Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 24-05-2011, 13:27   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
BTW, it won't just be Virgin's TiVo app that will do remote record, other iOS apps will do it soon too. The "TV Guide" iOS app will be one of them:
http://getsatisfaction.com/tvguideco..._remote_record
Should be interesting to see how they manage to do that as they'll have to hook into Virgin's authentication services.
Old 24-05-2011, 13:31   #32
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
BTW, it won't just be Virgin's TiVo app that will do remote record, other iOS apps will do it soon too. The "TV Guide" iOS app will be one of them:
http://getsatisfaction.com/tvguideco..._remote_record
I use that app too, it's great but I wish they did a pro version without the ads.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Should be interesting to see how they manage to do that as they'll have to hook into Virgin's authentication services.
I think that means it's not posible, will that be opened up to developers or is that doubtful?
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 13:46   #33
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Will be intresting i have found you can remote record via a blackberry but via the mobile website but the guide is not the grid version.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 13:55   #34
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would guess you'd need the service number of the box? Are you saying Virgin have not authorised TV Guide to use your authentication services?
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 14:01   #35
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I would guess you'd need the service number of the box? Are you saying Virgin have not authorised TV Guide to use your authentication services?
Not that I'm aware of, which is why I said it will be interesting to see how they manage to do it
Old 24-05-2011, 14:05   #36
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of, which is why I said it will be interesting to see how they manage to do it
I know it's completely different but the TV Guide app works to remote record on Sky+HD boxes.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 15:04   #37
Pubmaster
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Pubmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Hi Ben

I have tried a few times to get this to work, but all i keep getting is

"Sorry, there's been a technical glitch. unfortunately, you wont be able to record this programme"

I get this message on EVERY programme that i try to record
Pubmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 15:08   #38
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

They is a known issue with it at the moment

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...in/td-p/512487
Old 24-05-2011, 15:10   #39
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
They is a known issue with it at the moment

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...in/td-p/512487
How come they have so many issues with remote record ?
Old 24-05-2011, 18:35   #40
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How come they have so many issues with remote record ?

The service is brand new, I expect a few hiccups along the way

Sky+ remote record has been around for ages so nice and stable
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 19:12   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
The service is brand new, I expect a few hiccups along the way

Sky+ remote record has been around for ages so nice and stable
Agreed VM TIVO service will get stronger and stronger , people will be well impressed once all the mobile apps are out.
Old 24-05-2011, 19:14   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l am looking forward to a mobile app for my HTC Desire.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 19:18   #43
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l am looking forward to a mobile app for my HTC Desire.
You will love it mate , the apps are better than using the mobile site , and the TIVO iPad app looks good.
Old 25-05-2011, 11:39   #44
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

All we know is that it's coming this year, do we know anything else about the VM version?
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 12:43   #45
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Just hope its not only for Apple devices
toady is offline   Reply With Quote