Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

Old 20-09-2008, 14:43   #16
zing_deleted

Re: The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

If I cancelled and got a letter I would simply send an email stating it is not convenient to post back these good and that they can arrange pick up of said items at a time convenient to me
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2008, 12:01   #17
wall4856
Inactive

Services: Sky HD/Sky Broadband Max/Sky Talk Unlimited
wall4856 is infamous around these partswall4856 is infamous around these parts

They don't seem to be in a hurry to collect the equipment now they realise i still have it, they valued the equipment at £250, could it be the cash value they really wanted to collect?.
wall4856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 13:54   #18
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Well a bloke came round yesterday looking for the STB from the previous tenants, they must have done a runner with it. But it does show that they care about them...perhaps it was a Samsung box?
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 14:39   #19
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
Well a bloke came round yesterday looking for the STB from the previous tenants, they must have done a runner with it. But it does show that they care about them...perhaps it was a Samsung box?
could have been someone looking for a box to "mess about with"
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 16:38   #20
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

When I moved out they (virgin) came out and picked up my modem, v+ and little samsung box.

They did not, however want any usb, ethernet, hdmi, scart or power packs that went with them they just asked me to throw them away.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 13:37   #21
wall4856
Inactive

and they still haven't collected the equipment.
Old 06-10-2008, 14:32   #22
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall4856 View Post
and they still haven't collected the equipment.
They will only collect the equipment if it is STB and modems that are still being issued at present, any old equipment will not be picked up as it is not possible to reissue it.
Old 06-10-2008, 15:57   #23
wall4856
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoIneedatech View Post
They will only collect the equipment if it is STB and modems that are still being issued at present, any old equipment will not be picked up as it is not possible to reissue it.
So why the hell would they phone and say that it would be picked up?
Old 06-10-2008, 16:32   #24
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
So why the hell would they phone and say that it would be picked up?
What equipment do you have, as they may have realised that the gear you had was no longer being issued

This what it says in the Terms and Conditions.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ble/terms.html

E Using our equipment 4

If we or you end this agreement, or you decide to disconnect from some of our services, you must return our equipment to us (or let us collect it from you if we choose to do this).
Old 06-10-2008, 17:15   #25
wall4856
Inactive

Quote:
What equipment do you have, as they may have realised that the gear you had was no longer being issued

This what it says in the Terms and Conditions.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ble/terms.html

E Using our equipment 4

If we or you end this agreement, or you decide to disconnect from some of our services, you must return our equipment to us (or let us collect it from you if we choose to do this).
Have you even read this thread?
The Equipment i have is all NTL and Virgin where made aware of this fact when i emailed them and asked if they wished to pick it up as i was not able to take to post office.
They then phoned me and said yes they will be sending someone to pick it up.
All of which has previously been stated on this forum.
I was only pointing out the fact that even after sending a letter, asking me to return the equipment, then phoning me to tell me that the equipment would be picked up, they had not done so, and if they had in the meantime decided against picking it up, surely a courtesy letter asking me to dispose of it would be appropriate.
Old 06-10-2008, 17:24   #26
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Have you even read this thread?
The Equipment i have is all NTL and Virgin where made aware of this fact when i emailed them and asked if they wished to pick it up as i was not able to take to post office.
They then phoned me and said yes they will be sending someone to pick it up.
All of which has previously been stated on this forum.
I was only pointing out the fact that even after sending a letter, asking me to return the equipment, then phoning me to tell me that the equipment would be picked up, they had not done so, and if they had in the meantime decided against picking it up, surely a courtesy letter asking me to dispose of it would be appropriate.
Don't hold your breath. They did the same to me - kept promising collections and not showing up. The even asked if I could take the equipment to my new address and they would collect it from there. Fine I said. When do you want to collect it from my new address in the USA.
Eventually sent it to them by DHL, they then still claimed they had not recieved it and it took months, i mean months. 9 months after I moved to the USA I was still dealing with NTL biling and an open account for the boxes even though multiple times I had sent them the DHL tracking and signature details for the shipment.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 12:14   #27
wall4856
Inactive

Knock at the door this morning Tuesday 21st Oct, Virgin guy here to pick up the equipment, he only wanted the digi box and remote and gave me a receipt for those, he told me to bin the modem and cables, think i'll put them in the cupboard in case they change their mind.
Old 21-10-2008, 13:30   #28
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Knock at the door this morning Tuesday 21st Oct, Virgin guy here to pick up the equipment, he only wanted the digi box and remote and gave me a receipt for those, he told me to bin the modem and cables, think i'll put them in the cupboard in case they change their mind.
What model is the modem, if it is no longer issued then they do not want it back.
Old 28-10-2008, 20:48   #29
wall4856
Inactive

Quote:
What model is the modem, if it is no longer issued then they do not want it back.
Do you ever read these post before you reply?
Old 28-10-2008, 20:53   #30
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Do you ever read these post before you reply?
Yes I read what you posted and as I am a Virgin Tech I was interested to find out what modems we are no longer collecting in case I get a call from someone with that model and helps me decide if a replacement should be sent out.