers lol.
Old 23-03-2017, 22:31   #891
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Anyone else noticed that, according to VM, fom 2:05 this Sunday morning, the World Service changes into Radio 4 +1.
Old 24-03-2017, 00:45   #892
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Anyone else noticed that, according to VM, fom 2:05 this Sunday morning, the World Service changes into Radio 4 +1.
Listings glitches in the transition from GMT to BST (and vice versa) tend to crop up every year, not just on VM but in many places.

Old 24-03-2017, 18:03   #893
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
But hyperoptic users can boast 1gbs jammy buggers lol.
Yeah, that's pretty darn fast lol, I'm sure it's coming too to VM haha
Old 24-03-2017, 18:15   #894
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Yeah, that's pretty darn fast lol, I'm sure it's coming too to VM haha
Wouldn't be suprised to see vm start plans for 1gb in time tbh.
Old 25-03-2017, 08:14   #895
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

They are correct here now - overnight Radio 4 carries World Service programmes.
Quote:
Old 27-03-2017, 16:41   #896
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Turns out that the E! freeview was provided by hayu yesterday as a mother's day treat. Unless subscribed to seperately, I think that this in XL/Full House only.
Old 28-03-2017, 10:04   #897
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:

I'd be very surprised if Sky wasn't behind and funding this initiative. The take up of Sky Moves is very low on VM.
That doesn't hugely surprise me.

Friends of ours who are massively into their DVDs, but otherwise in no position to pay Sky subscriptions, mentioned the other day they've got a 6month offer on Sky Cinema but will not be keeping it beyond then.

I guess ongoing problems with the HD-On Demand library can't be helping.
Old 29-03-2017, 02:19   #898
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Plus getting movies via Now TV is cheaper for VM customers.
Old 29-03-2017, 13:50   #899
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Radio Times has confirmed that Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror brand will be back on Saturday on the Virgin Media EPG.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 29-03-2017, 17:13   #900
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Radio Times has confirmed that Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror brand will be back on Saturday on the Virgin Media EPG.
I didn't know they weren't on Virgin already. I always assumed Virgin customers received all the Sky Movies channels.
Closed Thread