Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 198.168.100.1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Woking - problems?

Old 30-03-2004, 13:25   #1
Banshee
Inactive

Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point
Woking - problems?

Hello, based in Woking. Noticed on the server status page the following statement:
Quote:
"Network resegmentaion will be done in the following regions, East Belfast, derby, Woking, Ashford, Hemel Hempstead, Swansea, Warwick, Dunstable, Shettleston, Biggleswade, Lewisham and Ashford."
I've tried to get anywhere using IE and I can't. Effectively my internet access is buggered. I can't even ping/use the DNS servers (194.168.4.100/194.168.8.100). I've tried multiple reboots / cable modem resets. Broadband support say my cable modem's reachable - I'm not actually at site and that the problem's with my PC - but all was working fine late Sunday evening and I haven't, for a change, actually done anything on it. Anyone else have any problems in this area?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2004, 13:34   #2
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: Woking - problems?

Can you do an IP config and confirm that you have a valid NTL IP address

If it's the DNS's try 194.42.224.130/194.42.224.131 ...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 16:10   #3
Banshee
Inactive

Still waiting for the info. How will I know if it's a valid NTL IP address?

Quote:
If it's the DNS's try 194.42.224.130/194.42.224.131 ...
Do you mean to change the DNS entries to these or just ping them. Thanks for the help.
Old 30-03-2004, 16:18   #4
Banshee
Inactive

Just got an answer from home that it's working again Thanks for any/all help.
Old 30-03-2004, 16:33   #5
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee
Still waiting for the info. How will I know if it's a valid NTL IP address?

Do you mean to change the DNS entries to these or just ping them. Thanks for the help.
There are set ranges for NTL IP's and default ones set if there is a connection error.

The DNS entries I gave you are NON NTL ones, and can be used in times of problems to discount NTL DNS problems.

Glad it's working
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 18:33   #6
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Well, last night in Woking my cable modem light went dead and wouldn't come on again. Around midnight. Tried a couple of reboots, but wouldn't get onto the network. Hope this isn't the start of problems.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote