Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

Old 18-09-2008, 14:34   #1
wall4856
Inactive

Services: Sky HD/Sky Broadband Max/Sky Talk Unlimited
wall4856 is infamous around these partswall4856 is infamous around these parts
The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

I cancelled all my services with Virgin media in June, TV/Broadband/Phone and was told by cacellation department that i should dispose of all equipment in an environmentally safe manner as they did not want it back, this morning i received the letter below from a company called QNET Group Ltd.

Dear *******

Please find enclosed freepost packaging for the return of your Virgin Media Digital Equipment, scart leads, power supply and remote control.
Please place the equipment in the bag(s) provided and take them to your nearest Post Office, handing it in over the counter.

For your security please ensure that you obtain a receipt when handing the bags over, also please keep this for your records.

Could you please write on the slip provided the receipt number and that put into the bag when you are returning it at the Post Office.

Alternatively you can call or email us with your postal receipt number and we will add this to your account

. Telephone: 0871 700 4788 selecting option 1
. Email: qnetsupportservices@qnetcontracting.com (please quote your Virgin Media account number so that we can add it to the correct account)

Please ensure when returning the equipment you have enclosed your Virgin Media account number so the equipment can be processed to the correct account.

If yor equipment has already been collected or installed at your new address could you please phone the number above or email us so that it doesn't escalate to the debt recovery team, as each digital converter is worth£250. The debt recovery team will deploy different measures in order to recover the equipment

Kind Regards
QNET Group Limited

has anyone else had this letter months after leaving Virgin? and if so did you still have the equipment?
wall4856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2008, 14:38   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

A verbal command from CS/retentions/billing is hard to hold up as a legal instruction, the fact that the equipement is VM's and that they now want it back within a reasonable amount of time is reasonable.. I know that they rarely have asked for it in the past but as the written contract states it is their equipment.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 15:12   #3
wall4856
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
A verbal command from CS/retentions/billing is hard to hold up as a legal instruction, the fact that the equipement is VM's and that they now want it back within a reasonable amount of time is reasonable.. I know that they rarely have asked for it in the past but as the written contract states it is their equipment.
That may well be true but why are the Virgin CS/retentions/billing telling ex customers to dispose of the equipment? and it was on more than one occasion and from different reps, even as in my case the equipment is old NTL equipment which i'd had for years.
Old 18-09-2008, 15:52   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Probably the same reason as to why some CS quote rediculous things like there is no STM, everyone will be upgraded to 50Mb or even sell retentions at one price then charge another. In simple terms like most large companies one department doesn't talk to another and the "please dispose of the equipment" might be what one department thinks that they should tell customers when in actual fact they should be saying something else..

As I stated earlier though the disposal request was verbal and might/might not have been recorded where as the please return the equipment is in writing..
Old 18-09-2008, 17:01   #5
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

When we moved out of a cabled area the CS rep organised an engineer visit to collect the equipment. I suspect this was because we had a V+ box, but they also took the Samsung V box and the VM 255 SACM..
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 19:40   #6
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall4856 View Post
I cancelled all my services with Virgin media in June, TV/Broadband/Phone and was told by cacellation department that i should dispose of all equipment in an environmentally safe manner as they did not want it back, this morning i received the letter below from a company called QNET Group Ltd.

Dear *******

Please find enclosed freepost packaging for the return of your Virgin Media Digital Equipment, scart leads, power supply and remote control.
Please place the equipment in the bag(s) provided and take them to your nearest Post Office, handing it in over the counter.

For your security please ensure that you obtain a receipt when handing the bags over, also please keep this for your records.

Could you please write on the slip provided the receipt number and that put into the bag when you are returning it at the Post Office.

Alternatively you can call or email us with your postal receipt number and we will add this to your account

. Telephone: 0871 700 4788 selecting option 1
. Email: qnetsupportservices@qnetcontracting.com (please quote your Virgin Media account number so that we can add it to the correct account)

Please ensure when returning the equipment you have enclosed your Virgin Media account number so the equipment can be processed to the correct account.

If yor equipment has already been collected or installed at your new address could you please phone the number above or email us so that it doesn't escalate to the debt recovery team, as each digital converter is worth£250. The debt recovery team will deploy different measures in order to recover the equipment

Kind Regards
QNET Group Limited

has anyone else had this letter months after leaving Virgin? and if so did you still have the equipment?

phone the number above and tell them its been collected
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 19:47   #7
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Quote:
I'm not sure asking for the equipment back 3 months later is a reasonable amount of time though.

Although you may not necessarily be able to prove what someone at CS said on the phone, wouldn't the absence of certain records at VM prove the same thing? If necessary a DP SAR should get you access to their records at the time of the account closure?

I'd ring this QNet firm and explain what's happened - chances are someone at VM messed up with the records somewhere.
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 21:02   #8
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
When we moved out of a cabled area the CS rep organised an engineer visit to collect the equipment. I suspect this was because we had a V+ box, but they also took the Samsung V box and the VM 255 SACM..
They will definitely come for that list of equipment as it is all currently being issued, all V+, Samsung STB's and late model modems will be collected whenever possible.
Old 18-09-2008, 21:11   #9
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Question Re: The Recovery of your disconnected Virgin Media equipment

Does anyone know which company collects the equipment now in this area it was Q net but not seen them for a while
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 22:01   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post
I'm not sure asking for the equipment back 3 months later is a reasonable amount of time though.

Although you may not necessarily be able to prove what someone at CS said on the phone, wouldn't the absence of certain records at VM prove the same thing? If necessary a DP SAR should get you access to their records at the time of the account closure?
You are, of course, assuming that the account shows that the CSR made the request..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 13:23   #11
wall4856
Inactive

Can i just point out that i did not dispose of the equipment in an environmentally safe or any other manner but stored it in a cupboard, mainly because of my previous experience with Virgin Media CS/retentions/billing and because i have read of others on this forum having poor experience with Virgin Media reps lying/giving wrong information and or just could not give a damn.

I sent Virgin an email and asked them to come and pick it up as i was not able to take to Post Office, I got phone call last night (fastest response i ever got from them) telling me that they would send someone to come and collect it.
although i will not be handing the equipment over unless i get a receipt for it.

I know that a lot of you are happy with your services from Virgin and if you are happy then that's all that counts, as for me i am just happy to be rid of Virgin and delighted with my new service provider.
Old 19-09-2008, 13:38   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Personally I still have a Ambit 255 modem sat here in it's box (only used it for 3 months) No-ones ever said anything about it and I doubt if it'll ever get collected..But either way until I have something in writing to say I can dispose of it I'll leave it sat there..
Old 20-09-2008, 08:11   #13
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

28 days from cancellation is ample time to be given to collect equipment just threaten them back with a small claims court.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 10:42   #14
Kymmy
Inactive

Yes but only if the OP has written in and asked for the equipment to be collected. Only 28 days from that point can he legally claim status to the equipment and do with it what he wants...

If no-one writes to the others asking for the equipment to be returned/collected then it's in limbo
Old 20-09-2008, 13:11   #15
wall4856
Inactive

Quote:
Yes but only if the OP has written in and asked for the equipment to be collected. Only 28 days from that point can he legally claim status to the equipment and do with it what he wants...

If no-one writes to the others asking for the equipment to be returned/collected then it's in limbo
I can assure you it ain't in limbo it's sitting in the cupboard waiting to be picked up.